“Great lunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cochon Dingue

Cochon Dingue
46 boul. Champlain, Quebec City, Quebec G1K 4H5, Canada (Downtown Quebec City)
418-692-2013
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 1,171 Restaurants in Quebec City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Nelson, Canada
“Great lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for a mid-day meal while on holidays in town and it was a great choice. Nice mix of food and great service. Fabulous chocolat chaud!

Visited January 2014

russell ontario
“Disappointed with service and food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We ate dinner here January 1. We were really looking forward to it as the reviews were very good, but - perhaps due to the holiday - we really felt the service and the food were sub-standard. We were first seated beside the service station, and it was very crowded for the four of us - especially with service staff crowded near our table. My daughter accidentally spilled her water (due to the cramped quarters and large menus) and our server looked at us and just ignored me as I went to the bar to get something to clean it up. No one offered any assistance whatsoever. We relocated to a different table (no one helped us - it was sopping wet!) and settled in to order. The waitress knew little about the menu, could offer us little advice, and when it was served the chicken was very small and disappointing, and the hamburger was bad enough that my 16-year-old son didn't finish it. The salads were fine. Fundamentally, we just felt as if no one cared...and for $130ish, someone should care. I would not return.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Great choice for breakfast in Quebec City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Went here for breakfast while in town... located in the Vieux Quebec this place serves delicious breakfast. I had the duck crepe (La delicieuse du terroire) with poached egg and cranberry French toast, as well as a freshly squeezed orange juice. All was delicious. Price was good/reasonable as well. A crappy breakfast at Eggspectations in Ottawa cost the same amount of money (around $15), whereas here the food was at Le Cochon Dingue is way better quality, so I have no problem with the price. Our server was very friendly as well. Overall will for sure return when I'm back in Quebec City.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
AZ
“Scrumptious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Everything was delicious and the "Fish Pot Pie" divine! A warm and inviting ambiance plus scrumptious food makes this an A + dining experience!

Visited December 2013
Owings Mills, Maryland
“Great Steak and Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I recently went to Cochon Dingue for dinner and it was a very nice experience. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the staff were very friendly and offered excellent service. The food itself was actually delicious.
My partner and I decided to order and share the kilo of mussels and fries for starters and they were actually quite delectable. I also ordered the tomato soup which was also very tasty. For the main course, I decided to have the steak and fries with the mushroom sauce. The steak was perfectly cooked and the sauce was very tasty. For dessert, I decided to order the crème brûlée which was also delicious.
Overall, the experience was a very enjoyable one, the prices were reasonable and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone touring the city because it will not disappoint you.

• Visited November 2013