“Original Food!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 1,171 Restaurants in Quebec City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Original Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

This cute little restaurant in la bas ville Is amazing in its ability to make every dish original. Whether it is French toast or stew or scrambled eggs it is a cornucopia of new flavours. All dishes are excellent. Great for lunch or brunch especially and if you like to share it is perfect.

Visited October 2013

Carlisle, PA
“Lovely little romatic restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The fall decorations added a nice touch to this quaint restaurant. As it was a warm autumn evening, we chose to sit outside on this patio. The menu had a good choice of items and rabbit was listed in several dishes. I had the Penne Pasta with arugula, feta goat cheese, cherry tomatoes and Kalamata olives for $18.95. I thought it was a small portion but it was good. I also had a small bottle of sparkling water with my meal which I believe was $2.95 . My husband had the Rabbit French cassoulet for $24.95 and he thought the rabbit was a little dry but still a good choice. You have to ask if you would like bread with your meal and I cannot remember if there was a charge. The bread was very good. We shared a bottle of wine which equaled about three glasses we were told by the server who spoke very good English. I believe the wine was $30.00. The total dinner with tax and tip was around $90.00. I do not remember there being a children's menu but so many of the restaurants in Old Quebec City are not geared toward children. I enjoyed a nice evening with my husband over dinner and to be perfectly honest, children would have ruined the ambience of this lovely little romantic restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Be sure to try the rabbit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I had lunch in the courtyard on a beautiful day. A street performer nearby entertained us amazingly well with traditional music. We shared a bowl of onion soup which was perfect.... Not too salty, with great cheese. We also shared the fois gras with brioche which was very good, and the rabbit with 2 mustard sauce. It was excellent, but we couldn't finish it.

Visited October 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Warm & Friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Lapin Saute was recommended to use by Clement (host @ Auberge J.A. Moisan B&B). So, my wife (Stacy) and I made this our first stop inside the walls of Quebec City. It is was full of tourists (as a cruise ship was in port) but the service was friendly and the food was great (we shared a cheese plate and meat plate with a bottle of wine). The prices were fair as this is in the heart of Quebec City.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“Uniquely French Quarter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We just wanted a simple lunch, sitting in the sunshine in the historic Petit-Champlain section on the cobblestones, and Lapin provided just that. We did not eat rabbit on this occasion. Nothing was too much trouble and the people-watching was perfect.
Modest price.