“What a great find!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Manoir d'Auteuil

Save Saved
You added Le Manoir d'Auteuil to your Saves list
Le Manoir d'Auteuil
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49, rue d'Auteuil | Vieux-Québec, Quebec City, Quebec G1R4C2, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 102 hotels in Quebec City
Newton, NJ
“What a great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

After reading mixed reviews, we were uncertain what to expect when we arrived but we liked the location and the old world appearance of the hotel on the TripAdvisor website and thought we would take a chance. We were not at all disappointed with our choice! The hotel was quite busy when we arrived and we were offered an upgrade from the classic king room we had reserved to a junior suite for what was presented to us as a reasonable additional amount. Although I was told the room rate was $60 per night more for the junior suite and they would upgrade me for half that rate because of a last minute cancellation, my paperwork showed the rate for this room to be $40 per night more so the offer really wasn't half the room rate, but I felt it was worth the extra amount and had no problem with it. I have to admit though that I was disappointed that there may have been some manipulation, but I blame this on the reception staff person who made us this offer and not the hotel. Our room exceeded all our expectations. It was very spacious and comfortable, and decorated with hand-painted ceilings and quite a few antiques. The front desk staff were always very friendly and accomodating and made for a very pleasing experience. We even met the owners who live on-site and we had a very nice conversation with them. I would highly recommend a stay in this hotel and if you want a more charming and luxurious experience stay in Room 8.

Room Tip: Stay in room 8 if you can manage the rate. The continental breakfast was just that - very limited o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Bonjour, and thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your room, the former room of Edith Piaf when she used to come to Quebec City. We have 5 junior suites, with 3 of them being historic and vintage art deco, such as yours. As a policy, we do offer last minute upgrades at a reasonable charge when one of our deluxe or junior suites opens up. They are exceptional rooms, and if anyone has the budget to spend a little extra, I highly recommend doing so. So yes, you did indeed get an excellent price on your room, even with the upgrade price. It does however, seem like there was a miscommunication at check-in. My apologies, but I do wish you would have said something at check out so that we could have addressed the discrepancy and discussed it with the reception. I will pass your review on to the staff, as it helps us to do our job better!

Again, thank you for taking the time to write the review, and I am delighted that we met your expectations during your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for your support! It was a real pleasure meeting you during your stay. Merci, Linda

389 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Very cute hotel located within the Walls of Old Quebec. Within a walking distance from great restaurants and beatifull scenery.
The service is amazing, Michel goes out of his way to make sure you feel like home.

Room Tip: Ask for the suite room on two (2) floors, won t go wrong with this one
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Bonjour, and thank you so much for sharing your experience at le Manoir d'Auteuil with the travel community. I did not personally get the chance to meet you, but I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Michel is a great member of our team, and I am so glad you had the chance to meet him during your stay. Your kind words will certainly put a smile on his face. Thank you for the encouragement and for your support!
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My son and I stayed in the hotel in mid June. I had read the reviews, but was still surprised by the amazing location, and the personal touch offered by this establishment. Our room was absolutely charming, and ready for us at 12:30pm, even though this was a few hours before we were supposed to check in.

We had forgotten our Iphone/Ipod charger, so the staff charged our devices every day without complaint. Also, my son asked if they had any playing cards one night. They could not find any, but put a new deck in our room the very next day.

I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to couples and families. It's perfectly situated, a beautiful property, and every single staff person I encountered was absolutely wonderful and helpful.

Thank you very much Linda and everyone else at Le Manoir d'Auteuil for an amazing experience!

Cynthia and Sam

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cynthia and Sam, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as the charm and character of the hotel. The chapel room was the former chapel of the manor when it was a single family residence back in the 1800's. I am glad we were able to find the playing cards during your stay, what a perfect activity for mom and son while traveling. Have a great summer, and again, many thanks for the kind words and for your support! Un gros merci, Linda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Found this hotel through a promotion and what a gem. Little details set this place a part. From the minute we arrived the owners and staff made us feel at home and that we were their most important guests. They took their time to introduce themselves and help us find the perfect spots in the area to eat and enjoy exactly what we were looking for in Quebec. With many choices in the area it's nice to feel like our business matters to them. The room was absolutely incredible. The bed was superb. We will be coming back and bringing our friends. These people have the whole "hospitality" thing figured out.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Being a small business and independent property, we depend on word of mouth, so we truly appreciate it. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay, and that we met your expectations. Thank you for mentioning the beds. We use a high quality Simmons Beautyrest, which is the mattress used in many of the high end hotels chains. Have a great summer, and I hope we will have the chance to serve you again! Merci, Linda
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stumbled across this hotel through a promotion they were having and that was a good thing. The hotel was just within the walled section of Old Quebec. We were tired when we got there but instantly became energized by the warm welcome we received. Our room was beautiful - I actually took pictures.

Our two day getaway was part business part pleasure but the experience of Quebec City (one of my favorite places) was just perfect. We had breakfast at the hotel and again, that was a good thing! The croissants were the best I've had in years. I just can't say enough great things about this hotel - but I should add that the staff were so welcoming and friendly that we felt right at home.

Room Tip: I think I would enjoy any room in this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I am glad you had the chance to discover us! I am not sure which room you were in, but I am delighted that you found it so beautiful. We just recently expanded and remodelled, and although each room is different, the art deco decor is consistent in each room reflecting the historical character of this historic property. Our rooms range from very small to exceptionally spacious, and a spacious room is a rare find in a heritage property in Old Quebec.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Because we are so small, we depend on word of mouth from clients like you. I will also pass on your positive comments to the staff. We all truly enjoy our jobs and meeting new people, but when someone like yourself recognizes them, it really makes their day! Un gros merci, and I wish you all more happy travels ahead! Linda
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Beautiful property. Centrally located to walking around "old Quebec" city. Staff very friendly, included light breakfast which was plenty to start the day. We stayed as a couple for 4 nights and would not hesitate to book this property if we are ever in Quebec again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate it! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your expectations. We are located just up the street from all the action, but are in residential area of the Old City, so it is quieter. For the quietest rooms, reserving a room on the back side would be best, but if you don't mind the sounds that come with life in a city, the views on the front side are quite fabulous. Again, our sincerest appreciation for taking the time to write a review, and thank you for the support! Un gros merci, Linda.
Lafayette, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the hotel in early May for two nights. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was lovely and the location was perfect for walking around the historic portions of the city. The room was comfortable and quiet. Parking was convenient but located in garage a short walk from the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Bonjour, First, I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am so glad that we met your expectations. Being a small heritage property located in the heart of Old Quebec, we truly depend on word of mouth for publicityl It is truly appreciated. You picked the perfect city to visit with your daughter, a true historical gem of a city that is very safe for two women travelling. Again, thank you for your kind words and support. Un gros merci! Linda

Been to Le Manoir d'Auteuil? Share your experiences!