“What a treat” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Toronto
“What a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

What a find! We were there late morning so our viewpoint might differ from late night visitors. Friendly owners who were appreciative of our visit, food was yummy and certainly enough choices on their menu display for everyone. Very cute decor, tree stumps for chairs.

Visited August 2012

Elgin, Texas
“Grill Cheese and Onion Rings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

For around $7, I got a grilled cheese sandwich and some of the best onion rings ever. They were crispy and not greasy at all. Friendly staff.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
wellington, fl
“Amazing Poutine of My Dreams”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Ever since I saw an episode of Chuck Hughes (of Montreal restaurant fame) show on The Cooking Channel which featured his version of poutine, I have been curious about poutine.

We asked our hotel concierge where the best local poutine was and he just lit up...then told us about this place. Now, this may not be the poutine of your dreams but I found it amazing and could literally eat this every day for the rest of my (as a result of poutine) very short life.

Did some research before the trip, re: poutine, and learned that the fries must be crisp (they were), the white curds must have a snap (they did) and the brown gravy must not be too salty (it wasn't)...the gravy had a bit of a spicy hot bite to it and also had a sort of vinegar taste, which I found addictive. We had ours with beer, although I read some folks prefer pop (or soda as some call it).

I know the fries are not fresh-cut because while we were there a young guy unloaded 3 really large (as in, he had to use a dolly to wheel them in) bags of fries...who knows, maybe he was up all night peeling them fresh? However, the fries were fine, so who cares.

I had planned to go to a couple poutine palaces I heard were good...they both start with Chez...and, we rode by them a couple times; but, for some reason never went in. I'll stick with this place...too bad they don't have a FL branch!

• Visited August 2012