“A taste of Belgium” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Sherbrooke, Canada
“A taste of Belgium”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This restaurent is my favourite restaurant in Sherbrooke. Their mussels and fries are better than anything I ever tasted in Belgium or the Netherlands. I always celebrate my birthday there, however this year Oct 1st is on a Monday and they are closed on Mondays!!!! I give this restaurant more than 5 stars for food, service, value and atmosphere. Be sure to reserve as they are always full.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sherbrooke, Canada
“Paid a lot to end up hungry”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I had the best fish soup of my life, but then I order a terrin it was a tiny slice, then I order some kidneys, I could hardly see them in the dish. I paid a fortune and ended up hungry. In the middle of that the owner came by and I told him that portions were small and I was not satisfy he just smiled and went away, good food, expensive and miserable sizes. I am not going back!

, Responsable relations clients at Restaurant Le Chou-Bruxelles, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Bonjour,

I am very suprised about this review. It is probably the first time we hear that a customer didn't eat enough. I think there had a missunderstanding. I don't know if you spoke french with the waiter or english because some waiter don't speak perfect english. May be the waiter didn't understand your insatisfaction. I would like you to know that the dining room manager and owner of the Chou de Bruxelles is a woman and accordind to your message, it seems to be a man who answered you.
We are very sorry about your experience and insatisfaction and want to apologize if we haven't been full field your expectactions.

Gabrielle Homans
Markham, Canada
“A must visit every time we're in Sherbrooke!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Every time we're in Sherbrooke to visit family, we must stop in at this wonderful restaurant to spoil ourselves! I highly doubt you will regret trying this place! We found it by dumb luck and couldn't believe how lucky we were! I always get the prix fix menu option as it offers the greatest value for a sampling of their menu. I have only tried their salmon carpaccio once and I still crave it! The pause digestive is always a pleasant treat and words can not describe the desserts! Go see for yourself!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Durham, Connecticut
“Moules frites!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Great place for mussels and fries with also a very diverse and mouth-watering menu, not overpriced; BYOB, very busy and we were there on a weeknight! Will definitely return. Loved the salad and the ris-de-veau - delicieux!

Visited March 2012
Sherbrooke
“MUST TRY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

This is one of the best restaurants in the city. You can bring your own wine and the food is amazing. The owners are Belgian and make wonderful "moules et frites". If you go to Sherbrooke, make sure to make a reservation and try this place