I stayed in this hotel in April 2013 and I would like to say that the other comments here are spot-on.
The service was extremely friendly and the staff was ready to assist with anything - from suggesting tourist attractions and walking routes to helping you with your luggage and taxi.
I stayed in room 6 located on the 3rd floor of the hotel. To address some of the issues that other writers have brought up:
-As a guy with average fitness, I did not find the hotel stairs to be a problem at all. There were perhaps ~25 steps in total from the bottom of the hotel to the top. No problem especially if the staff were around to assist you.
-The walk from the hotel to the old city gates is about 15 minutes. This was not a problem for me even though I walked everyday to attend a conference. The sights through this part of the city are also worth walking through and seeing.
-Room 6 in particular has a private bathroom, and might I add, one of the best shower experiences I have ever had in a hotel. The large over-head shower was amazing.
-The breakfast was made-to-order and also one of the best breakfasts I have ever had anywhere, and certainly the best ever in a hotel.
-Although the room was facing the streets, I didn't hear any street noise. The windows and shutters were well sound-proofed.
-The price at the time of booking was on-par with the other hotels in the area. In comparison with chain hotels (Marriott, Hilton etc), Auberge le Vincent offers a much better experience, in my opinion.
The level of attentiveness to detail were obvious during my stay. Overall my time in Quebec was extremely pleasant and I would definitely stay at Auberge le Vincent again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Auberge Le Vincent urban inn is a 4 Star Hotel where historic style and contemporary design are in perfect harmony. Located in the center town of Quebec City’s, Auberge Le Vincent is your gateway to the Old Capital. Here you will find easy access to all attractions and services. Old Quebec, museums, Parliament, train station, bus, are all just steps away from the inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Le Vincent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Le Vincent Hotel Quebec City
- Auberge Le Vincent Quebec City
- Hotel Le Vincent Quebec/Quebec City