“A great choice if you don't want toast!” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Free Wifi & Breakfast!
Ranked #15 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
Derry
“A great choice if you don't want toast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

We know this was a good choice after meeting a couple at breakfast the first morning. They had booked Auberge La Caravalle, and thought the place was awful. They spent their first morning in Quebec going from Inn to Inn checking out available rooms. They wound up at Le Clos and said it was the best. We agree, since this was our second time there. They have the cleanest, cutest rooms, and I loved it. They changed the breakfast from last year, and I don't like the change. They offer 3 choices for breakfast with NO SUBSTITUTIONS. You could have french toast, eggs and ham, or yogurt. I asked for yogurt and a pc of toast and was told I couldn't have toast with yogurt, it only comes with the eggs and ham. I offered to pay for the toast, but they relented and made me a piece. The next morning, I tried to get another pc of toast with my yogurt, and ran into the same problem. They did make me a pc of toast, but my husbands ham and eggs was short 1 pc. So I guess they got me. The next morning, my parents didn't want to go through the hassle, so my dad took us to the Frontenac for breakfast. It was elegant and EXTREMELY expensive. The buffet is $25 per person, and I would say that expensive when you have a free breakfast at your Bed & Breakfast, but that's how irritated my Dad was. I mean really, how much could a slice of toast set them back? Maybe there's a method to their madness, but I didn't see it. If you don't want toast, you're gonna absolutey love this place!!!!

Stayed June 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2007

My wife and I spent eight days in Quebec for our 30th anniversary. The highlight of the trip was four nights in Quebec City, staying at the Hotel Le Clos St-Louis. The number of positive responses from Trip Advisor readers made it an easy choice for us. Their website made it easy to select our room of choice (#4). We would definitely recommend this hotel to any of our friends: (1) The location is great, an easy walk to any of the primary attractions in both upper and lower towns; (2) the staff was oustanding, very friendly, doing a great job in making reservations as needed; (3) the reserved parking spot behind the hotel ($15 a night) was worth every penny!; (4) our room was attractive and clean, right next to a small shared office offering free internet access. Our special treat was a 60-minute horse carriage ride at sunset, arranged by the front desk, picking us up at the front door. Strong recommendations!

• Liked — Location and Staff
  • Disliked — Need good knees to carry luggage up to the rooms, but was no surprise
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2007

My husband and I recently travelled to the wonderfully romantic Quebec City for our anniversary. We stayed at the Hotel Le Clos St-Louis for 3 nights. The hotel was great! It was a quaint hotel, inside the fortress walls of Old Quebec. Great location - in walking distance of all the sights. Our room was large, and the bathroom quite modern (with a whirlpool tub). The service was excellent. Kudos to Paul, who had great food recommendations for us all around town. He even made reservations for us at a special restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. We had a great time all around. I would highly recommend!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Farmington Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2007

My husband visited Quebec City this past July in conjuction with Montreal. Quebec City is truly a romantic paradise. It is so incredibly charming a city. After much time on trip advisor, I picked the Hotel Le Clos St-Louis. I also hand picked my room via their website which shows pictures of each room. If you enjoy the luxuriousness of antiques and fine furninshings, this is quite a find. It is located just down the block from the Frontenac, so the location is quite central and convenient. We heard no noise from the street. It is quiet and understated but clearly loved and cared for by its owners. Breakfast is served in the lower level...nothing terrific, but it did the trick. The rooms are each individually decorated and have their own style and feeling. We loved ours and the "regalness" that it brought to our visit. I would hightly suggest this hotel for those that craze quiet elegance and romance. Please enjoy !!!!

Stayed July 2006
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2007

Nestled inside the old city wall we discovered the true charm of Quebec City. The Hotel le Clos Saint-Louis, an intimate 18 room town house which dates back to 1844, takes guests to a time when life moved a little slower and more delicately. Each room has been decorated meticulously by owner M. Ghyslaine Donais, from the lady like Isabelle Julia Racey (deluxe guest room #5) to the more masculine Gratia Leclerc (Deluxe guest room #7).
It is hard not to fall into the romance of this hotel. But even when surrounded by the lures of steamy baths and soft beds, one will appreciate the courtesy of wireless internet in the rooms (at no charge) and the television carefully hidden in the wardrobe.
Arrangement can be made through the hotel for bookings at the nearby Restaurant La Crémaillère. We found ourselves dizzy from luscious Merlot, duck in hidden beneath light layers of phyllo, and pork wrapped in sweet maple prosciutto. Celebrating their 35th anniversary as one of the most loved restaurants in the old city, this is a must dine. This is real Quebec fine dining, the menu is only in French, but have no fear as the impressive staff are fantastic guides for the evening.
If you are fortunate enough to find yourself destined to this magical city we would most definitely recommend a stay at the Hotel le Close Saint-Louis. As we are letting our friends know, Paris is just a bit closer then before.

• Liked — location, style of accomodations, friendliness of staff
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2007

My husband and I went to Quebec to celebrate my birthday. The hotel Le Clos St-Louis was our first night. There was a mix-up with our reservation - which was probably my fault, but the hotel was amazingly accommodating about it and gave us a beautiful, charming, quiet room for our visit. Everything about it was nice, the bed was so comfortable, the food excellent, and the location couldn't be beaten!!! There was also convenient parking in the back. We will certainly go back and have already recommended the hotel to some friends who are planning a Spring visit.

• Liked — The room was charming and comfortable.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2007

We had a lovely few days at Le Clos Saint-Louis as part of our honeymoon. It was the first hotel on our stay to make a special effort for us on our trip - providing rose petals on the bed and a mini bottle of sparking wine - so we were instantly impressed. Our room was beautiful and we appreciated the little touches like the staff putting our lights on in the evenings. The service was exceptionally friendly and we were made to feel very welcome. The only reason we haven't given an 'excellent' rating is the slightly idiosyncratic breakfasts, but overall, we were very happy with our stay here.

• Liked — The presentation of the room and the friendliness of the service
  • Disliked — The breakfast was not of quite such high quality as the rest of the package
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Le Clos St-Louis? Share your experiences!