“Loved it!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maison du Fort

and 1 more site!
You added Maison du Fort to your Saves list
Maison du Fort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 ave Ste-Genevieve, Quebec City, Quebec G1R 4B1, Canada   |
Announcement
New website
Ranked #2 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
San Jose, California
“Loved it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

My partner found this property through a website in Canada. We loved staying here. Loved the house kitties, the owner is a wonderful lady and the location is fantastic.
Our room was small but perfect for what we wanted - a place to just rest and have a shower. The location is too perfect. Walking distance to everything. Alos, the park behind was perfect as we would walk through it and onto the plains of Abraham avoiding the old town tourist crowds when we wanted to. The hotel is surrounded by cafes, grocery stores, the Chateau, the river is right there too. I can't say enough about the location.
Alos, the morning coffee, juice and pasteries are a got start to a perfect day.
I have encluded some pictures. But if you have anyother questions jusrt email me.

• Liked — cats
  • Disliked — Would have liked a coffee maker in the room. Or an electric kettle in the room for tea.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2007

I have just returned from a week's holiday in Quebec City and stayed at the lovely Maison Du Fort. This hotel is very convenient for the sights and restaurants of Vieux Quebec. I was given a very warm welcome by Marielle and my room was very tastefully decorated. I would highly recommend this hotel and it is a must for all cat lovers!!

• Liked — Great Location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2007

The Maison du Fort was an excellent hotel. We found the hotel through the website and were entirely satisfied with our accomodations as seen on the site. Our hostess Marielle Roy was very accessible so we could ask her questions. She had travel brochures waiting for us when we arrived so we knew where exhibits and local sight seeing adventures were within our hotel location. The hotel was two blocks from the main square and the St. Lawrence River. Our room was beautiful and very relaxing after a full day of sight seeing.
Marielle had fresh pastries, fruit, coffee, tea and fruit juices waiting for us every morning. Her staff was very nice and kept our room fresh every day.
My husband and I would recommend this hotel as a great place to stay while in Quebec. We would definitely stay with Marielle again fi we are in Quebec.

Stayed June 2007
massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2007

My husband and I stayed for three nights at the hotel and we would have stayed longer if we could. It was splendid. What a treasure of a find. When we first saw the accomodations the room below must have heard my chin hit the floor. I have never stayed in such a great room. The decor, owner (hostess) and cats we a hit. The view we had from the third floor room 10 was undescribable. It was breath taking. The food in the morning was a delight and the cats we so well behaved you hardly noticed them. And to be truthful I have allergies to cats and I did not have a issue at all. It was even hard to leave. It sorta felt like visiting mom on a holiday from college. She stood at the door and watched us leave. I will miss her and I extend all of my thanks to her for such a lovely stay. I will always be happy with my memories. We are even talking of staying again during winter to go ski or snowmobile. To me just a clean room to sleep is inadequate. This was better to me than the castle hotel (which I can not remember the name of).

• Liked — view and decoration of the room
  • Disliked — that it ended so soon
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2007

Fabulous find in old town Quebec City. Charming accommodation, sophisticated but homey and very comfortable aesthetics, lovely hostess, well-appointed rooms, clean, clean, clean. Lovely home-baked treats in the morning. No breakfast, but coffee, tea, and pastries to take back up to your room. No on-site parking, but few B&Bs in QC offer this and local parking available meant no problem. This is a place we'll return to over & over. Watch out for Canadian taxes, though: whatever price is quoted, add another 20% or even more
with the tax bite.

• Stayed May 2007
U.S.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2007

Maison du Fort is a real "find!" We have stayed in B&B's worldwide, and Marielle and her charming and most comfortably rennovated B&B is true old Quebec City with the location and view to-die-for. Her "starter" breakfast of delicious muffins, pastries and her specialty homemade breads, coffee, tea and juice is most generous. Her two cats warm quickly to a loving touch and sweet-talk. We will return again and again and again!

• Liked — True to form old Quebec City and propietor-owned/run B&B.
  • Disliked — Cannot think of a thing.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
Carmel, Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2007

I recently stayed in Room 6 with two beds, lots of wonderful windows and light on the street. It was very comfortable and conveniently located. Marielle was very accomodating. She apologized for the construction which was being done in four or more rooms. Most of the furniture and work materials were in the hallway with dropcloths etc. The noise of the work was not a problem it was just unsightly and awkward to move around in the halls especially with luggage. She did apologize repeatedly but my feeling is that she knew well in advance that this would have been occuring and I should have been alerted or the rate should have reflected this minor but annoying inconvenience. I stayed in May 2007.... if you are going call to ensure the construction is done.

• Liked — Charm
  • Disliked — Construction
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Maison du Fort? Share your experiences!