“Lovely Evening” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant La Cremaillere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 1,202 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: European, French, Italian, Winery
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Rue Desjardins
Transit: No Charge
Description: La Crémaillère fête ses 40 ans. Depuis 1971 le restaurant la Crémaillère a toujours été au centre de la gastronomie de Québec et un repas à La Crémaillère demeure un classique incontournable lors d’un passage dans la Vieille Capitale. Aujourd’hui la cuisine est confiée à Jacques Le Pluart. Figure importante de l’histoire gastronomique de Québec son style raffiné et authentique saura vous combler. Beppino Boezio le propriétaire n’as rien perdu de sa passion. Personnage haut en couleur et très connu a Québec, il vous accueillera avec classe et simplicité. Beppino a vu passer bien des personnalités. Il importe ses vins directement des producteurs et avec son associé Michel Antoine ils ont concocté une offre de vin unique et remarquable. Les expositions de peintres et les choix musicaux font qu’un moment à la Crémaillère sera une expérience culinaire et artistique qui enchantera vos cinq sens.
Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Canada
“Lovely Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We ate at this restaurant on a Saturday night in February. We fortunately made our reservation a week in advance from Montreal, which was a good thing as the restaurant was packed.
This is a high end restaurant ,but well worth it as the food is amazing. We had the prix fixe, I had the ris de veaux and they were mouthwatering. My partner had the veal and loved it.
The service was very attentive, even with a full house and we noticed a table with around 12 people.
I would highly recommend this restaurant. The wait staff leaned over to try and explain something in English if we didn't understand.
All around a lovely place and quite romantic. Although I will say on this particular night it was a bit loud.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Palm Springs, California
“Best steak tartare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The steak tartare I had at la Cremailliere in Quebec was the finest I have ever had, and having visited France several times every year for the last 25, I have eaten the dish many times, in many regions. Luigi's table-side preparation was traditional and a treat for the eyes, as well as, the taste. He reported that he was taught the preparation by his father who has run the restaurant for 40 years. The service was equally great. The wine list was good and the recommendation for the steak was perfect and affordable, a choice clearly made on best pairing, not price.
K from KY

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nova Scotia, Canada
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I went to this restaurant with a group of students during the Carnaval and was very happy with the experience.

I had wanted to give my students the authentic French meal experience and I was very happy with my choice.

The food was very good and the service was great too. I was incredibly impressed that the owners even came around to socialize with the group.

I understand that we are not the type of clientele that the restaurant caters to but we were treated incredibly well nonetheless.

Visited February 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Delicious 5 course menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Went with a colleague for dinner based on trip advisors recommendation near my hotel. The food was absolutely delicious. We both went with the prix cinq or 5 course menu. There was a lot of variety in what you could choose. I went with the chefs creation at first which was a pâté and salad, then i had a potatoes soup (amazing), followed by my main which was a bacon wrapped rabbit, and turnip, followed by a nougat ice cream desert and coffee. Really really good.

Service was great, and their wine list is extensive. Splitting a bottle of wine plus the 5 course dinner and 15% tip will bring you out at about $100. Well worth it if you want to splurge.

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
“Great food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was my second visit there at Chateau Frontenas and I was not disappointed. the food is absolutly incredible ans so is the service.

• Visited August 2012