“Great Renovated Hotel in Old Quebec” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Champlain Hotel

You added Le Champlain Hotel to your Saves list
Le Champlain Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   115 Rue Sainte-Anne, Quebec City, Quebec G1R 3X6, Canada   |
Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #15 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Renovated Hotel in Old Quebec”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Hotel is in a quiet street within Old Quebec. Room was very comfortable, clean, nicely decorated, and had a nice firm bed. Modern designed bathroom faucet and basin but sort of clashed with the standard toilet and bathtub. Hotel has it's own parking lot (not many in Old Quebec do). Free Wi-Fi. Breakfast was so-so, but it's free. Rate was very reasonable (week before the Winter Carnival). Restaurants are a short walk away. Staff was helpful and friendly. It lacks a gym but I knew that when I booked it. It's a 3-star hotel but I think it should be 3.5 stars. Seldom do I rate hotels as Excellent in all respective aspects. I've stayed at other hotels within Old Quebec and this is a hotel I would definitely return to.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Alexandre B, Guest Relations Manager at Le Champlain Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Bonjour,

I want to thank you for your great review.

As you mentioned, Sainte-Anne Street is a really quiet street located in the heart of the Old Quebec. When you stay in our hotel, you are able to visit all the attractions by walk and sleep without any noise during the night. We strive to offer comfort, quality, cleanliness and service; I am glad that you were comfortable with us and you enjoyed your stay in our establishment.

As you wrote, we have a parking on site. It is important to remember that you have to reserve the parking in advance and there is an extra charge for it. You mentioned that you did not like too much the breakfast. For sure a continental breakfast is different than an American breakfast. We want to improve our service and you can feel free to contact us to suggest what we can change to be better. We are really open to constructive comments.

I want to thank you again for your nice comments and it will be a pleasure for us to welcome you back in our establishment.

Alexander.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Very cozy hotel. The room was very spacious and even had an electronic fireplace. Even though we were on the second floor, we still could see the roof of the Chateau Frontenac from our window.

I chose this hotel because of the location and because breakfast was included. The breakfast buffet was simple and delicious- just what I wanted. Choices included: bagels, toast, hard-boiled eggs, fruit salad, yogurt, cereal, waffles (on one morning), juice, tea and coffee.

It is located in the centre of old Quebec and is just a short walk to all you will want to see.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bonjour,

Thank you very much for your great review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

At the hotel Champlain we strive to offer cleanliness, comfort, quality and service. In general, our rooms are bigger than some in the Old Town, we offer free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, some rooms have fire place (Deluxe, Suite and Junior Suite) and free access to a coffee bar 24/7.

It was a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed the breakfast. We are working hard to make it good to everyone. The important for us, is that our guests can have a memorable stay.

Again, I want to thank you for your great comments; it will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Stony mountain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

2nd time at this hotel. It is right in the middle of old Quebec. Front desk people are great. Rooms are very nice, not your chain hotel type. Quiet rooms with a nice breakfast. Easy to walk around Old Quebec from here. I will stay there again if we return to Quebec City.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room for a view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonjour,

I want to thank you for your great comments.

I am glad to see that it was your second time in our hotel and I hope that it won’t be the last. We are always pleased to welcome back guest in our establishment and we are always there to assist you. We strive to make sure that you have a memorable stay with us. As you mentioned, we are well located: in the heart of the old town in a quiet street.

It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you back and thank you again for your great review.

Chicoutimi, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

At first i didnt know what to expect from the champlain hotel but,let me tell you that we had such a positive experience.we booked the junior suite (room 11) including a 2 places jacuzzi .entering the room i was so happy to see how everithing was disposed and eye attractive and finally so clean.we enjoyed our room so much that i cant wait to come back to this hotel.
the service was really good also and the employees very helpful so i highly recommend it if you want to have peace of mind and nice room .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonjour,

Thank you very much for your great review.

I am really glad to see how much you liked your experience with us. We strive to offer the best experience for our guest. The Junior Suite rooms are really perfect to relax completely. King bed, sitting area, fireplace and the Jacuzzi are all the perfect elements to be comfortable. Our staff team is always pleased to welcome guests and assist them.

I want to thank you again for your great comments. We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great breakfast which varied from day to day. Front desk staff were very helpful. Stayed in 2 different rooms - both in great condition and very clean. Convenient location to visit old Quebec as well as the "real city" outside the walls.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Bonjour,

Thank you very much for your great review.

At the hotel Champlain we strive to offer quality, comfort, cleanliness and service; I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in our establishment. We want that our guest can be comfortable and after a great night of sleeping, a good breakfast is a perfect match. We decided to offer the breakfast in a buffet way and also we have one or two hot meals that we change every day to give variety.

Our staff team is always ready to welcome guests and assist them. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back for a next trip.

Thank you again for your great comments.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Me and my husband stayed in this hotel for two nights in January, rooms are very cozy, staff was friendly and informative, breakfast was included and it was not bad, free WiFi which is apparently not always free in some hotels in Canada so that was a plus as well, and of course great location. Hotel located right in the Old Quebec, you don't have to take your car you can just explore on foot the Old City. Parking is not free, but considerable cheep compared to other hotels in Canada $18 a day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonjour,

I want to thank you for your great review. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

At the hotel Champlain, we want to offer comfort, quality, cleanliness and service. Our staff team is always pleased to welcome guests and they can assist you at any moment. For your comfort, we offer free Wi-Fi, free continental breakfast in a buffet way, free local calls and parking on site. As you mentioned, the parking is in extra charge ($16,52 + taxes) and we recommend strongly reserving in advance because there are limited places.

Again I want to thank you for your good comments. We are looking forward to welcome you back in our establishment.

Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for three nights, and it was a very enjoyable experience. As many people have noted, the hotel is located in Old Quebec, and we basically parked there and spent the next few days exploring on foot. It's pretty easy to get anywhere in the Old City on foot, so this was great.
The staff were extremely friendly, and answered any questions we had.
The coffee machine is, as others have noted, great. I recommend the mochachino, and the hot chocolate is also quite good. It broke down for a little bit on our second day, but they had it working again by the evening. They also have tea, and cookies set out in the evening, which is a nice touch. The room with the computer and coffee machine is very comfortable and warm, and it was nice to sit by the fireplace and read for a while during a snowstorm.
We stayed in a queen room, which was quite big and well furnished. My wife and I thought the bed was very comfortable, but if you don't like hard beds you should request the featherbed top. They should advertise this amenity more; we didn't see anything about it at the hotel. It was a little dark, but the furnishings go with the atmosphere of the place, and we thought it was nice.
We were on the third floor, and we had a partial view of the chateau, but if you want a good view of it you'll have to stay in nicer rooms on the upper levels.
The water pressure in the room is really nice; I haven't had pressure that good in a long time.
Breakfast was quite good; there is a reasonable selection with toast, bagels, juice, good coffee, ham pate, eggs and other basic foods. I thought it was a very good spread, especially compared to what is often served in continental breakfasts.
All in all, a very nice hotel, and I'd recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandre B, Guest Relations Manager at Le Champlain Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Bonjour,

I want to thank you for your great comments.

As you mentioned, the hotel Champlain is located in the heart of the Old Quebec; all the attractions are at less than 10 minutes walk. I am glad to see that you were able to visit the old town and let your car parked at the hotel. It is very important to know that we have only a few places available; we recommend strongly to reserve a place in advance. The charge for the parking is in extra; $16,52 plus taxes.

Our staff team is always pleased to welcome guests and assist them. We want that our guests can have a memorable stay. We are pleased to offer free access to the coffee bar 24/7 in the lobby. I agree with you, the Mokaccino is really great; in fact it is my favorite too. Sometimes it appends that the coffee maker needs some maintenance. We do all the best to fix it as soon as possible. This winter, during the holidays, we offered some cookies. It is a special attention to show how we are pleased to welcome people during that period of the year. For us, the important is that you can feel like at home.

We strive to offer quality, comfort, cleanliness and service. The rooms are bigger than some other hotels. For more convenience, we have free Wi-Fi, little fridge in the rooms and free local calls. If you want a room with a view, you have to reserve a superior room or a higher category. As we have all the kinds of rooms on every floor, we do not guarantee specific room number, floor or view. We just guarantee the kind of room that you reserved, but you can let us a note in your reservation to tell us your preference and we will try to honor it.

The breakfast is included with the room. Instead of offering a regular continental breakfast; we decided to make it in a buffet way. Also, we decided to add one or two different hot meals every day for more variety.

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I was very pleased to read your review; it will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Alexander

Been to Le Champlain Hotel? Share your experiences!