The hotel is just within the old town wall facing the park that parallels the city wall. You can walk to just about all the tourist sites including upper town, where the hotel is located, lower town, the art museum and the restaurants and boutiques near the government buildings outside the wall. The staff is helpful and friendly. They will gladly carry your bags up the stairs as there is no elevator. They offered good recommendations for area restaurants as well as directions to the local sights. The rooms are decorated in a vaguely art deco style. We were in one of the rooms in the newer wing. It was large and the bathroom was oversized with a large window. The decor wasn't exactly my taste, lots of gold with artwork that might have been purchased at Marshall's. But the bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning efficient and almost silent. For an expensive town, the room rate in the low 200's seemed fair. Be aware that 15% tax seems to be added on to everything in Quebec. This is not the most lavish place you can find, but it is very comfortable, the staff is accommodating and the location is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the most referred small hotel in Old Quebec City. Our perfect location within the walls of old Quebec City promises you the convenience of walking within minutes to all the major attractions of the City. Come and enjoy our modern room's amenities in a European style. Our knowledgeable and bilingual staff will help you discover the major attractions as well as the nuances of old Quebec City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Le Manoir d'Auteuil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir d`Auteuil Hotel Quebec City
- Le Manoir D'Auteuil Quebec/Quebec City