My family and I stayed here for two nights and checked out on August 22, 2012.
The hotel rooms are definitely clean. Small bathrooms with a sliding door is clean. My only complain is that the bathroom didn't have a space to put your toilettries or anything else. Beds are comfy and clean.
So I would say overall, it's a great place to stay.
Here are two things I didn't like.
1. I feel they "nickle and dime" you. There is no free water (most hotel welcome their guest with a free water at least). There is no free coffee in your room. There is a coffee machine and some packets of coffee and teas but each cost $2.00. There are water and perrier but it will cost you $2.00, including the chips and snacks. Instead of free pad and a pen so you can writing some important information, they have a flier selling you their down and pillows (yup, if you like the beddings, you can buy it from them?). We booked a king and two queens, our one king room did not come with a box of cleanex but the two queens does. Go figure.
So the standard hotel little extra from hotel that can make your stay a little easier is not available or at cost.
2. I picked this hotel partly because it has an outdoor swimming pool for my daughter who really wanted to swim. Unfortunately, we checked in late and the pool was already closed (8pm). So I promised her we can take her swimming in the morning. They told us the pool will be open at 10am. So we waited - when the time came, we were told they were still cleaning the pool. We didn't want to waste the whole day waiting for the pool. So I promised my daughter that we will come back to the hotel after we tour the city so she can go swim. We came back at 5pm, thinking we had enough time to swim. We put on our bathing suit and headed to the pool only to be rudely told that there is a private party at the pool and now off limit to hotel quests.
We went to the front desk who told us that there were already several complaints about it, the private party booking was done last week (her word) but even she didn't know until that day. She advised us to contact the Hotel Manager Nathalie Cote. We tried the next morning but the explanation we got was "it was a last minute booking and we didn't have time to warn our guests".
This explanation is clearly an attempt to cover a lousy management attitude. Booking a private party and declaring the pool off limits to your other guest is rude at best, not to mention failing to warn your guest. But the attitude that I got when I complained is like "oh well".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sepia combines contemporary design with warmth and comfort. Our 4-star hotel is the ideal place to stay in Quebec City, whether you are travelling for business or pleasure, offering the highest standards of accommodation in Quebec, at affordable prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Sepia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sepia Hotel Sainte Foy
- Hotel Sepia Quebec/Quebec City