The proprietor, the B&B itself and the location couldn't have been more perfect! Saint Genevieve street is just minutes from the Chateau Frontenac, from the Citadelle and from the St. Lawrence River overlook, and is in a lovely neighborhood of old (1800's) buildings. Room was comfy and plush, and Marielle (owner) was welcoming and very helpful. Love this place and the kitty-inspired touches! Heidi K.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps away from the Citadel, Château Frontenac, the Governor's Garden, the Dufferin Terrace, historical sites and the Convention Center, Maison du Fort offers the charm and elegance of its almost two centuries old home including modern comfort.This Georgian style house was built in 1851 by Charles Baillargé, architect. An ideal location for travelers interested in unforgettable attractions for the Old Quebec City. History lovers will appreciate our many museums and 19th century streets. Excellent restaurants in the area are available for all gourmet eaters; shoppers will enjoy nearby boutiques and galleries.European atmosphere and fine service await you at Maison du Fort... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Maison Du Fort Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec/Quebec City