A very modern, very well thought out design with a great deal of attention to detail. The room we had (#4) was spacious and comfortable. The shower is luxurious, the towels nice and thick (though bath sheets would be nicer) and the bathrobes were a nice plus. The bedding was top-notch. Some folks have complained about the noise in the past, but Claude has solved this problem by very aesthetically doubling the windows. The lighting in the room is romantic, but a bit low if you want to read a lot. Having a refrigerator in the room is a real advantage for a bottle of wine, cold drinks etc. There are only two drawers in the room so if you are traveling for a long time, you will have to live out of your suitcase, except for what you can hang in the closet.
Claude is a wealth of information about restaurants or anything else you might want to know about the area. The parking is convenient and reasonably priced for the area. The breakfast is excellent with a wide choice and lots of fresh fruits.
Make sure you look at the artwork in the auberge, all of which was commissioned by Claude from a local group of artisans.
The auberge is located in St-Roch, which is an area that is starting to become a very popular neighborhood. St-Joseph street, nearby, has several nice boutiques and a great toy store. More will surely arrive in the near future. There are also a number of restaurants (not touristy) on St-Joseph and nearby streets. Claude can recommend a number of others. It's a bit of a walk to the old town, but definitely doable for most people. Otherwise, you can take your car or the bus.
We definitely enjoyed our stay in this auberge even though we have always stayed in the old city before. I'm sure we will return for future visits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Auberge Le Vincent urban inn is a 4 Star Hotel where historic style and contemporary design are in perfect harmony. Located in the center town of Quebec City’s, Auberge Le Vincent is your gateway to the Old Capital. Here you will find easy access to all attractions and services. Old Quebec, museums, Parliament, train station, bus, are all just steps away from the inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hotel Le Vincent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Le Vincent Hotel Quebec City
- Auberge Le Vincent Quebec City
- Hotel Le Vincent Quebec/Quebec City