“wonderful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Deauville Motel

You added Le Deauville Motel to your Saves list
Le Deauville Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4691 boul. Gene-H.-Kruger, Trois-Rivieres, Quebec G9A 4N4, Canada   |
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Trois-Rivieres
USA
“wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We were traveling by bicycle and stopped in to ask directions to the nearest camping. There were no campsites nearby, and the friendly staff offered us a room at a discount price, as well as information we needed for our bike route and regarding local activities and nearby food options. I understand that most hotel staff share information about local resources, it was the helpful, friendly manner that made the difference. We found the rooms clean and comfortable, with a couch, fridge, microwave etc.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Cheticamp, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We got a two rooms motel unit with two queen beds. The rooms are clean and big.
There was a problem with WIFI internet access, but I got from the staff an internet cable.
The pricing was quite reasonable for such a unit - however that was the off-season rate.
The light breakfast was also ok - you can get a fresh coffee, eat muffins and toasts.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

I made a phone reservation through the Hotel's booking agent - Venere.com. I had reserved a room for two nights for a total of $ 151.00 plus taxes. I also received an e-mail confirmation from the agent. When we reached the hotel, the reception desk was unable to honour the rate the agent confirmed and said that Venere was told that they were giving wrong rates to travellers and that they could not allow the rate that I was quoted. She then called up her boss who said that she would have to increase the rate and if we accepted it we could stay, otherwise we might have to look for something else. I argued with the Front desk but agreed to pay the increased rate as it was around 10.00 p.m. and since we were ladies travelling I did not want to leave and look out for other accommodation.

If the Hotel does not honour the agent's rates, why do they use the Agent. I have sent an e-mail to the Agent asking for a refund of the difference and I am waiting to hear from them. While Le Deauville is a nice hotel, it is very frustrating to have been told this when we arrived. I am sure they would have known about the rate that I was offered much before we arrived, but had they told us this before, we would have changed hotels and made other reservations. They would have lost their business so they did not inform us about this earlier. Can you imagine a family reaching at part of the day and having to be told that we would need to pay extra or we could not stay. ABSOLUTELY UNPROFESSIONAL AND UNETHICAL OF THE HOTEL. They should have honoured Venere's rate and claimed the difference from Venere.

I hope Venere is made aware of this by the Hotel and that I would like the extra amount refunded to me.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Le Deauville Motel? Share your experiences!