“Just what I needed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Auberge Aux Deux Lions

Save Saved
You added Auberge Aux Deux Lions to your Saves list
Auberge Aux Deux Lions
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Boulevard Rene-Levesque Est, Quebec City, Quebec G1R2A9, Canada   |
Ranked #5 of 102 hotels in Quebec City
stillwater, minnesota
“Just what I needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed here while attending back-to-back conferences and received the stay that I needed. In one of the first floor rooms, I was able to arrive late at night and immediately go to bed as advanced arrangements had been made to check in the next morning. The room was clean, the housekeeping great, and the bed was comfortable. The hotel was quiet all six nights I was there and the staff was very helpful. Though I did not partake in the breakfast the hotel I supplemented on my walk to the conferences with local options on the same road and the next main road to the south (where there are several dining options). Lastly, it was a 10 minute walk along level sidewalks to the historic areas, fyi.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

551 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Dartmouth, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed here and I really like it. The neighborhood is really quite nice and there is a great commercial strip a block away with lots of restaurants and small shops.

I've seen reviews for this hotel that complain about the distance to the old city, but really, it's less than 2km. If a 2km walk is a hardship then you probably don't want to visit the Old City anyway because you will have to walk everywhere when you get there; on cobble stones; uphill.

Anyway, I really like this hotel, and the owner is very friendly. There's a great breakfast spot next door that opens early.

One word of warning: if you drive a full size car or SUV you're going to hate the parking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The welcome at the front desk makes one feel good about the place immediately. Check-in includes a brief guide to the area and the local restaurants, with recommendations - and to find, the next day, the check-in gentleman eating in one of the places he had recommended certainly gave it a touch of authenticity. We had reserved a parking space, very necessary if you have a car, though we did find it a bit of a struggle getting our bags to the room - narrow stairs and old age!
Once we got there, though, the room was fine - not over-generous on space but adequate and there is a communal kitchen where you can get coffee, put wine/beer in the fridge etc. We didn't use the in-house breakfast, which is extra, but instead used the discount voucher provided in one place and another day at Le Cochon Dingue, just down the street - wonderful breakfast. Be prepared to queue a litle at weekends.
The hotel is about a 20 minute walk from the old town of Quebec, normally that would be no problem but it decided to rain on us twice while we were doing it - worth working out how the buses work!
The wi=fi is free and it works.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My colleague and I stayed at Auberge Aux Deux Lions for seven nights while attending a conference in Quebec City in October. We had a lovely room on the top floor with sloping ceilings, dormers, living room, kitchen. Clean. No elevator. Very warm and accommodating staff. Continental breakfast available at $8 per. Good location only a few blocks from Convention Centre and gates to Old City. Recommend!

Room Tip: All rooms are good. The top floor (attic) room sleeps 4 i believe...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
East Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

One of the best things about this hotel is the location. Close enough to walk comfortably to the Old Town but not in a touristy area so giving a good choice of restaurants at non touristy prices.
Our host was very friendly and gave us great information about the area and where we might go.
Our room was at street level but was still quiet enough for a good nights sleep. Everywhere was clean and although the bathroom was a little on the small side it was fine for us. The room had a stone wall and it felt quite romantic. I would suggest that if you stay in one of these rooms you consider that the floor was tiled and was very cold to walk on in bare or stockinged feet! This may not be the same throughout the hotel...I can't say.
Breakfast is available at the hotel but we chose to make our own arrangements. With hindsight I wish we had shopped at the local supermarket and made our own breakfast, taking advantage of the shared kitchenette, as some of our fellow guests did.
If I went back to Quebec City I would definitely book here again, but maybe bring my slippers!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

When our taxi arrived in front of Aux Deux Lions, Jean-Francois and his assistant in training (it was his first day) ran to our taxi with my registration info in hand, making sure I was Mary Kathleen. With a warm greeting they grabbed our suitcases, many, many suitcases since we were going on a cruise, and we felt totally welcomed to Quebec City. Jean-Francois did tease me about the amount of luggage and figured the one green carry-on was all that belonged to my husband. We were then very impress when he helped us plan out our visit, recommending restaurants, walking path to Old Town, shopping areas, and special deals, and even help us plan our trip to the Montmorency Falls for the price of a bus pass on the 800 bus. The room with a brick wall was charming and comfortable, with a balcony in the back, small eating area, refrigerator, the cleanest bathroom, and great free Internet access. The resturants he recommended were all amazing, neighborhood places, not tourist places. We spent two wonderful nights here before our cruise and I really wasn't really to leave. "Mary Kathleen and her Slave as Jean-Francois called us, found a little gem in this already charming city.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had a lovely stay at Auberge Aux Deux Lions. The staff were so friendly and welcoming. The hotel is a short walk to the old town. The fact that you are outside the old town is brilliant as you are closer to good, less touristy restaurants, the fine art museum and the park. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Auberge Aux Deux Lions? Share your experiences!