“Service in all parts of this hotel and dining room is a 5.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Temple Gardens Mineral Spa Resort

Save Saved
You added Temple Gardens Mineral Spa Resort to your Saves list
Temple Gardens Mineral Spa Resort
3.5 of 5 Spa   |   24 Fairford St. E., Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan S6H 0C7, Canada   |
Ranked #5 of 13 hotels in Moose Jaw
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
“Service in all parts of this hotel and dining room is a 5.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

We have been 3 times for a few days. The mineral spa indoor/outdoor pool is the best..I have ever been to. Rooms are overpriced, they have many bus tours there, who pay less/tip less BUT recieve (daily) free coupons for food and gambling at the casino.This is something management needs to improve on. Those of us who choose to drive several hours to the spa ( rather than go on a tour bus) and pay more for our rooms should be compensated by getting a few free meals in the hotel dining room where we eat because the food/service is excellent.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Victoria,BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

Temple Gardens puts Moose Jaw on the Map not only regionally but globally.This wonderful hotel and hotsprings resort is truly the warm heart of this very small historic town.
There was still a bit of snow on left when we arrived 2 weeks ago.The snow factor definately added to the overall ambience and pleasure of being able to experience the hotsprings with such amazing contrasts of heat and cold.The pools and facilities were exceptional.Pristine clean .The staff and management in particular, literally bent over backwards ,to make our stay worthy of superlatives.The rooms were very comfortable and spacious.The piped in mineral water for the room's private jacuzzi was divine!!
The restaurant has a new menu that was impressive in it's embrace of using local foods and flavours to highlight some of it's cuisine.They also had excellent vegetarian/vegan options that were beyond the usually dismal salad,stirfry or pasta offerings.This is an incredibly important component to seasoned foodie traveller's keen to expand their palate and also to remain on a healthy and fresh diet.This in itself provides a level of refreshing international and urban sophistication generally absent in restaurants in smaller communities and suprisingly in many major cities. These folks have really done their homework in striving to maintain a very wide market appeal.
I would not hesitate to return, but next time would take 3 days and two nights over 1 night two days.You need the time to absorb the healing powers of the waters and also to give your body a chance to sleep and recover from this deep relaxation.It has a powerful effect.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

The hotel is exactly what you expect and I have no complaints, the dining is exceptional. I return regularly just for dinners in the hotel. The hot springs however, are average and not worth the trip and the spa services are terribly over priced while offering a very average spa experience. If you're staying in Moose Jaw, stay here, but skip the spa and just pay the $10 to go in the pool. And if you're coming from far far away to visit the hot springs, hit Jasper or Banff instead.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
SK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

we had a wonderful time as usual and were given an upgrade to a suite which was unbelievable. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. Thank you very much see you in the fall.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Estevan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

We stayed here valentine's weekend & were able to check in to our luxury mineral jacuzzi suite 2 hours early. The suite was large but a bit dated. There was a separate shower/ toilet area, 2 person jacuzzi tub, good sized sink/vanity area. The bed was very comfortable with 4 large, fluffy pillows. Our aromatherapy massages at the spa were wonderful. We didn't use the pool at all - took full advantage of 'taking the waters' in our suite. We ate dinner at the restaurant lounge as we didn't have reservations and the restaurant was full. The food was good but not piping hot. The adjoining casino was ok for a bit of fun but definitely not the best casino in SK. The hotel was clean & the staff were friendly. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Saskatchewan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

Spent 2 nights at the spa and while the hotel is ok, it is a little overrated. To pay extra to park is a little much, especially when half the time you are unable to find a spot if you come back to the hotel later in the evening. The Sun Tree Spa is a real disapointment, it is very expensive and the pedicure that I had I could have done myself. Part of the treatment is to remove dry skin and callouses, but the technician said didn't seem to think that it was needed because I would be walking in sand as I was leaving for a holiday. Not only that, my treatment was done in the waiting area, behind some glass, which I might add you can see through, and people who are sitting on the one couch can actually see you completely. Not what I would call a relaxing atmosphere. For what is supposed to be a first class spa it went way below expectations. I don't usually complain, but we have going to this hotel regularly each year, for many years and I have had trouble with the spa itself before but wanted to give it another chance. I have been to the Sahara Spa in the past and would highly recomment it, as it is far superior to this spa and I for one will go an extrra couple of blocks to get a far better treatment. It's unfortunate, as Moose Jaw is a lovely city, with many interesting shops and attractions and it is always a treat to visit this city, but the spa is going downhill in my opinion.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

I have heard numerous reviews from people saying the spa at Temple Gardens was great and I should definitely go. Based on that some friends and I decided to check it out. I checked out the hotel online prior to leaving and the pictures looked good so I was anticipating a relaxing and enjoyable stay. When I arrived at the hotel the lobby looked alright so I continued to be positive. Walking down the hallways to the room was quite depressing as they were quite dirty and there were food trays lining the hallway floors. Again I continued to be positive because of the pictures I saw. Going into the room though was the biggest dissapointment. The room was very dated, and had hand prints all over the walls. The bathroom had only a pedastal sink, NO counter space at all so my girlfriend and I kept our toiletries on the shelf in the coat closet. I was reluctant to sleep on the bed considering the room looked dirty I could only imagine how often the sheets actually got washed. I continued to stay positive however since it was a trip my girlfriend and friends wanted to go on.
I had heard good things about the pool so I was looking forward to that and thought I would enjoy that at least. As it turns out the pool area again was quite dated, no surprise here and looked like a large public swimming pool, which is not a very relaxing atmosphere. I did enjoy the water though although some of the comments made by the elderly about being unable to control themselves (bladder) with the water temperature was a turn off. The thing I didn't understand is that there are signs all over the place stating that you should have drink a lot of water when taking to the pool. Well water at this hotel is next to impossible to come by. The cafe area next to the pool had absolutley no drinks available, other then coffee and tea and I finally got the girl to get some from the spa. The vending machines were out of water throughout our whole stay as well so we ended up going to the grocery store to buy our own. Paying $3 for a small bottle of water from the spa is ridiculous, considering its only $2 in the vending machines, which is probably why they don't stock it.
The spa treatment I got was good, although the masseuse felt the need to talk throughout my massage, which took away from the relaxation. I thought after my short answers she would get the hint but the questions kept coming. The facials that the girls got however were not good at all considering they were freezing in the room the whole time. My girlfriend does not like to complain so she didn't say anything until we were on our way home, had I know this earlier I would have contacted the manager at the spa. She had "goosebumps" throughout the entire facial due to the cold temperature in the room. I found out that her friend had the same experience and after reading other reviews I see they are not the only ones. For $150 facial this is not the kind of service that should be received.
The Casino was not enjoyable either unless you like slot machines. There was only one blackjack table with a $2 minimum but you had people playing two and three hands at a time so the table was full all night. There were no VLT's either which was surprising. I expected a much larger casino.
The highspeed Internet access was the slowest I have experienced at any hotel as well. I work in the IT industry so no my laptop was not the issue : ) I finally ended up using the connection provided by the SK government which was free as well.
Any trip is what you make of it so I had as much fun as could be had. I will definitely not be recommending this hotel to any family and friends and would not go back again. This hotel needs to put a lot of money into it to get it to where it wants to be. I read the answers from management on this site saying they are working at repairing it but I saw no signs of that anywhere.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Temple Gardens Mineral Spa Resort? Share your experiences!