“It wouldn't take much for them to be better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Heritage Inn

You added Heritage Inn to your Saves list
Heritage Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1590 Main Street North, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan S6J 1L3, Canada   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Moose Jaw
Edmonton
“It wouldn't take much for them to be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

My bathroom hadn't been cleaned to my standards and the room was a bit musky though it looked great and the odour dissipated after a few minutes of having the window open. I love being able to open my hotel windows so that's a plus. The staff was very helpful and the location is super easy to find and the bed was great. I found the lobby a bit dark. I might not stay here on a romantic getaway but for one night it's fine. Free parking and internet are also pluses.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your past stay as we certainly appreciate any feedback from our customers.

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for the level of standards that were below your expectations, and certainly below our standards, in the housekeeping division. I have reviewed your comments and concerns with our Housekeeping department so that this type of situation does not happen in the future.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of the bed and the service of our helpful staff.

We are committed to consistently upgrading our hotel to ensure guest comfort and enjoyment and take very seriously all comments about the Heritage Inn.

Upon your next visit to Moose Jaw, please feel free to contact me directly and I will ensure your next stay will be in comfort.

Thank you again for taking the time to put forth your comments.

Yours Truly
Darlene Geib

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Winnipeg, Manitoba
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

I stayed here with a friend on our way back from Alberta. It was a great place to break up the drive. The price was reasonable and had a clean pool/hot tub area. It did get noisier in the late evening, but we were so tired after driving all day that we passed out immediately.

Our cable didn't work when we first arrived, but after talking to the front desk, they fixed it promptly.

We order Lunch-To-Go to eat after we did the Tunnels in Moose Jaw before we headed home. The sandwiches were great. A little pricey - $12.00 for a bag lunch, but cheaper than eating at a restaurant I suppose.

Really no complaints, but wouldn't stay here if I planned to spend a lot of time in the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Dear Christina1984,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your past stay with the Heritage Inn and we certainly appreciate your comments.
We strive to meet the needs of our guests and we are glad that your overall experience was positive.
We would like to apologize for the issue you encountered with your room cable. We are currently updating our modems from analog to digital and with this switchover, there have been some minor issues that are being addressed by the cable company. We are happy to hear the staff was able to assist you.
With regards to the noise level, we certainly do our utmost to ensure our guest's comfort and do have regular hallway checks from our staff.
Upon your next visit to Moose Jaw, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to ensure your next stay will be in comfort, whether for 1 night or many.

Darlene Geib - General Manager
Chilliwack
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I was in town for business and was booked there. My first night's room, (yes I had to move), was in the original part of the hotel. It was very musty smelling and felt claustrophobic due to the low ceiling in the entry way. I also had requested a frig and there wasn't one. The next night's room, while light and airy came with other occupants! BUGS! Some form of beetle that was not only in my room but in my bed as well! The front desk clerk was casual about this and said they spray 3-4 times a week! The third room was the same with bugs as well. The bathroom had paint peeling from the walls and ceiling. Since there was poor ventilation, after a shower, the room felt damp till the AC was put on. The pool area was drained and off limits; this during high summer temperatures.

Room Tip: The room's cleanliness was minimal. There was hair in the bathroom and dirt along the edges.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
HeritageInn_11, Marketing Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear disappointed113,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your past stay. We certainly appreciate feedback on our hotel.
I would like to apologize to you on the distress that was caused; we are always in the process of updating our guest rooms and public areas to ensure guest satisfaction.
With the direct problem of the water beetles, being that we are close to the golf courses, they seem to migrate to light. We certainly maintain this situation, along with other businesses and residential properties in the area.
It is a small time period that we are faced with this situation.
In regards to your direct concern with your request for a fridge not being fulfilled, I have spoken to front line staff explaining the importance of ensuring guests' needs are met.

Upon your next visit to Moose Jaw, please contact me directly and I will ensure that you are upgraded.

Once again, thank you for your comments

Sincerely

Darlene Geib – General Manager
Eriksdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Our major complaint was pricing but I suppose when there is demand, hotels can charge what they wish - this is a major reason why we travel stateside as rooms are half the price of Canadian hotels of similar quality. However, the one problem we ran into was a TV that would not work (modem problem). When mentioned at the desk, we received instructions on how to fix the problem. We shouldn't have to be the technicians for the hotel! Also, we had to call for a change of towels even though we had vacated the room for four hours when this should have been done.
To Heritage' credit, the very pleasant desk clerck refunde forty dollars for our inconvenience - which we appreciated.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear AIKEriksdale,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your past stay, we certainly appreciate your comments.
I would like to apologize for the issues you faced in your guest room. We are currently upgrading all of our modems from Analog to Digital which may have caused the modem issue in your room.
I certainly agree with you that it was not your responsibility to have to trouble shoot the problems you experienced.
In regards to the services of your towels, once again this certainly was on overlook on behalf of the hotel that will be addressed.

I am grateful to hear that the front desk agent took your concerns seriously and offered a discount.

Upon you next visit to Moose Jaw, feel free to contact me directly and I will ensure that your visit is problem free.

Sincerely

General Manager – Heritage Inn
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

THE ROOMS DO NOT LOOK LIKE THE WEBSITE.
We were there for the funeral of a 17 month old boy. The grieving parents wanted us to stay at this hotel because they are so lovely that they wanted to pay for it as part of healing for them...
To start when we reserved, we were quoted the wrong rate. When we asked about the different rate that we were signing for neither the front desk person we originally talked to, nor the manager could explain in a way that made sense why the rate was different. First it was said that each additional person was $10. So, 101 at 2 people plus 2 additional people would be $121, but we were charged $131 plus tax & fees of course. Then we asked to speak to the manager who didn't even want to get off of the computer to come out and speak to us. Once she was willing to grace us with her presence (yes that is how she made it seem) she said the additional people were $20 each after the 101... Well, that would be $141. We were fine with the charges if they made sense, because most hotels do this, but the math did not line up. They didn't quite get that and she was so rude to us. She is obviously in the wrong industry.
We were told that the additional charge was for the supplies placed in the room. The room was not set up for 4 people. NOT A THING was set up for more than 2 people. This was a reservation made for 4, it should have been set up - especially if that's the reason for the extra charges.
The headboard on one of the beds was hanging off of the wall. There was a mars bar wrapper sitting by the bed. The room smelled old and damp.
We were also not warned about the construction that started at 7am the next morning.
When we originally booked the room, we were just told to say that we were a part of the funeral. We thought we would be paying for our own room, which is why we were so quick to switch hotels to the Super 8 who were actually quite helpful and even showed us a room before completing our reservation. But, then we found out that our friends would be quite upset if we didn't let them pay. When my sister tried to explain this to the same manager, she was met with a horrible attitude yet again.
We would never stay at this hotel again unless we absolutely had to. It's a good thing for them Moose Jaw only has a few hotels.

Room Tip: If you don't mind a hike, once the construction is over, the rooms in the back on the golf cours...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
HeritageInn_11, Marketing Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Dear Brittany R,

First of all, the Heritage Inn management and staff would like to extend our deepest sympathies to your family for your loss. We regret to hear your disappointment with our hotel during this already difficult time. With regard to the incorrect rate given, you are correct, it should have been quoted as $141. That was a mistake on our part and rather than add the additional $10 to $131, we kept it the same. Upon the original reservations that were made, the rates were given on single and double occupancy.
I have spoken directly with all departments on your concerns to ensure this does not happen in the future.

We are sorry that you did not receive our normally high level of customer service. If you choose to give us another chance during your next visit to Moose Jaw, please contact me directly to book your stay so I can ensure your comfort and satisfaction. Thank you for your comments.

General Manager - Heritage Inn Moose Jaw
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011 via mobile

This hotel is very expensive for what you get: paint peeling off the walls, bathroom not stocked with enough of anything, restaurant not good (in fact I had someone come up to me in the restaurant and tell me what to stay away from as it had made them very sick), and finally digging up the parking lot directly outside our window before 7am and when I told the front desk all they said was "yup we know"...no offer of even a 10% discount for the bother. If you're going to Moose Jaw my suggestion is to stay anywhere else!!!

• Stayed July 2011
Dear Synchorswim,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your past stay. We certainly appreciate feedback on our hotel and services that we offer.
We are currently doing constant upgrades to our hotel, internally, as well on the exterior. We direct the staff to inform all guests of the construction areas and I apologize that you were not directly informed upon check in. We also apologize that you did not receive our normally high level of customer service upon check out.
In regard to the guest room that you stayed in, we have done a compete inspection of the room to bring it to the standards that it should be at.
I will certainly discuss the concerns you have addressed with Seasons Cafe. We take pride in the food and service in our restaurant and would like to continue to excel in these areas.

Upon your next visit to Moose Jaw, please contact me directly and I will ensure that you are upgraded to one of our newly renovated rooms, as well you will receive a discount on food services at Seasons Café.

Once again, thank you for your comments

Darlene Geib - General Manager, Heritage Inn Moose Jaw
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised when first entering my room at the Heritage. The furnishings have been updated and it was clean. The bathroom seemed a little run-down and appeared older, but was clean also. The cleaning and front desk staff were friendly and helpful. We ate in the lounge twice and were impressed with the variety and quality of food. The only negative I would mention is that the window in our room faced the indoor pool, and did not open. After a couple showers and the blow dryer going, our room could get pretty stuffy at times. The rooms that face the outside do open, and we would request one of those next time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
HeritageInn_11, Marketing Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Dear Teadro,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your stay. All comments are taken seriously and every effort is made to ensure each comment is dealt with accordingly. I will ensure that our staff are aware of the positive feedback. In regards to your comment about your guest room window, I welcome you to phone me directly the next time you are visiting Moose Jaw and I will personally ensure that you are placed in a room that suits your needs. Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again in the future!

General Manager - Heritage Inn Hotel and Convention Centre

Been to Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!