My daughter and I just spent 3 nights at this great B&B/hotel. Perfect location inside the walls of Old Quebec City and walking distance to everything we wanted to do both inside and outside the walls. Marielle is a wonderful host and very helpful with recommendations and planning our days in Quebec City. Upon arrival we were told we could have a larger room for no additional cost as we were the only people staying at the hotel. The place is immaculately clean and she is sure to make the beds and provide fresh towels daily. The cost is up there at $200/night for not having a hot breakfast, but still worth the experience. We loved Quebec City so much we changed our return train ticket to an afternoon departure on our last day and Marielle was quick to allow us to keep our room until our train departed. Breakfast was muffins, biscuits, yogurt, coffee, and juice. Highly recommend this spot!
- Also Known As:
- Maison Du Fort Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Hotel
- Maison Du Fort Quebec/Quebec City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps away from the Citadel, Château Frontenac, the Governor's Garden, the Dufferin Terrace, historical sites and the Convention Center, Maison du Fort offers the charm and elegance of its almost two centuries old home including modern comfort.This Georgian style house was built in 1851 by Charles Baillargé, architect. An ideal location for travelers interested in unforgettable attractions for the Old Quebec City. History lovers will appreciate our many museums and 19th century streets. Excellent restaurants in the area are available for all gourmet eaters; shoppers will enjoy nearby boutiques and galleries.European atmosphere and fine service await you at Maison du Fort... ... more less