“Great service, clean, comfortable, great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sepia

You added Hotel Sepia to your Saves list
Hotel Sepia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3135, chemin Saint-Louis, Quebec City, Quebec G1W 1R9, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #35 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Great service, clean, comfortable, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel is outside of downtown, not too far from the airport, but still a short drive to old quebec. It is modern, clean, comfortable, spacious, great bathroom and quiet. There are lots of restaurants and shopping nearby, and it is just off the main highway. For location it was perfect for us, as we didn't want to be in a noisy area and we had a rental car. What I really want to commend them on is the service we received. When I was there I went out in the morning to get breakfast and ended up getting a flat tire, and my husband wasn't with me, and didn't have his cell phone. I called the hotel number and the concierge went up to our room and got a hold of my husband(he had to know 4 times-he was in the shower) and then had him call me back on their phone so he could direct him to my location. I was very appreciative of their help that day. They also gave excellent advice about places to see and directions on how to get there. All in all a great hotel experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelsepia, Front Office Manager at Hotel Sepia, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Bonjour,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. What you are saying about our location is right; we are close from almost everything.
Regarding your little misadventure, I am glad that we were able to help you. The reception team responded well and I am happy to hear they did so. I will share your comments with them.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Kassandra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We found this hotel on priceline. We were looking for a hotel close to eastern quebec city. this hotel fit the bill since the price was right and the location was a match for what we were looking for. *note for those not familiar with Quebec city or tourists: this hotel is not close to the touristy must sees of Old Quebec. I think I read there is a shuttle to and from the hotel, but this cannot be convenient in my mind. Free parking (understood since it is outside the city), free local calls was a bonus. the hotel is a two story no elevator complex. We were happy with the large modern bathroom. some people would not like the fact there is not bathtub, but for the shower people out there, they would like the roomy rain shower. the rest of the room is also modern and updated removing the feeling of this complex as being a reno of an older strip hotel-motel. beds are extremely comfortable. in fact, I think it actually repaired my back problem iève been nursing for the past week. Small disappontment was the fact that the coffee and tea supplied in the room accompanyng the coffee maker is a chargable item. -- come on. this is abviously an unfair cash grab.

Warning: We arrived sharing our wing of the hotel with mid teens who were visiting town for a skate competition. the group was loud in common areas, which was handled quickly by management, thankfully. This hotel is probably a mecca for such groups due to the price point and location.

Room Tip: all rooms are the same. your choice of first or second floor without elevator
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelsepia, Front Office Manager at Hotel Sepia, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Bonjour,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed most of your stay. Regarding the groups lodging here, unfortunately you came on one of the rare week ends where we have such groups. Therefore, we always advise those groups to stay respectful.

I am really happy that you were satisfied of the bed, the bathroom and the Décor. We have put a lot of efforts to make the hotel looks the way it does today.

Regarding the coffee and teas in the room, I am really sorry of your disappointment. We chose to offer some good coffee in the room, which is Nespresso, and unlike the other hotels, we do not raise the rooms rate because we give that coffee. You have to pay it only when you take it. But, I will share your comment with the Direction.

Charottetown, PEI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I love this little Hotel. We have stayed here many time and I think it is time I wrote a review. The location is marvelous for anyone who has an eye on the shopping malls on Blvd Laurier, a stones through from here. Proximity to Chemin St Louis also makes it a breeze to get to " Le vieux Quebec". The Blvd Champlain will bring you directly to " la Basse Ville"avoiding the zillion of lights you would encounter on Blvd Rene Levesque.
The rooms are totally adequate, high thread count bedding, good shower.
The big plus IMHO is the Galopin restaurant within the Hotel. Make sure to make a reservation if you plan to eat here, it is a very popular spot. I also love the Forfait available which includes breakfast.
All in all, a great place to stay in Quebec City.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelsepia, Front Office Manager at Hotel Sepia, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Bonjour,

Thank you very much for your good comment. It is always a pleasure to know that our clients are satisfied. I am also glad to read that you choose our hotel when you come in Quebec City. You are right when you are saying that we are near three big shopping malls and we are just a fifteen-minute drive from Old Quebec. Thank you also to share your good tips about directions and the restaurant with everyone.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

While on business trip, I usually stay at the Alt Hotel, near Place Laurier. Since they have increased their price, I've decided to try another place.
Sépia Hotel is perfectly located, near all the major highways, and has free parking at the door.
From the outside, the place look like a depressing motel. The inside is... Wow! Rooms are nicely designed, with taste, and very modern. Bathroom and shower are perfect too. The dinner I had at their restaurant Le Galopin was fabulous.
But...
- No elevator for the second floor;
-No room service;
- breakfast at the restaurant was not up to it's reputation. Basic, no choice, industrial bread, micro-croissant dry as sand. For 11$, come on!
Over all, a good place for business but you can have a nice breakfast at your room at Alt Hotel.

Room Tip: First floor, since there are no elevator
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our rooms and the design. Regarding the breakfast, I will share your comments directly with the owner of the restaurant and some improvements will surely be done.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Stopped on way back from PEI to Toronto. Wanted to spend a day in old Quebec so we stayed 2 nights.
Had parking for our truck and trailer. Free shuttle to old Quebec
Totally renovated hotel. Beautiful and stylish. Comfortable bed. Hot shower. Minibar. We thought it was a welcome respite and made us feel like we were on vacation.
The lobby bar/restaurant serves breakfast buffet for $11. We didn't bother but the coffee there is really good.
The Maison is just across the street and it was fantastic pasta!
We loved the location as it was just off the bridge so we didn't have to deal with all the crazy traffic, we could walk to a few restaurants and it was an easy shuttle to old Quebec.
Would def stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013
hotelsepia, Senior Receptionist at Hotel Sepia, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Bonjour,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our hotel. It was a pleasure to have you staying with us. I am glad to read that you were fully satisfied of the room and services offered at the hotel.

dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were overnight and it was fine for us. There is not a lot of activity around although it is located near major highways. Our room faced the street and yet there was very little noise. The staff at check in was friendly and helpful directing us to local Metro Store and securing a taxi for our departure the next morning. The rooms are clean and comfortable with free wi-fi. They have a second floor but not an elevator

Room Tip: We were in room 104 and were not disappointed. AC noise is typical for wall units.
Bonjour,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad that you have enjoyed it. If you come back, you can also tell us your preference about the room, so you can have it again.

Regarding to welcome you again soon,

Sunset Beach, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

walking from rooms to dining room involved a lot of stairs and ups and downs or outside and it was raining when we were there. nice bathroom. great staff at the desk, especially! dining was also excellent!

Room Tip: did not use room service or spa.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
hotelsepia, Senior Receptionist at Hotel Sepia, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad to know that overall you liked your stay and our hotel.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Kind Regards,

Kassandra

Been to Hotel Sepia? Share your experiences!