“Un petit bijou dans le vieux quebec” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Manoir d'Auteuil

Save Saved
You added Le Manoir d'Auteuil to your Saves list
Le Manoir d'Auteuil
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49, rue d'Auteuil | Vieux-Québec, Quebec City, Quebec G1R4C2, Canada   |
Ranked #10 of 102 hotels in Quebec City
Montreal, Canada
“Un petit bijou dans le vieux quebec”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Very cute hotel located within the Walls of Old Quebec. Within a walking distance from great restaurants and beatifull scenery.
The service is amazing, Michel goes out of his way to make sure you feel like home.

Room Tip: Ask for the suite room on two (2) floors, won t go wrong with this one
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Bonjour, and thank you so much for sharing your experience at le Manoir d'Auteuil with the travel community. I did not personally get the chance to meet you, but I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Michel is a great member of our team, and I am so glad you had the chance to meet him during your stay. Your kind words will certainly put a smile on his face. Thank you for the encouragement and for your support!

403 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My son and I stayed in the hotel in mid June. I had read the reviews, but was still surprised by the amazing location, and the personal touch offered by this establishment. Our room was absolutely charming, and ready for us at 12:30pm, even though this was a few hours before we were supposed to check in.

We had forgotten our Iphone/Ipod charger, so the staff charged our devices every day without complaint. Also, my son asked if they had any playing cards one night. They could not find any, but put a new deck in our room the very next day.

I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to couples and families. It's perfectly situated, a beautiful property, and every single staff person I encountered was absolutely wonderful and helpful.

Thank you very much Linda and everyone else at Le Manoir d'Auteuil for an amazing experience!

Cynthia and Sam

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cynthia and Sam, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as the charm and character of the hotel. The chapel room was the former chapel of the manor when it was a single family residence back in the 1800's. I am glad we were able to find the playing cards during your stay, what a perfect activity for mom and son while traveling. Have a great summer, and again, many thanks for the kind words and for your support! Un gros merci, Linda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Found this hotel through a promotion and what a gem. Little details set this place a part. From the minute we arrived the owners and staff made us feel at home and that we were their most important guests. They took their time to introduce themselves and help us find the perfect spots in the area to eat and enjoy exactly what we were looking for in Quebec. With many choices in the area it's nice to feel like our business matters to them. The room was absolutely incredible. The bed was superb. We will be coming back and bringing our friends. These people have the whole "hospitality" thing figured out.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Being a small business and independent property, we depend on word of mouth, so we truly appreciate it. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay, and that we met your expectations. Thank you for mentioning the beds. We use a high quality Simmons Beautyrest, which is the mattress used in many of the high end hotels chains. Have a great summer, and I hope we will have the chance to serve you again! Merci, Linda
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stumbled across this hotel through a promotion they were having and that was a good thing. The hotel was just within the walled section of Old Quebec. We were tired when we got there but instantly became energized by the warm welcome we received. Our room was beautiful - I actually took pictures.

Our two day getaway was part business part pleasure but the experience of Quebec City (one of my favorite places) was just perfect. We had breakfast at the hotel and again, that was a good thing! The croissants were the best I've had in years. I just can't say enough great things about this hotel - but I should add that the staff were so welcoming and friendly that we felt right at home.

Room Tip: I think I would enjoy any room in this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I am glad you had the chance to discover us! I am not sure which room you were in, but I am delighted that you found it so beautiful. We just recently expanded and remodelled, and although each room is different, the art deco decor is consistent in each room reflecting the historical character of this historic property. Our rooms range from very small to exceptionally spacious, and a spacious room is a rare find in a heritage property in Old Quebec.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Because we are so small, we depend on word of mouth from clients like you. I will also pass on your positive comments to the staff. We all truly enjoy our jobs and meeting new people, but when someone like yourself recognizes them, it really makes their day! Un gros merci, and I wish you all more happy travels ahead! Linda
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Beautiful property. Centrally located to walking around "old Quebec" city. Staff very friendly, included light breakfast which was plenty to start the day. We stayed as a couple for 4 nights and would not hesitate to book this property if we are ever in Quebec again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate it! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your expectations. We are located just up the street from all the action, but are in residential area of the Old City, so it is quieter. For the quietest rooms, reserving a room on the back side would be best, but if you don't mind the sounds that come with life in a city, the views on the front side are quite fabulous. Again, our sincerest appreciation for taking the time to write a review, and thank you for the support! Un gros merci, Linda.
Lafayette, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the hotel in early May for two nights. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was lovely and the location was perfect for walking around the historic portions of the city. The room was comfortable and quiet. Parking was convenient but located in garage a short walk from the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Bonjour, First, I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am so glad that we met your expectations. Being a small heritage property located in the heart of Old Quebec, we truly depend on word of mouth for publicityl It is truly appreciated. You picked the perfect city to visit with your daughter, a true historical gem of a city that is very safe for two women travelling. Again, thank you for your kind words and support. Un gros merci! Linda
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel was a little gem, old and quaint. It is close to where you want to be, but not noisy. There is a short steep hill if you have a problem walking. We booked last minute and the only room we could get for the Saturday was the economy room which didn't look that great on the photo, but we went for it anyway. The room was really nice, yes it was small but how much room do you need. We could have moved to a bigger room for the next night but decided to stay put. Nice comfortable bed we had a really nice stay. The staff were really helpful and always had a smile for you. The continental breakfast in the morning is good value or money. Parking was around the back for an additional fee.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. The economy room is our smallest and least expensive room, and we only offer it through the tourism bureau or by telephone. We want the opportunity to explain in detail the size of the room. This room is definitely not for everyone, but if you are going for something on the affordable side, and really just looking for a place to sleep, our little room is a perfect choice for your stay. For clients looking more for space and luxury, I recommend one of our deluxe king rooms, or historic junior suites. Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review and to share your experience with the travel community. I will pass your kind words along to the staff, as it will make their day! Your support and encouragement is truly appreciated. Merci!

Been to Le Manoir d'Auteuil? Share your experiences!