“Great food, Great Service, Great Price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L'entrecote Saint-Jean

L'entrecote Saint-Jean
1080, rue Saint-Jean, Quebec City, Quebec G1R 1S4, Canada (Downtown Quebec City)
(418) 694-0234
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great food, Great Service, Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

1st, this is not fine dining. It is very good food, very attentive wait staff and at a price that would be great outside of a busy, prime destination city. 3 of us from the USA stopped for dinner our last night in Quebec and all truly enjoyed our meals- a duck, a chicken and a salmon entree, salads, desert and wine. Nothing was served that wasn't well prepared, attractive and flavorful. It was very crowded, loud, but, not pub loud- we could still comfortably converse at the table and here the waiter. Our waiter, though very busy, was very attentive when at our table (know the menu well-both expanded the menu description and offered suggestions and was somehow able to notice when we had a need while he was attending to other diners. We liked the atmosehere for a relaxed dinner. All three of us agreed we wished we lived closer so that we could eat here regularly.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Winnipeg, Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We went to this restaurant as a group. The service was excellent the food was very good. My friend and I were not very hungry and shared a steak meal. They cooked each half of steak as we asked and gave a full side of vegetables to each of us. The waiter's name was Serge and he really deserves his tip. I would go back there anytime, mainly for the service. It was the best restaurant I ate in during my 6 days stay in Quebec in June 2013.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, Maryland
“Great Value for Money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We passed by L'entrecote Saint-Jean every day for four days, and each time, I commented on how cute the restaurant looked. Finally, we decided to have our last lunch in Quebec City at L'entrecote Saint-Jean.

From the outside, it looks like it may be a fine dining restaurant.
It is not a fine dining restaurant - it is a bistro.
And if you arrive with the right expectations, you won't be disappointed.

The lunch special menu mimics Café de Paris or Le Relais de Venise – L'Entrecôte restaurants: You are served a salad with walnuts and vinaigrette dressing, and steak frites with the Café de Paris sauce, and dessert.
However, unlike a Café de Paris or Le Relais de Venise – L'Entrecôte restaurant, this restaurant has a menu that includes other dishes and options.

For $18.95, I got a salad, a 5-ounce steak & fries, a dessert, and a glass of red wine!
The price is unbeatable!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Kensington, Maryland
“Service great...food...eh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

So the great thing was that the service was great considering that we walked in with our 2 year old son. So rate this so high because of the atmosphere and service.

We had an early dinner. So the dinning room was quiet. The Manager was super nice to us and our son. The waiter was genuinely nice and helpful.

Now the food is what we expected when we looked at the menu. Nothing stellar but portions seemed to be good for the price. My husband had the steak meal and thought it was good but not great. It came with soup and salad. I had the special of the night, scallops, veggies, and rice. I have to say that it was just OK as it was prepared in a citrus cream sauce.

Would I go again? Maybe... In the same circumstances as we were trying to find a kid friendly place that was not fast food.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Wow!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Every day we passed this restaurant and every time I looked at the menu and the photo of steak and fries which is the specialty of the house until we decided to go. The place was absolutely packed and we had no reservation so we had to wait about ten minutes until they had a table available for us, luckily we were seated facing one of its windows overlooking the street which made our dinner more enjoyable. The service was good despite the fact that the place was packed and in my opinion had little staff working. The steak comes in three different sizes and different prices of course but I must clarify that the price will include soup, salad, steak and fries, wine and dessert, so for the price of restaurants in Quebec, I think it was very good deal. The meat was cooked to perfection and brings a delicious sauce, and chocolate profiterones are exquisite.

Visited May 2013