“Yes, an excellent choice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Champlain Hotel

Save Saved
You added Le Champlain Hotel to your Saves list
Le Champlain Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   115 Rue Sainte-Anne, Quebec City, Quebec G1R 3X6, Canada   |
Special Deal
Save CAD20 on select meals
Ranked #15 of 103 Hotels in Quebec City
Birmingham, Alabama
“Yes, an excellent choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

First of all, YES, stay HERE. I traveled from USA for a Respiratory Conference, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND---** Le Hotel Champlain. **
Favorites: CLEAN, SAFE, Great Staff, FREE tasty BREAKFAST, FREE WIFI, Location to points of interest, the expresso machine in the lobby (free, push of a button, espresso, cappucino, hot chocolate, teas, etc)--mmmmmm so convenient.
Also (this is probably not so important) but the men who worked the desk were so handsome :)
The women were just as beautiful. Everyone was highly professional, helpful, informative.
My room had a fireplace and a great view of Parliament. The rooms were very quiet with blackout curtains.

Dislikes: I cannot think of anything---AT ALL

Room Tip: Rooms have blackout curtain, AC/Heat is more than adequate, my room had a fireplace. I booked online...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Alexandre B, Guest Relations Manager at Le Champlain Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Bonjour,

I want to thank you for your very dynamic review. It is truly appreciated.

I am very glad that you enjoyed our hotel. We strive to give quality, comfort, cleanliness and services. In the middle of the Old Quebec City, we have the perfect location to go everywhere by walk. The cappuccino machine is really great and we are always pleased to see how our guests like it. Our staffs work very hard to give the best service as they can and I am glad that you were satisfied of that.

I want to thank you again for your nice comments. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Alexander

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
New London, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

As often noted, the location is perfect to walk the old city, and the price is competitive for a very clean, comfortable , welcoming small hotel.The staff was spot on with restaurant recommendations. Although we tried to make parking reservations 3 weeks in advance in their small lot,no availability; we parked at the City Hall underground lot 3 blocks away for $15 @ day ( that's when we knew we were not in NYC!) and that worked out fine. Absolutely recommend this hotel for value and convenience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandre B, Guest Relations Manager at Le Champlain Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Good day,

Thank you for your nice review, it is truly appreciated.

We strive to give quality, comfort, cleanliness and services. Also, we do the maximum to give the best reasonable price to our guests. Our staffs are always pleased to welcome guests and assist them if they need information or recommendations.

As you mentioned, we have a small parking lot. The best is to reserve it in advance, but it can arrive for the more occupied days, that the parking is sold out weeks in advance. Fortunately, there are a lot of public parking around the hotel; which they have approximately the same price of us.

I want to thank you again for your very nice comments and it will be a great pleasure to welcome you back.

London ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband I stayed at this hotel from Tuesday Apr 9 until Saturday April 13. In fact I am writing this review on our train ride home! This is an excellent location to be in. Not far from anything. The room was clean and comfortable. We had room 57 on the top floor and we had a great view from our window. The staff are pleasant and very helpful. Speaking only English was only was not a problem. They were able to book a sightseeing tour for us, called a taxi anytime we need one. They were always interested in how our day had been! While in the city we did the following things that we would certainly recommend, ferry ride to Levis, get spectacular pics of the north shore.
While there we went to the pub Corsaire Microbrewery had been and did some sampling. We enjoyed a mouth-watering rib lunch at Memphis Authentic BBQ, where we also spent
time chatting with the owner. We toured around the lower city, rode the fernicular, did a two hour city tour. We spent a lovely evening at l'Astral revolving restaurant enjoying the sunset and the city coming to life at night. We dined at Casa Calzone. Had drinks at Salvitini (tres chic!) spent th afternoon during a snowstorm in the lounge at Chateau Frontenac! Trudged like children through the snowy streets and had the most romantic evening and dinner at Ah Parmesan, a must for sure!

The hotel was a welcoming an comfortable place to return to and I would not hesitate to suggest it for any length of stay!

Room Tip: Top floor backside
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandre B, Guest Relations Manager at Le Champlain Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Bonjour,

First, I want to thank you for the nice review you wrote and we hope that you have a nice trip back!

It is true; the Champlain hotel is really well located. In the heart of the old town, near of every attraction, our hotel is the perfect destination to visit Quebec. Also, a superior room is a great choice to have a beautiful view of the city.

Our staffs like to welcome guests and talk with them. We really like to see how people enjoyed our city and what they did during the day. As I can see, you did a lot of things! We like to know what people did and what they liked. Like that, we can have suggestions for other guests who want to visit the town.

Finally, I am very glad that you enjoyed your trip and our hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My son and I shared a room at this hotel in early April. The room had a queen and double pullout sofa. It was warm and roomy, tastefully decorated and cleaned daily. The hotel personnel were courteous and very helpful and quite supportive of my attempts to use my very rusty French.

It was near Rue St. Jean and the waterfront in Vieux Quebec--a perfect location. I highly recommend unless you are a traveler who prefers the chain hotel experience.

Also completely agree with the comments on the cute fish sink in the bathroom and the 24/7 cappuccino machine!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bonjour,

First, I want to thank you for your very nice comments, it is truly appreciated.

We strive to give quality, comfort and cleanliness. With your review, I feel that we did our job well. Our staffs are always pleased to welcome guests and they are always present if you need assistance.

As you mentioned, the hotel is really well located. Everything is near and you can walk everywhere without problem. It is sure that our hotel is not a chain hotel, but we give a personalized service, like this you have the impression to be at home.

Finally I want to thank you again for your wonderful review and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed 4 nights at the Hotel Champlain and was very impressed overall. The rooms were clean, spacious and very comfortable. The bed and pillows were perfectly firm. The hotel was right in the old Quebec City tourist area, so it was great for sight-seeing. There was free wi-fi and breakfast (although the dining room was often busy, and I couldn't wait since I had a conference to attend), and there was also free coffee (cappucino, lattes, etc) just off the lobby. I would definitely stay at the Hotel Champlain again if I were to visit Quebec City.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Alexandre B, Guest Relations Manager at Le Champlain Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Bonjour,

I want to thank you for your really nice review; it is really appreciated.

I am glad that you had a great stay with us. We strive to give comfort, quality and cleanliness. We do everything to make sure that our guests are comfortable; the rooms are big, they have a flat screen TV, DVD, pillow top mattress, free WI-Fi, free local calls and etc. Also, we have a complimentary coffee bar accessible in the lobby.

The Old Quebec City is really nice place to visit. Everything is near and you can walk everywhere. We are very lucky to be in the heart of the old town.
Finally, I want to thank you again for your nice comments. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Excellent location, friendly and helpful staff. The room was spacious with big windows and the bathroom newly refurbished. The best part must be the 24/7 cappuccino machine! The included breakfast is simple but good and daily home-baked goods make it special.

Bonjour,

I want to thank you for your nice comments.

The hotel Champlain is really well located as you were able to see. Everything is near and you can walk everywhere. Our staff is always pleased to welcome guests and to give assistance.

We strive to give the best experience to our guests. For us, the quality, the comfort and the cleanliness of the rooms are important values. Also, to make sure that you have a great experience with us, we offer complimentary coffee in the lobby. We are glad that you enjoyed it.

The breakfast is one of the things that it is hard to manage. We want that our guests can enjoy it and when we read reviews like yours, we feel that we did our job correctly.

Thank you again for your review, we are looking forward to welcoming you back for a next trip.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The lady at the front desk was charming and very helpful. The room was a good size and well decorated. Love the cute fish sink. Very acceptable , clean and centrally located in "Vieux Quebec". The price was also more than acceptable.

Bonjour,

Thank you very much for your nice review, it is appreciated.

Welcoming guests is more than a pleasure for us. We like to see new people and welcoming back people who stayed with us.

The style of our rooms is Retro with a touch of modernism and I am glad that you liked it. We strive to give comfort, quality and cleanliness. The Champlain hotel is really well located and near of the attractions. You can walk everywhere without problem. Also, even if we are in the Old Quebec City, we work very hard to give the best price value to our guests.

We want to thank you again for your nice review and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Alexander.

Been to Le Champlain Hotel? Share your experiences!