“Overpriced for room in Regina” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SAVE between 10-30%!
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Regina
Saskatoon, Canada
“Overpriced for room in Regina”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The room was small and situated over the front entrance. Even with group rate was more expensive than in Edmonton Holiday inn express. The first morning woke up to cigarette smells as they hotel guests congregated at the front door. No signage asking them to stay a certain amount of feet away. Toilet was low flow and had trouble flushing paper, let alone number 2. Had to call plumber 2 times. Pool was small. Staff was excellent however to deal with.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
DMiller21, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Regina South, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Regarding prices, I want to assure you that we are competitive with other hotels in Regina. I know that other cities have different prices for hotels based on their particular markets. Also, I would like to apologize for some of the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. Thanks for letting me know. I will look into these issues. And I appreciate your feedback on the positive customer service that you received.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
saskatchewan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were greeted with only one bottle of water when there was 2 of us while the 2 ladies that registered beside us both got water. The room was clean but there was a pair of boots left behind in a bag in the closet. We had hard time finding s parking space. I must say the breakfast next morning madeup for all these inconsistencies. The lady looking after breakfast went more than 100% to help!

• Stayed April 2013
I'm glad you were able to find us. Sounds like our hotel got off to a less than perfect start, but you were happy in the end. Excellent! We always strive to improve our property so I thank you for your comments about your stay.
Tuktoyaktuk, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The stay at the Holiday Inn Express was a wonderful experience, with their staffing going over and above anything I could have dreamt of.

It was a quiet evening, my family and I were sound asleep in our very comfortable beds, then out of nowhere the sound of a cow moose moaning awoke us. Thankfully the Holiday Inn Express had an expert hunter on staff, who was able to subdue the animal - from my guess, from the high pitched moaning sounds the moose was making, via strangulation. You could tell it was an epic struggle by the way the expert hunter was grunting while trying to subdue the beast.

And how do I know the hunter was an expert?

I've hunted moose, and to get one subdued and to stop moaning in less than two minutes, with your bare hands, is a formidable task.

Thank you to the Holiday Inn Express for having the foresight to have an expert hunter on staff for that one time a cow moose breaks in to the hotel room next to mine.

*It wasn't a cow moose and an expert hunter, but I had to tell my kids something.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you. We look forward to seeing you again.
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed 2 nights for business at the university. Decently located in terms of food options and proximity to both the airport and university. Good sized room, and beds were very good. Clean nice bathroom. Front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast good but nothing special. Slight odor in the hallways as has been mentioned in other reviews, but nothing terrible (and didn't affect room itself). Overall a good stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DMiller21, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Regina South, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thanks for staying at our hotel. I am happy that you found our staff accommodating and enjoyed the facilities and location. Thank you for bringing the hallway odor to our attention. Hotel maintenance will be taking care of it. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Realized after booking it that it was in the wrong part of town for our business the next day. Tried to see if we could change to one on the east side but we were 20 minutes over the cancellation time, so no go. This Hotel is in a nice part of town - lots of restaurants and some shopping. As far as the property itself - we were a little disappointed. The hot tub was out of service in the morning and the parking is mediocre. Staff were friendly but she told me I could park on the north side of the hotel and so I did that, but when I got there it said private parking - so when I got in, I asked just to make sure. Since English was not the her native tongue she walked with me to show me where I could park and it was all of two spaces jammed up against the building that were already filled. So you get the picture. The front loading area is high with steep ramps and crowded parking. So mix that with some winter conditions and you could have issues if you are not careful. Probably the best part of this place is the spacious breakfast room, that was very pleasant. Small odor in the room but not significant - I have a very sensitive nose. The lobby has high power perfume in it. Will I return - not likely. Found a nicer place the next night. Would I recommend it - most people will find it totally acceptable but when I pay $150 per night in this geographic, I expect something better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DMiller21, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Regina South, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I wish I could have met with you so that I could have talked to you about your concerns.

I would like to apologize for the hot-tub being out of order as well as the parking. I understand your frustration. Unfortunately, we had to shut down the hot-tub temporarily for maintenance reasons. I also agree with you that our parking does become crowded at our hotel, especially on our busy nights. So hotel staff will assist by going outside to show guests our overflow parking area. But I can see why you may not have felt comfortable parking in a private parking area even if our staff said it was okay to do so.

I hope that in the future you will give us another chance. I appreciate your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to find ways to improve our guest satisfaction.
Swift Current
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, clean, quiet, and friendly! Nice little pool area, and work out room! Close to some good restaraunts. hotel is newer so rooms are in great shape. I would recommend this hotel as opposed to the travelodge next door. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you very much. It was a great pleasure to have you stay with us. See you again.
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had business meetings at the Travellodge in Regina, it was full so I decided to try this Holiday Inn. It is tucked behind a Tim Hortons, Burger King, Subway, Keg, so lots of eatery options, and as said next to the Travellodge. Good location if you have business in South Regina, relatively close to legislative buildings. Nice large rooms, good beds and pillows options, the hotel can't be older than a few years so everything is still clean and new. Good tread mills in the fitness Centre, nice warm swimming pool and good hot tub. Breakfast is very good, excellent warm flakey cinnamon buns, bacon, eggs, pancakes machine (first I've seen). Pleasant staff. Parking is limited, but the front desk seems to direct you to other locations (just ask). Walls are a little thin but that's the way express hotels seem to be built. I'd stay again, sign up for priority club as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DMiller21, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Regina South, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you very much. It"s so great that you enjoyed your stay. Now that you know where we are, I hope to see you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Regina South? Share your experiences!