“Service with a smile.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Royal William

You added Hotel Royal William to your Saves list
Hotel Royal William
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   360 Boulevard Charest Est, Quebec City, Quebec G1K 3H4, Canada   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #42 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
“Service with a smile.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The front desk people were the most helpful and answered all of my questions and gave wonderful suggestions to this first time visitor to Quebec City. The continental breakfast was delicious and your entire staff were friendly . Your hotel was my favorite one during the entire trip and I will chose the Royal William again. John S

Room Tip: Rooms are well insulated from noise, very comfortable bedding.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sophie S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Royal William, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your great review on Trip Advisor, it's really appreciated ! We are really pleased that we have been your favorite hotel during your vacation. We hope to see you again in your next stay in Quebec City ! Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staying at the Hotel Roayl William was a pleasant surprise. The overall impression was one of elegance and class. We were very surprised with the luxurious room and even though the room faced Boulevard Charest the noise was very minimal. The staff were accommodating and smiled at our attempt to converse en Francais. They quickly switched to English for us. The hotel is well-situated just minutes from Old Quebec and there are plenty of shops adn restaurants 'just around the corner' within walking distance.The only thing to note, for transparency, is that the 'free breakfast voucher' is really a $5 voucher towards the breakfasts that are availabile at the on-site restaurant. There were good options available.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I am delighted to see that you had an excellent stay with our hotel. The entire hôtel Royal William team will be thrilled to see such positive feedback.

Thank you very much and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Pulling into the Royal William, I thought I had chosen a Quebec City hotel with a poor location. Boy was I wrong. It's a longish uphill walk to old Quebec City, but just an around-the-corner walk to some great restaurants and bars. The hotel looks like it has been recently renovated. The lobby and rooms are very neat and clean. The beds were comfortable as well. Additionally, the front desk staff was very kind and more than willing to give us food recommendations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sophie S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Royal William, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
It is such a pleasure to hear you enjoyed the Hôtel Royal William accommodations. It is always our goal to make sure every service provided is personalize to meet all of our guests' expectations and to make sure every guests have a more than pleasant stay. I am happy to hear we were able to do so for you during you stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment on TripAdivor, we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Quebec City !
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

All of the front desk clerks we met were friendly and easily switched to English for us. The hotel was in a good location, about 15 minutes from Old City (most of it seemed uphill for those who may not want that much exercise on vacation). The rooms were clean, some items in the bathroom seemed outdated and the carpet a bit worn but the bed was firm and the linens were clean. There is a great continental breakfast option in the restaurant and I would stay here again since it was easy to find and parking was convenient. Air conditioner did not seem very efficient or effective

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sophie S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Royal William, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, it's really important for us. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. The comfort of our guests is a priority and be sure that your comments are noted seriously. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again !
Best regards.
Whitman, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

my wife and i made reservations to stay at this hotel for three nites in july 2013, while whlle we vistied quebec city and the old city . the holtel looked good on the internet, the price was good, we looked at at map on line and the hotel was ablut the same distance from the hilton hotel to the city. when we got there we noticed the we were in the lower city and it was a hike to get to the old city , there was a tall cliff between us and the city. we took our car after checking in to get our bearings of the city and confirmed to ourselves that this hotel wasn't the rite choice for what we wanted to do here. on the second morning , we checked out with the help of the front desk person, she was very help full and called the hilton hotel and made our reservations for us. the hiilton was much more expensive, but we were very pleased with our move when we got there, it was only a short walk to the front gate of the old city. the hotel royal william was a charming hotel, the rooms were good sized , they looked updated, the bed was good and there was good water preasure in the shower, very comfortable. the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Sophie S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Royal William, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your great review! It's a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and our rooms.
Our priority is to provide the best service for all our guest and we are so pleased that we were able to do this for you ! Thank you again !
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

First of all, me and my fried were really excited about this trip to Quebec City. Because of the Celine Dion show, we paid almost 300$ a night, which was totally overpriced. The room was great, but the service we had was the worst I've ever received in a hotel. We checked in on July 27th. The guy at check in didn't tell us anything about where the room was, the parking, and everything. He also told us that we booked for only 1 person, which wasn't true, and because of that, the price was 15$ higher. I told him that normally, hotel prices are based on single and double occupancy, and his only answer was that it was a business hotel. Secondly, we got stuck in front of the parking door. After 10 minutes waiting the door to open, we had to call the front desk asking what was happening. He just told us that he was going to open the door for us and didn't even apologize. As well, he didn't want to give us a receipt about our credit card authorization. I thought we had experienced a really bad service, but the check out was even worst. The lady didn't even ask us how we wanted to pay the night, she just told us that she was going to take the amount on our credit card authorization. She didn't propose us to see the bill before taking the payment. I told her I wanted to split the bill and pay the half by debit card. She was so rude and just told me "ok". Then I think she made a mistake in her system because it took about 15 minutes to check out. We received the bill and finally we saw that the whole amount was taken on the credit card. Again, she didn't explain us anything about getting out of the parking lot. She didn't ask us how was our stay, and even thank us. When we arrived to the parking lot, all the doors were locked. We had, again, to call the front desk and she answer the same rude way as her colleague telling us that she was going to open us the door. Honestly, I just finished a bachelor degree in hospitality management and I work in hotels since 5 years. I am now a front desk manager and trust me, if those 2 people were my employees, with the service they give to their client when they pay 300$ a night, I don't think they would work for me anymore. I guess the guest service isn't one of the Royal William priority. I will never go back to this hotel, and honestly this is sad, because the room and the hotel was clean and pretty.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sophie S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Royal William, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
First of all, I would like to thank you for your stay with us.
I want to mention that the following information does not excuse everything but are still considerable. The evening of July 27th, as you mentioned, was the busiest night of the summer in Quebec City. The employee who has registered you is a new one and he was in his second week of work, which probably explains the lack of information and forgetting at the garage door due to the large number of check-in in same time, because usually, this employee is really good in guest service. But, be sure that I will follow up. For the rate part, our rates are set according the number of guests in the room. About your check-out time, having noted several weaknesses of the employee who has responded to you, I just want to add that this person is no longer employed at our hotel, as the customer service is our priority.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience during your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Great stay and experience.
from cleanliness to restaurant to location, met our needs and expectations :-)
We would come back again. One thing is I don't know why this review has to be 200 characters long. Great on hotel but overdone on min review requirements.

• Stayed July 2013
Sophie S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Royal William, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you so much for this excellent review! It is wonderful to read when a guest writes that they look forward to returning to the Hotel Royal William on their next visit to Quebec City. I am so happy that you enjoyed the hotels accommodation, the team will be very grateful that you took the time to compliment their efforts. We hope to see you soon !

Been to Hotel Royal William? Share your experiences!