We stayed with Mariele during a very cold snap in Quebec. Despite the incredibly cold weather we were warm and comfortable. Mariele is a fine host and very knowledgable about Quebec. She can make many suggestions about places to visit and is bilingual which is helpful for those with little French.
There are stairs - it's an older house.
There is also a lovely black cat who likes people. He's not pushy but he will join you at breakfast if you talk to him nicely. He doesn't come into the rooms so there is no cat fur or cat smell.
The place is very tidy and very clean.
We enjoyed our time there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps away from the Citadel, Chateau Frontenac, the Governor's Garden, the Dufferin Terrace, historical sites and the Convention Center, Maison du Fort offers the charm and elegance of its almost two centuries old home including modern comfort.This Georgian style house was built in 1851 by Charles Baillarge, architect. An ideal location for travelers interested in unforgettable attractions for the Old Quebec City. History lovers will appreciate our many museums and 19th century streets. Excellent restaurants in the area are available for all gourmet eaters; shoppers will enjoy nearby boutiques and galleries.European atmosphere and fine service await you at Maison du Fort... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Maison Du Fort Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec/Quebec City