we made a last minute decision to get away to Quebec City for a couple of nights; he planned to ski at Mont Ste Anne as I had been sidelined by an injury and was In a leg brace, we needed a spot that was close to all of the sites and could accommodate my limited mobility. We chose the auberge based upon other Tripadvisor reviews and we were very happy with our decision. The terrific service starred from our first contact with the hotel. when I called to book, I explained that I could walk but was using a cane; the attendant at the front desk (Diego) suggested room 5 on the second floor (it is ground floor out the back door of the hotel) and suggested that if I found the flight of stairs from the lobby level too challenging, he would change us to room 1 on the lobby level when we arrived.
We found ourselves running late after driving though a bad storm enroute to Quebec City; when we called, Diego assured us that he would wait for us to arrive as we would not make the 10pm late arrival time when the lobby would close. Diego greeted us at the door at 10:15 i the rain, showed us to the parking and helped us with our bags. We were able to enter our room from the back entrance with only 2 steps. The room was quite large, had 2 big windows, a nice king size bed and a lovely washroom with a v large shower with a the choice of a rain shower wad or a hand held shower head, which once again worked well for me.
I had been fearful of the stairs as reported by other reviews, they were indeed a bit steep, but carpeted and there was a railing on each side so I felt quite comfortable.
Breakfast in the lobby (included in the price of our room) was a great treat each morning; the first morning we had the eggs and on our second day we had the omelette. Each dish was accompanied by delicious home fries, homemade preserves and a lovely fruit plate. We also enjoyed the freshly brewed espresso/cappuccinos. The staff helped us cheerfully and efficiently with numerous requests including ice for my therapeutic ice packs,calls for taxis, and they helped with my luggage on the last day.
The room was indeed warm and sound proof as other reviewers have mentioned; there was a family with an infant staying on the same level as us but we never heard them. We noticed and appreciated the bed side reading lights and the v good wifi signal in our room.
A note regarding the location of the hotel: we thought that the hotel would be closer to old Quebec; it was indeed only a few minutes' walk to the elevator up to old city but due to my mobility issues I found that I relied on cabs. we would certainly recommend this charming auberge to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Auberge Le Vincent urban inn is a 4 Star Hotel where historic style and contemporary design are in perfect harmony. Located in the center town of Quebec City’s, Auberge Le Vincent is your gateway to the Old Capital. Here you will find easy access to all attractions and services. Old Quebec, museums, Parliament, train station, bus, are all just steps away from the inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Le Vincent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Le Vincent Hotel Quebec City
- Auberge Le Vincent Quebec City
- Hotel Le Vincent Quebec/Quebec City