“Great Service from Amber” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Boston Pizza Main & Thatcher

Boston Pizza Main & Thatcher
1650 Main Street North, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan S6H 7K8, Canada (Formerly Boston Pizza)
306 6915455
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 87 Restaurants in Moose Jaw
Cuisines: American, European, Bar, Family Fare
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Cochrane, Canada
“Great Service from Amber”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The parking lot was very busy on Friday night around 6 o'clock. Salads are usually very good so decided to chance it. Very pleasantly surprised that there was no line up. Hostess was cheerful. The service was awesome. Our waitress, Amber, seemed to engage us in genuine conversation. Our pizza, decided against salad, was yummy. The small size would have been a little small for two if we had been hungry. The food arrived unbelievably fast. Well done Boston Pizza.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“So good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Great food, good service, such a variety of food that even picky eaters have lots of options. Great environment as well!

Visited July 2014
“Good Service, Tasty Food, Good Selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Peggy and I had dinner here this evening. I had the half rack of ribs and she the chicken quesadilla. My ribs were good, although a smaller portion than I am used to for a half-rack. Peggy enjoyed her dinner, which was large enough that she shared the last wedge with me. The place was fairly loud, but typical for a sports bar. Good service.

Visited June 2014
Timmins, Canada
“Good for a chain!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We dined here the other night because we had two toddlers in our party and it is just easier getting them fed at restaurants like this. I was quite happy with the meal, I had the shrimp tacos with spinach salad. Salad was great, tacos were good. Service was so-so, our waitress seemed pretty indifferent to our night, who knows maybe she was having a bad day. For me service makes the meal. As long as there are no problems with the food, I am looking for great service which seems to be a rarity in Canada these days. This is unfortunate because it speaks to a larger apathy that we see in our youth and society. Whoa.... Enough of the social studies class here, sorry. Good spot to grab meal!

Montreal, Canada
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I ate at Boston Pizza on Thatcher street because of a recommendation from a friend.
My other recent dining excursion in the area was Rock Creek Tap and Grill (previously reviewed), so this review will do some comparisons between these two restaurants.

The bar area at Rock Creek is upscale trendy and sleek
The bar area at Boston Pizza is cozy, with lot's of sports memorabilia, game machines and red lights which go off when there is a goal scored - fun.

The wait staff at Boston Pizza (for the night I visited) was friendlier and more engaging compared to Rock Creek.

Drinks - 9 oz glass of house wine at B.P. was $9 (compared to $13 at Rock Creek)
At B.P. there was a large billboard advertising nightly drink specials.

The menu at B.P. was more extensive, with many more lower priced options compared to Rock Creek.

Quality and taste of food.
I had a steak dinner with garlic bread, spaghetti with meat balls and a vegetable medley.
The steak was amazing. Perfectly done and juicy. This was the biggest surprise. Getting a steak house quality steak in an Italian restaurant.

Overall, Boston Pizza wins out over Rock Creek for:
+ Value for money
+ Atmosphere - very cozy and inviting
+ Friendly engaging staff

Rock Creek wins out over B.P. for:
+ More sleek trendy atmosphere (if you need to impress a date or a client)
+ More high end wines

I enjoyed the meals at both restaurants, but the meal at Boston Pizza was so tasty!!

• Visited May 2014