“Great location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Prince Albert
Saskatoon, Canada
“Great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

My husband and I were on holidays at the lake and the weather had been miserable for more than a week, so we decided one morning to pack up and head to Prince Albert and the casino. We went to The Prince Albert Inn, as we could see it had a skywalk attached to the casino.
The lobby is very nice, and I was rather impressed. We walked up to the front desk and were greeted right away by a young woman with a smile. She was very friendly, and we found out it was just her third day on the job. There were two others there to help her, and all were very nice. We checked in with no problems.
We got a king room on the main floor. Walking down the hall from the front desk, the first half of the hallway is tile and is very loud when rolling your suitcase or a luggage cart across the floor. I was glad we weren't in a room that had the tile in the hall in front. The tile turned to carpet, which had big bumps in it. It looked as though there had been a flood and the carpet had been dried and needed to be stretched.We got to our room and it was a mixture of - this is pretty nice to yuck. When you first walk in, there is ceramic tile and an area for the coffee pot with a nice sized stainless steel fridge. Bathroom was okay. Step farther into the room and then it's carpet. The filthiest carpet I have ever seen in a hotel. It seems as though they've remodelled the first 5 ft. of the room, and left the rest. The first thing I did was turn down the blankets on the bed to check the sheets. There were yellow stains ( I hope they were stains) and hair in the sheets. I went to the housekeeper we had passed in the hall and asked if I could get some new sheets for our bed. She brought them right away and I remade the bed - minus the blanket and comfortor. I was very grateful we had brought our sleeping bags with us from the lake. There was an armchair in the room, and the arms on it were so greasy and dirty my stomach rolled. I said to my husband that if they don't want to purchase new chairs for the rooms, they should at least take them out! I would've rather had no chair in there than that filthy thing.
This is a nice property with an excellent location. It's a shame it feels so grungy. The rooms are decent size, have a really nice fridge and the bathroom is okay. It doesn't matter to me that the curtains and comfortor (which btw, had a big hole in it) are from the 70's, but I do expect clean. The staff were all friendly, and if you're there for the casino, you can't find a better location. That is why I am saying I would recommend this hotel, but I recommend taking slippers and bedding.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Regina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

We travelled to PA for a conference and spent one night at the PA Inn. Upon walking in, you were greeted with an OBVIOUS smell of cigarette smoke which would then permeate everything in the hotel. The Casino next door seemed to be the culprit. We received a special rate because of the conference, so when the conference let out for the afternoon, everyone went to the hotel to check in. It was quite slow, but understandable. Some other people at the conference had issues with non-smoking rooms being double booked, and were not accomodated, and while the staff member seemed sorry, he just sort of shrugged "what can you do" and had no other solutions/discounts. They ended up leaving.
My non smoking double bed room had a beautiful view of a dirty, disgusting back alley and I got to see the grease bin and other garbage bin dumps by staff, as well as their smoke breaks from the restaurant. You couldn't have paid me enough to sit on the lounging chair. Carpet was worn and quite dirty. Dirt and marks around door jam. TV was new and worked great. Some dust on the table, night stands.
The bed linen seemed fairly new and smelled ok, but I sprayed perfumed body spray all through the room and bed to get rid of the smoke smell. Thankfully, it wasn't as bad as the hallway/lobby.
The bathroom was very clean and well stocked. Did not use the coffee maker, but did wash glass provided before using, just in case. Room was spacious and entry way was set up well with lots of closet room, area for coffee maker, mirror, plug ins, etc.
There seemed to be a lot of people walking around the hallways who did not work there, and were not going into rooms. I didn't feel threatened, but there were a lot of folks wandering around.
The only elevator is small and seems to be on it's last legs, didn't feel the need to risk the pool, restaurant in the morning for breakfast was ok, but service was nothing special. In general, the whole place seems run down and ready for a makeover and definitely an air freshner.
Check out was painless, staff was helpful, friendly.
Overall, I think you could find a much nice, cleaner, better place to stay in PA for a little more than our $99 rate.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Kindersley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

We recently stayed at this hotel with our hockey team for three days. Anything that we requested, the staff went above and beyond to please each and everyone of us. Knowing that we were coming as a big group, they supplied our families with meals, drinks and hospitality rooms at a minimal charge for meals and rooms. We enjoyed being able to come back to the hotel, relax in a clean environment and have a great stay! Special thanks to the staff, especially Janet, for the great service!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Saskatoon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

My family and I stayed at the Prince Albert Inn Valentines weekend and I do have the say that the staff were incredibly polite. I found them very professional. The hotel was full that weekend with hockey teams and casino bands. Of course with a full hotel and a casino right next door you are bound to have some late night partiers. Security arrived promptly when we called regarding noise and kids from the hockey team being loud. Thumbs up Prince Albert Inn staff you did an amazing job. I especially enjoyed the morning staff as they were incredibly fast and always smiling. This made our stay very friendly. I would definitley recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

Our son plays peewee hockey and the team had a tournament in Prince Albert over Valentine's Weekend. We booked a block way in advance at the PA Inn for the weekend.
When our family arrived Friday evening, with an extra kid, we requested a cot for our room. We were told the cots were all broken and they would take over 12 hours to fix.
The room clearly could not accomodate 3 kids and 2 adults so we were forced into getting a 2nd room. The rooms were disgusting. Broken beer bottles on the floor, hair all over toilet, splash marks all over mirrors. Bed linens were not changed and stunk of stale liquor. The 2nd room was horrible with vomit in the sink and hair all over the toilet.
Staff both for the hotel and restaurant were rude to everyone on the team. Other people changed rooms upto 3 times trying to find something suitable, to no avail. Sadly we played on a wknd where all other hotels were booked full so we couldn't change.
DO NOT STAY HERE! No security. Dealing with drunks banging on doors, partying and fighting in rooms and in hallways to all hours of the night. Absolutely horrific. There's no internet in the guestrooms as their website states, only in meeting rooms. The pool is ok, but the maintenance came in and threw solution into the pool and hot tub while they were full of kids, with no warning...resulting in full body rashes, irritated eyes and some sick to their stomach within minutes.
Disgusting place. Stay clear away.
They claim newly renovated with new beds? Beds are like super singles. Bed linen is old with holes and not cleaned. Rooms are not vaccumed, washrooms not clean nor sanitized. I dare to wonder who's done what to the coffee makers in the room.

• Stayed February 2009
Saskatoon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

On a recent trip with a group of friends we stayed there due to proximity to the Casino (good weekend on the tables too!). We were very impressed with the newly renovated rooms and overall cleanliness as we had stayed there in the past. The staff were outstanding and the link to the Casino was very convenient. Had a chance to use the fitness room one day and was very pleased with the equipment.
Management has done a fantastic job improving this property!

• Liked — Staff & Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Alarm Clock
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Prince Albert Inn? Share your experiences!