“History Unearthed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Auberge Saint-Antoine

Save Saved
You added Auberge Saint-Antoine to your Saves list
Auberge Saint-Antoine
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Saint-Antoine St, Quebec City, Quebec G1K 4C9, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 102 hotels in Quebec City
San Francisco, California
“History Unearthed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Ok, first let me say that my budget did not allow me to stay at Auberge Saint-Antoine. I came upon it by accident, exploring the Petit Champlain. I was drawn by the stone work and stone walls that showed from the front door and wandered into the hotel to find out more about it. The conceirge and woman at the bar took much time to tell me about the geography and history of where we were standing. Glass, leather and mlitary artifacts are beautifully displayed on the walls of the bar and also in a special room to the right of the restaurant. Just fascinating history. They have preserved the 17th (?) century stone walls which you can see through glass windows from inside the hotel. Just a brilliant presentation. It was obvious I wasn't a guest, and I so appreciated the staff's kindness and generosity allowing me to photograph and explore. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

964 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I often stay at Auberge St Antoine for business and I am always impressed by the level of customer service they offer to guests.
Hotel has a very cosy atmosphere starting with the fireplace in the lobby and in the restaurant.. and it continues with the heated floors in bathrooms in your super comfortable room.
Love the fact that they have Nespresso machines in every room - that way you can have a great cup of coffee in the morning before you leave.
Panache restaurant is top notch (although not cheap :).. if you can - treat yourself to the "Panache breakfast" - poached eggs with wild mushrooms and duck covered in Hollandaise sauce - AMAZING!! totally worth the $25 they charge you for this treat :)
Convenient location to Old Quebec City - you can walk anywhere in a few minutes.

During my last visit I lost a necklace somewhere in the hallway and I called the hotel 3 days later. They checked with housekeeping and confirmed it was found and then they mailed it to my home - that's what I would call going above and beyond for your guests.
Overall - great staff, great rooms, great atmosphere - strongly recommended!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
New Brunswick, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

we got a coupon from travelzoo for $100 off, otherwise this would have been too pricey for us. we stayed in a lux room, very nice!! very clean accommodations, exceptional service, the room was spacious, lovely bathroom. I loved the comfy easy chair and huge footstool instead of the usual motel chair available. we only stayed one night on our way through to Ontario, wish we could have stayed longer. very centrally located, old quebec shops and restaurants are within an easy walk. the valet service was very nice, no need to worry about finding a spot to park. we definitely would stay again if we got another deal on the price. regular price for our room was $269 but we got it for $169. beware of the heft quebec room tax, it was over $30 on our room. only one little complaint, no sleep timer on the tv, but such a small thing to complain about.

Room Tip: we were on the 3rd floor, no problems with noise whatsoever. this is a high quality hotel, id be sur...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

If you want to have a memorable and romantic stay in Quebec, then this is the place for you! From the beautiful furnishings in the lobby to the friendly staff to the amazing restaurant, you will never want to leave. Our room was beautiful and we loved the special amenities such as the Nespresso machine and tea pot. Each night our room was prepared with turn down service and fresh towels. The concierge is so helpful and enthusiastic. Be sure to ask for her help in planning your time there!

• Stayed November 2013
Teaneck, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed four nights and had a wonderful experience. This is a beautiful boutique hotel. Worth the indulgence The rooms was elegant, service exceptional and great ambience. The entire staff was exceptional but Special shout out to Charles an exception concierge who who made great recommendations on things to see and do , places to eat - he booked dinner reservations and planned itineraries for us - always with grace and patience catering to special needs.
The room was lovely - the heated bathroom floor, then espresso machine, coming back in the evening to a beautiful turndown service that created a wonderful ambience in the room - beautiful lighting, classical music playing, a note with the next days weather report, ice bucket filled, fresh bottle of water. And the room was so quiet! The restaurant and the cafe are both lovely. great places to sit in the evening by the fire.

Clemmons, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed one night (Oct 26-27, 2013) at Auberge Saint-Antoine. We arrived very early (9AM) due to our ship debarking early that morning. Even though check-in time was 4pm, Kim at the front desk was wonderful. She said our requested room was ready, and we were quickly shown to our beautiful, lovely waterfront view room. The room and hotel were both lovely with a modern, minimalist decor. Kudo's to Sarah, the hotel concierge, who did a wonderful job of confirming our return flights to the U.S.

The one big downfall was an ethical one by Emmanuelle at the Front Desk. We loved the room's shower robes, so I inquired if new ones were for sale by the hotel. They said they were for a price of $100. I said fine & was told they would be waiting for us at the front desk the next morning. The next morning my husband went to the front desk to pick them up so we could pack them in our luggage. Emanuelle gave my husband the robe folded and tied nicely. He told my husband that I should check and see if I liked the material since it was different than the ones in the room. So, I checked. I could see no difference in the material whatsoever, but they did seem a little "slightly used". Additionally, the tag on the robe's neck was cut off as were our room robes.
I called Emanuelle, apologized for my call and hoped he took no offense, but said the robe seemed used. I asked if it was new. He stammered and then said "No"; they didn't have any new ones. I said I would be returning the robe to the front desk.

When I returned the robe, I asked him why he didn't tell my husband they were used rather than saying "check the material". He said he "forgot" when speaking to my husband and remembered after he left. I asked why he didn't call our room after he "remembered" rather than my making a $100 purchase without full information. He apologized and said he would have let me know after I made my decision!

I think this is unethical behavior and reflects badly on the hotel and management. I would not stay there again for this reason

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
AubergeSaint-Antoine, Public Relations Manager at Auberge Saint-Antoine, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Harriet A,

We are very surprised about your comment. The employee mentioned is with us since a few years and he is a reliable person, who made the mistake in giving you incomplete information. Please note that we take your comment very seriously because we thrive for excellence for our guests and our image is very important to us. As a Relais & Chateaux hotel we have very high standards, therefore we do not sell used bathrobes, we never did and we never will. Neither will we or would we accept unethical behavior from the members of our team.
We are sorry to hear that the despite the service rendered and despite the fact that you found our hotel and your room wonderful, you do not consider to return to Auberge Saint-Antoine.
Sincerley,

Ingrid Lemm
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

In fact, it would top a LOT of lists. The management of this place have thought of just about everything to make your stay more pleasurable - no half measure is taken and, to be honest, the service and amenities are above and beyond above and beyond.

From the big things like the quality of the mattresses and shower (both unbelievable) down to laying out the TV guide and channel list on your bed for when you arrive, it's obviously run in such a way as to make you say "why can't every hotel do this/have that".

Now, it's not cheap. Nor is it prohibitive, what i would say is that, normally, I'd prefer to have the best room in a worse hotel than the worst room in the best hotel... but this has made me rethink - we booked the only available room (last minute) and it was still everything we needed and more.

The room was made up every time we left it (i've never seen a room made up twice in a day!).

The bar is decent, the mini bar fair (a nice touch - bucking the trend), the brunch in the restaurant was amazing.

We will 100% return.

Room Tip: don't worry about it - we were confined to the smallest/lowest cost room and it was incredible.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Auberge Saint-Antoine? Share your experiences!