This is one place you can tell your kids that things are free!
Free parking. Free coin laundry without the coin - that's right, free use of washer, dryer and soap. Free use of weight room, pool and splash pad, free towels included. Free use of lounge with fireplace, free computer on main floor, free coffee & tea with real milk and cream, free hot chocolate, cold water and juices: apple, orange and cranberrry - available 24 hours a day also free and the mugs and cups are free too. Free buffett breakfasts every day of the week and the variety is extensive: hot and cold cereals, several kinds of bread to toast, bagels and cream cheese, pancakes, waffles, eggs, yoghurt, pork and beans and large bowls of fresh fruit. Plus free apples to snack on 24 hours a day - these are in baskets at the front desk and in the lounge. Also no need to bring a laptop because there's a free computer in your room with Wi Fi. Nothing beats Le Dauphin Quebec.
Let me clarify the situation with travelling to downtown Quebec City from this hotel. Public transit is useless due to transfers you must take and the length of ride is too long. Taxi is fine if you are travelling downtown for specific reasons although not ideal as it can be expensive. A taxi ride from this hotel to downtown, with tip is $20. Renting a car is best and rentals are within a five minute walk from this hotel and you can get a mid sized vehicle for $89 for two days. You will want to use the rental car and travel 20 minutes outside the city to visit Valcartier Village for tubing and ensure you spend the day there with or without the kids, then visit the amazing Ice Hotel and take in a few hours shopping.
Overall Le Dauphin is business, couples, friends and family friendly; even the staff go beyond what is expected. Plus you can not beat the price. We stayed five nights during prime time Quebec Winter Carnival and paid $595 all inclusive with all the freebies. Our room was luxury and had queen size beds, not doubles which most hotels offer, plus our linens were the finest, plush and the luxury type of grand hotels. The beds are super comfortable, plenty of space, a large television and beautifully clean bathroom with a glassed in shower, and other amenities including a hair dryer.
This hotel belongs to the same chain as my review of Main Stay Suites in Winnipeg. See my review its basically the same, but the quality of extras for free at Le Dauphin can't be beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our newly renovated hotel is well located, 10 minutes from Old Quebec, from The Relais ski resort and 5 minutes from the Galerie de la Capitale shopping center, with many restaurants nearby... Our friendly staff is waiting for you... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel & Suites Le Dauphin Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel And Suites Le Dauphin Quebec
- Hotel Le Dauphin
- Hotel & Suites Le Dauphin Quebec Quebec City