“fabulous steaks” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Regina, Canada
“fabulous steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

All of the steaks are tender and delicious. Wide variety of cuts and sizes. Pricing has come down considerably since their opening and the value is excellent. We eat there atleast twice a month.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

49% Recommend
Regina
“Great Food Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Went there Sept. 9 with some friends. Even though the place was full we were seated quickly. The price were resonable and you did not have to have a calculator to add any extras you wanted they were included not like some other Steakhouse's. Everything came on time and hot. We were there when they opened a couple of years ago or so and it was not near the experince we had this time. We will be going back

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal,Quebec
“Overpriced and underwelming”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I went there last Saturday Aug.27,'11 for a couple of friends b-day.Let me say that I have heard and seen many reviews about this place and mostly (85-90%) have been negative. Let me say I agree with them.I walked in at 8:00pm and noticed we were pretty much the only ones there.I saw only 3 other tables taken up.I ordered the $39.95 T-Bone which came with soup or ceaser salad.I opted for salad which was very bland and served in a tiny bowl. Next up was the thinnest T-Bone I have ever seen in a (supposedly)steak house. For the price,I was expecting a much thicker steak! I mean it was a maximum 1/2" thick (or thin actually!). We ordered a few bottles of red wine which was overly bloated in price.It was a Wolfcreek Merlot which they charged $48 for.I saw it the next day at the liquor store on special for $12.93!! I mean I understand a markup but that was too much.Service overall was very good.The waitress was sweet and funny.On a side note,they do not grill their steaks.On the way to the washroom,I saw them putting the steaks on a wire grill through a convectional oven.Kinda like when you go to Domino's for pizza.It's the same kindof oven the use at the Keg.Whatever happened to the days when you could get a GRILLED steak?? Overall,I will never go back and all the negative reviews you see are true.Sad,but true. Save your money and go elsewhere.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Regina
“Margarine...are you kidding me???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

My husband and I decided to give Silver's another shot...we ate there a few months after it opened and thought it was over-priced with medi-ocre food. Perhaps they were still ironing out the kinks. Last night did not leave a better impression with us. We both ordered the anniversary special -8 oz. top sirloin with lobster tail for $29.95 and all the fixings...well except for a starter caesar salad that was $2 extra and was barely a cupful. And the $5 side of mushrooms that were soaking in margarine. Yes, I said margarine...I was initially dissapointed when the cheese rolls came with a side of margarine, then the butter-warmers that should have been BUTTER were also filled with margarine. What a turn-off! What kind of self-proclaimed highend restaurant serves margarine???...with seafood??? What happened to butter? Needless to say, we will not be back. There are better options for a nice steak in Regina that are well worth the visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Regina, Canada
“Save your money and go the The Keg instead.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

My husband and I decided to give the silver steakhouse a try last nite. Nice decor but this place Is trying hard to be a 5 star restarant but is in fact only a Steakhouse. The prices are terribly high for what you are served. I ordered the small cut of primerib and the yorkshire pudding was tough and rubbery. The service was average but for my money this place is nothing special,take a pass.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere