“Wonderful retreat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa

You added Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa
3.5 of 5 Spa   |   24 Fairford St. E., Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan S6H 0C7, Canada (Formerly Temple Gardens Mineral Spa Resort)   |
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Moose Jaw
Calgary,Ab Canada
“Wonderful retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Arrived at 2:15 and they were able to get us in a room right away (check in normally 4pm)
Room464 was clean and a good size with a King Bed, TV, Nice cozy chair and ottoman and computer desk with free Wifi, coffee maker and real coffee cups, and real glasses with Ice bucket and a small 1/2 fridge to keep the wine and beer cold. Oher rooms on the 4th floor had balconies but ours did not.
We enjoyed the Mineral Pool both indoor and outdoor and temps were 91 inside and 100 outside. Good showers to clean off after enjoying. They provide nice cozy housecoats to walk down to the pools in.
We walked up Main street 7 blocks and had dinner at "The Mad Greek" I had chicken with spinach and feta and a side of spaghetti with meat sauce and my husband had the Mad greek Pizza and both were great.
Enjoyed our in room coffee in the a.m. and check not till 12 noon so if you like you can use the pools again. Had a light breakfast next to the pools. Yogurt and a nice cinnamon buns with juices, teas or coffee whatever your preference. They also offer sandwiches and panini's at reasonable prices.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Overall, we were very satisfied with our first visit to Temple Gardens. We were there when there was an electrical storm and we were very happy to find out the pool was closed because of it, even though we had not seen any lightning until after we saw the pool closed sign. There was also a power failure between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. and we witnessed the staff in our area working hard to ensure everyone had any assistance they required. We heard staff helping the person who was stuck in the elevator because of the power failure. One concern for me was that hotel guests were using cigarette lighters for light because the emergency lights were not working in the one stair well (we were on the Casino side of the hotel and I reported this to a staff member I saw) and the hallway was dark when walking down it. The stairwell at our end of the hallway had emergency lights working. Also, I closed my room door as people were walking past and realized from the gasp from them that they were using the daylight from my windows to walk down the dark hall so I opened the door quickly for them so they would not fall or trip.

Once the power was back on, the pool was up and running in record time (we were on our way to use the pool when the power went out) and the staff was very polite and explained how everything worked to get the pool up and running in a timely manner after a power failure.

When we arrived at the hotel desk to check-in, there was a customer waiting at the counter. I assumed she was waiting for the clerk to return to finish checking her in but I found out after waiting some time (we could hear talking from behind the wall) that she had not been waited on yet. We continued to wait for staff to come to check us in for what I thought was too long when we knew there was more than one worker back there--"the customer comes first". I have worked in customer service.

Once we were checked in, we were looking for something to eat but choose not to eat in the restaurant at the hotel. The clerk was very helpful in directing us to a restaurant/bar, Bobby's Place, located one block away that served excellent fish and chips.

The pool was very clean and I was happy with the yoga class. It was great that we were within walking distance to numerous restuarants, the Tunnels, the park (it is beautiful) and playground.

Our room rate was cheaper because we were able to get the stay one night, get the second night at half price rate.

I went to browse in the shop in the hotel and found a bathing suit which I purchased and I am satisfied with it (I was on the lookout for a new bathing suit but had not planned to buy that day).

Housekeeping staff were polite and did a great job.
We will return again.

Room Tip: We were satisfied our location on Casino side of the street with easy access to parkade ($5.00/nigh...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Woodstock, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

We drive out west every 3 or 4 years as we are both teachers in Ontario and love going out to the prairies, Alberta and BC. Last time out we stayed at Temple Gardens Mineral Spa and it was okay but there were some problems. We heard that things had improved so we tried again and we were so happy that we did. Our room was great - clean, comfortable and relaxing. The service was great right from the front desk to the restaurant and the pool. The food was excellent and the servers friendly and efficient. We loved the mineral pool and we even took in a couple of hours at the casino next door. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thompson, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Loved Moose Jaw clean friendly, there was a park next door with duck and flower beautiful!
Walked down the streets to check the shops and everything closed at 5:30pm. Mineral pool was great never too ful, and the resturaunt was great.
Thae spa was okay, I have a had better treatments, my husband enjoyed everything but the massage as did I.
I would go back for an all girls weekend for sure!

Winnipeg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Awful. Room smelled moldy. Chased out of pool due to lightening and then power failed the next morning leaving the hotel dark until checkout. What did I pay the high rate for???? No satisfaction from front desk.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Templegardens, Manager at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Dear Valued guest;

Thank you for passing on your comments regarding your vist with us. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Regarding the musty oder in your room, please at anytime that you are not satisfied with something contact the front desk immediately to see if we can rectify your concern. Unfortunately during the summer months we must evacuate the pool for our guests’ safety due to lightning storms.
Again I do apologize for any inconvenience caused to you and truly hope that will feel comfortable in stay with us again. Should you wish to reserve again, please contact me directly.

Saskatoon, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

My husband and I received a gift card for our wedding for the Resort and saved it to use on our 1 year anniversary. We decided to go for a jacuzzi room for the extra cost. The room was ok, it was clean but a weird set up and tiny shower. Our balcony was absolutely disgusting...I went to check out our "Garden View" and had pigeons fly off when i opened the patio door. There was bird excrement everywhere so we didn't set foot outside once...absolutely gross.
We were not told at check in that there is a continental breakfast, I found out after we checked out, not impressed as the meals are quite pricey. We ordered room service twice and both times did not recieve napkins, once no cutlery and no salt/pepper either time.
The mineral waters were fantastic, especially in the evening sitting outside. We were inside one time right by the lifegard who was so busy checking out girls he missed the little boy who jumped into the deep end without knowing it was the deep end and my husband had to help him up - he went right under and down deep. Parents should be watching their kids but so should the lifegards. The lifeguards were always sitting, never standing or walking around....so be careful with little children.
We had shopped one day at the Yvette Moore Gallery and an item was not put in our bag, the wonderful staff there knew we were staying at the hotel but the hotel would not give our room number to them or even call us to let us know they were looking for us. We drove all the way home not knowing we were missing an item. Thankfully when we realized something was missing the gallery was more then helpful and will be shipping our item to us.
The Passage to Fortune tunnel was great and our guide throught the tour was phenominal. We didn't have time to do the other tour.
I don't think we will stay at the Temple Gardens Resort again, might as well stay someplace more reasonable in cost and visit the waters.

As I said when i had booked in the reservation I had mentioned it was our 1st Anniversary and was thinking maybe something extra would be thrown into our room such as a fruit basket or bottle of wine....disappointed that not even a note was left.

Dear guest;

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your stay. I have brought up your points with the different department heads so we can correct these items for you and future guests.

Again, thank you and truly hope to serve you again soon.

Swift Current, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We just got back from staying at the spa. It was very disappointing. We went for our anniversary and reserved a jacuzzi suite. We got there to check in at ten minutes before 4, and I was told the room is not guaranteed until four, so come back then. At four, I went back and they said there were no jacuzzi suite rooms that were ready yet, but said if I sat near the desk they would come get me when a room became available as it should be soon. Nobody came to me, so at 4:30 I went to ask if they could just give me a time so I could leave and come back, then the man at the desk said oh, your room is ready, I just forgot to tell you (although he had been standing there looking at me sitting right by the desk). Went to go park and hauled our stuff to our room only to open the door and discover dirty dishes and an unmade bed. The room had not been cleaned. So I went back to the desk and they put us in another room. The second room was a jacuzzi suite as well but not as big as the first. The television in both rooms was extremely small- hard to see it from the jacuzzi, our second room was also not cleaned very well- on the floor there were pieces of licorice, and some hair ties, when I went to make coffee in the morning the pot was still dirty. There was also soap scum in the jacuzzi. Just a poor job cleaning overall. The room is also quite dated. Ordered breakfast in the morning for room service and the food was less than average- very dry and without taste. Overall, we got the room on a deal for half price. I feel that I was ripped off at half price, couldn't imagine paying full price.

Dear guest;

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your stay. I am sorry you did not enjoy your visit. Without knowing the specifics of who you are and the date you stayed I can not address directly with the individuals involved, but I have gone over your comments with front desk and house keeping. Should you wish to visit again, please contact me directly so I can arrange your reservation.

Again, thank you and truly hope to serve you again soon.

Ranald Rasmussen

Been to Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!