“Real Home Town Moose Jaw” 4 of 5 stars

(306) 692-4414
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 87 Restaurants in Moose Jaw
Regina, Canada
“Real Home Town Moose Jaw”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Local flavour all the way! A real small town cafe with great all day breakfasts just around the corner from the Spa. Friendly down home service at a good price. The pan fried potatoes were really tasty and it was worth splitting an order of pancakes for a late breakfast feast. (breakfast will run about $6-$7/plate). Don't miss out on the culture of Moose Jaw by staying with the chains.

Visited December 2012

Moose Jaw, Canada
“Great Chinese special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have been visiting the Uptown for as long as I can remember. My parents took my sister and I here all the time when we were young, and we would always order mushroom soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. The owner, Jack, was very friendly and always stopped to visit with my parents. As I have grown up and my tastes have matured, I love the daily Chinese special of Chicken chow mein, chicken fried rice, and chicken balls, and the egg rolls are amazing. The decor has stayed the same forever, but it is clean and the place is always full, so why mess with a good thing? The kids love the milkshakes.

Visited July 2012
Lamont Alberta Canada
“Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

waitress very fast and efficient good breakfast and cheap

Visited October 2011
Regina, Canada
“Old-style”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I dropped in for a full breakfast at $6, which I would say is really good value. Uptown is an old-style cafe of which Moose Jaw used to have quite a few. It's a main street, local folks, down to earth food place. Nostalgic for me as I grew up in MJ.

Visited June 2012
“Cup of grease”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011 via mobile

Went to this restaurant based on other reviews. It may have changed hands based on reviewed menu items that were unavailable. Ordered the stir-fried beef and vegetable. It came glistening. We drained 1 cup of oil off the plate. Tried to eat some but it was too gross. Would never go back!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere