“Used to be a fan..” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Used to be a fan..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Over the last year and a half this place has lost its claim as a "steakhouse". It is a family buffet restaurant. Closes the kitchen @ 10 on a Friday and prefers to serve discount meals. Not what I loved about this place. Cheap cuts and service.
I loved this place! Frequented twice a week. Not any more. Tonight was the last straw. Go to the Diplomat or Gulfs. If you must, go to The Keg

Regina, Canada
“Good service. Bad steak. Hidden costs.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The good: The shrimp was amazing so was the stuffed potato and Caesar salad. The waitress was nice. Came around lots and pleasant.

The bad: For being a steakhouse, the steak was cold when it came out and tough. I prefer the Keg over Silvers.

The poor: Up charging us for each Caesar salad we ordered without stating it on the menu. Or telling us, was kinda slimy. This isn't a big deal. It's just the principle of things. The blue cheese butter that they put on was horrible. Killed the steak that was already cold.

Regina, Canada
“Sad to say but very underwhelming...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I'll start off by saying that this restaurant was not my choice, I was attending a girls event and this was the location that was chosen for us. Normally I avoid “steak” type restaurants as I find them overpriced for what they are and I’m usually disappointed. This was no exception.

We had a private room, which was nice, and our service was very good (with the exception of 1 meal that arrived very late at the table with no explanation). I did ask for a sample of a particular wine before I purchased the bottle, and it was nice that they were able to accommodate this request.

As an appetizer we ordered the snow crab mushroom caps with cheese sauce, and it was pretty lousy. Couldn’t identify any crab in the mushroom, or asparagus, and the cheese sauce basically ruined the dish.

For the main dish I ordered a 8 oz New York stip, for I believe $27.95. With it I chose the starter salad and stuffed potato. They offered quite a standard variety of salad dressings, but they also offered a “cherry lime vinaigrette”, which was different and quite good. The stuffed potato appeared to be made quite in advance (the green onions were yellowed and old looking or were maybe dehydrated?), had some cheese and bacon in it, but was dry and not fresh tasting. The vegetable that came with was some sweet glazed carrots that were ok, but most people left them on their plate. My steak was cooked a Iittle more well than I had asked but not enough to send it back. Other than the “complimentary butter” that you can add to it, it had no taste and was not worth the price I paid. I’m sure that most people could cook this meal better at home. Again, I’m not a huge fan of steak restaurants, but at least the Keg is cheaper and has better food.

I have no problem paying up to $40 per plate of excellent food in Regina, and have done so many times at the Willow on Wascana, or Creek Bistro, etc. but I will not do so at Silver’s again. Sorry.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Regina
“Never disappointed the last three times I went”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Been there for brunch, thursday night, and sunday dinner buffet. The price is reasonable with the quality of food. Especially their brunch and dinner and their daily dinner specials. Wait staff were awesome, very tentative. The atmosohere was great. Never had once disappointed me this year's visits.they have improved a lot since they first open. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Pricey but great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were invited to this restaurant and were pleasantly surprised by the great food, good service, and nice atmosphere. The only exception was the prices. For the Keg type menu and atmosphere,the prices are for 20 to 30% higher. We had a variety of meals, and a couple appetizers. The portions were adequate and well presented. The service was good, but not that quick despite the few people on this early Saturday afternoon. Try it, but bring your credit card as it won't be cheap.

• Visited September 2013