Great stay! Value for your money very high here. The hostess, Marielle knows QC very well. Outstanding advice through out the stay on where to go, what to do, where to eat, and how to get there. We had to drop one of our crew at the train station and she gave us explicit directions including avoiding a particular street that was closed for some event that morning. She really knows the city. Both restaurant recommendations were ideal (those reviews next!). A short two block walk and you are at the park next to the Chateau Frontenac and the walking esplanade above lower old town. An ideal location in the best part of the city.
Book early! We booked late and got the last two rooms (#4 and #8). They were small but fully adequate. The only reason I even mention it is because we peeked in some other rooms as they were being made-up. Wow! Some scrumptious rooms here. We will be back for sure and enjoy one of those. Our room was VERY quiet, no city noise at all when the windows were closed up.
She has cats. We saw them only when we went to ask her a question, only concern would be if you had an allergy, otherwise they are never seen.
Rolls and pastries served with coffee downstairs, more a snack than a continental breakfast. Go early as the best pastries are gone soon.
This is truly an outstanding place to stay to enjoy North America's most European city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps away from the Citadel, Château Frontenac, the Governor's Garden, the Dufferin Terrace, historical sites and the Convention Center, Maison du Fort offers the charm and elegance of its almost two centuries old home including modern comfort.This Georgian style house was built in 1851 by Charles Baillargé, architect. An ideal location for travelers interested in unforgettable attractions for the Old Quebec City. History lovers will appreciate our many museums and 19th century streets. Excellent restaurants in the area are available for all gourmet eaters; shoppers will enjoy nearby boutiques and galleries.European atmosphere and fine service await you at Maison du Fort... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Maison Du Fort Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec/Quebec City