“AMAZING!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Manoir d'Auteuil

Save Saved
You added Le Manoir d'Auteuil to your Saves list
Le Manoir d'Auteuil
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49, rue d'Auteuil | Vieux-Québec, Quebec City, Quebec G1R4C2, Canada   |
Ranked #9 of 102 hotels in Quebec City
Davie, Florida
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The reviews promise a good stay, but the personalized service by Linda and her staff made our stay amazing! I was concerned the hotel having no elevator, but Linda personally carried our bags to our lovely room #33. The location is ideal, the newly completed business center perfect, and the freshly baked croissants yummy. We forgot our coats in the room at check out, and they were sent the next day to our hotel in Montreal. The personalized service was beyond what we experienced in our 4 hotel changes of our vacation. I would come back and stay here again! It was the best night's sleep I had in our 7 days of travel!

Room Tip: Room #33 is beautiful and even though it faces the street was extremely quiet!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you Shari for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us as well as your room. Even though facing the street side, the view rooms are fairly quiet, but it just depends on what is going on in town during your stay. It was a pleasure meeting you both, and I hope we get the chance to see you in our neck of the woods again some day. Have a great summer! Merci, Linda

391 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you visit Quebec City, this is the place to stay! I was impressed from the moment I arrived. Having disembarked a cruise ship, I arrived Saturday morning at 9:00am to a full house that morning. They happily held our luggage until we could check in. And since we had to leave at 5:00 am the next morning and had 7 suitcases (we don't pack light), they went so far as to move us down to the first floor to make it easier for us. Friendly and down-to-earth staff. Rooms are all vintage 1880 victorian with lots of room. Clean, comfortable and quiet, and just around the corner from great shops and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonjour, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I did not have the pleasure of meeting you, but I definitely met your 7 bags! (Don't worry, this is very common for cruise goers.....you have to be prepared for any weather, and formal occasions when on a cruise ship) I am glad we were able to accommodate you on a lower floor. That is not always possible last minute, but it worked out perfectly during your stay.

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I realize that time is not something we have a lot of, so I truly appreciate it. Thank you for supporting us, and for choosing to stay with us.

Merci, Linda
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel is just within the old town wall facing the park that parallels the city wall. You can walk to just about all the tourist sites including upper town, where the hotel is located, lower town, the art museum and the restaurants and boutiques near the government buildings outside the wall. The staff is helpful and friendly. They will gladly carry your bags up the stairs as there is no elevator. They offered good recommendations for area restaurants as well as directions to the local sights. The rooms are decorated in a vaguely art deco style. We were in one of the rooms in the newer wing. It was large and the bathroom was oversized with a large window. The decor wasn't exactly my taste, lots of gold with artwork that might have been purchased at Marshall's. But the bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning efficient and almost silent. For an expensive town, the room rate in the low 200's seemed fair. Be aware that 15% tax seems to be added on to everything in Quebec. This is not the most lavish place you can find, but it is very comfortable, the staff is accommodating and the location is great.

Room Tip: If you get a room in the back you will be looking at other buildings and an alley, but it is very qu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
By the way, I love your kitty on your profile picture.....what a cutie! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you enjoyed your visit to Quebec City. It is true that Quebec City is not inexpensive during the high season, but given the history and city center location, it is a pretty good deal compared to other cities that attract so many visitors. Sales taxes are pretty high throughout Canada, so anyone travelling should definitely plan the taxes into their budget.

If anyone is looking for a more lavish art deco experience, I highly recommend renting one of our vintage junior suites. All rooms have art deco accents throughout, but the junior suites are very elegant and worth the extra expense.

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. We really appreciate your support. Merci, Linda
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

A great hotel in a great location. Staff were so hospitable, friendly and extremely helpful.
Our room was on the top floor, a bit of a climb but didn't cause us any problems. Room was charming and very clean.
Breakfast was perfect.
Hotel is in a very good location and easy to walk to some good restaurants and sites in the city.
Linda was great in helping us to plan our journey for the next stage of our holiday. We took her advice and had a lovely drive from Quebec City to Boston.
Would highly recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Quebec City

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in one of our european rooms. We do try to warn everyone about the stairs, because we are a heritage property first built in 1835 and therefore do not have an elevator. Thank you for mentioning that we are always glad to help with the bags. My guess is that you took the river route I suggested. I am glad you had the time to do so, the views are really worthwhile. It was a pleasure meeting you both during your stay with us. You came a long way to visit from Oxford, so I hope you were able to see all you had hoped to see during your trip to North America. Take care, and have a pleasant trip home. Merci, Linda
Newton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

After reading mixed reviews, we were uncertain what to expect when we arrived but we liked the location and the old world appearance of the hotel on the TripAdvisor website and thought we would take a chance. We were not at all disappointed with our choice! The hotel was quite busy when we arrived and we were offered an upgrade from the classic king room we had reserved to a junior suite for what was presented to us as a reasonable additional amount. Although I was told the room rate was $60 per night more for the junior suite and they would upgrade me for half that rate because of a last minute cancellation, my paperwork showed the rate for this room to be $40 per night more so the offer really wasn't half the room rate, but I felt it was worth the extra amount and had no problem with it. I have to admit though that I was disappointed that there may have been some manipulation, but I blame this on the reception staff person who made us this offer and not the hotel. Our room exceeded all our expectations. It was very spacious and comfortable, and decorated with hand-painted ceilings and quite a few antiques. The front desk staff were always very friendly and accomodating and made for a very pleasing experience. We even met the owners who live on-site and we had a very nice conversation with them. I would highly recommend a stay in this hotel and if you want a more charming and luxurious experience stay in Room 8.

Room Tip: Stay in room 8 if you can manage the rate. The continental breakfast was just that - very limited o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Bonjour, and thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your room, the former room of Edith Piaf when she used to come to Quebec City. We have 5 junior suites, with 3 of them being historic and vintage art deco, such as yours. As a policy, we do offer last minute upgrades at a reasonable charge when one of our deluxe or junior suites opens up. They are exceptional rooms, and if anyone has the budget to spend a little extra, I highly recommend doing so. So yes, you did indeed get an excellent price on your room, even with the upgrade price. It does however, seem like there was a miscommunication at check-in. My apologies, but I do wish you would have said something at check out so that we could have addressed the discrepancy and discussed it with the reception. I will pass your review on to the staff, as it helps us to do our job better!

Again, thank you for taking the time to write the review, and I am delighted that we met your expectations during your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for your support! It was a real pleasure meeting you during your stay. Merci, Linda
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Very cute hotel located within the Walls of Old Quebec. Within a walking distance from great restaurants and beatifull scenery.
The service is amazing, Michel goes out of his way to make sure you feel like home.

Room Tip: Ask for the suite room on two (2) floors, won t go wrong with this one
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Bonjour, and thank you so much for sharing your experience at le Manoir d'Auteuil with the travel community. I did not personally get the chance to meet you, but I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Michel is a great member of our team, and I am so glad you had the chance to meet him during your stay. Your kind words will certainly put a smile on his face. Thank you for the encouragement and for your support!
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My son and I stayed in the hotel in mid June. I had read the reviews, but was still surprised by the amazing location, and the personal touch offered by this establishment. Our room was absolutely charming, and ready for us at 12:30pm, even though this was a few hours before we were supposed to check in.

We had forgotten our Iphone/Ipod charger, so the staff charged our devices every day without complaint. Also, my son asked if they had any playing cards one night. They could not find any, but put a new deck in our room the very next day.

I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to couples and families. It's perfectly situated, a beautiful property, and every single staff person I encountered was absolutely wonderful and helpful.

Thank you very much Linda and everyone else at Le Manoir d'Auteuil for an amazing experience!

Cynthia and Sam

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cynthia and Sam, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as the charm and character of the hotel. The chapel room was the former chapel of the manor when it was a single family residence back in the 1800's. I am glad we were able to find the playing cards during your stay, what a perfect activity for mom and son while traveling. Have a great summer, and again, many thanks for the kind words and for your support! Un gros merci, Linda

Been to Le Manoir d'Auteuil? Share your experiences!