“Old world charm, quiet, clean, close to everything” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Manoir d'Auteuil

Save Saved
You added Le Manoir d'Auteuil to your Saves list
Le Manoir d'Auteuil
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49, rue d'Auteuil | Vieux-Québec, Quebec City, Quebec G1R4C2, Canada   |
Ranked #9 of 102 hotels in Quebec City
Lima, Peru
“Old world charm, quiet, clean, close to everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Excellent service and beautiful rooms. Close walk to everything. Reasonable prices for excellent quality. The staff (especially Michelle) was courteous, helpful, nice, and prompt. Stayed with my wife and it was a great romantic weekend. The hotel has essentially the best location in that it is set aside from all the hustle but within 100 meters from great restaurants, shopping, etc.

Room Tip: Room 32 was nice. It overlooked the garden and was clean. Shower and bathroom were clean and kempt.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us, and the park views from your room. Room 32 is one of our smaller classic queen rooms, but it is also one of my favorites, as the view is fabulous, especially at night. I will pass your kind words along to Michel and the cleaning team. Everyone works very hard to keep things spotless, and your comments will make their day. Thanks again, and I am delighted you were able to escape to Quebec City for a romantic getaway!

390 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Nashua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My family went to the Winter Carnival in Quebec recently and stayed at Le Manoir d'Auteuil upon the recommendation of a friend. The hotel is run by a great couple who are devoted to the comfort of their guests. We were a good sized group and the staff was very attentive to our every need, always willing to stop and chat for a moment or answer our many questions.

From the outside the hotel reminded me of a Boston brownstone and was located two blocks from the carnival. Once inside, the building seemed so much larger than its outside appearance. The hotel has been recently renovated and there are rooms to fit every taste and budget. We saw many of the rooms during our stay and were delighted that they were all different, much like a B&B, with a common art deco theme running throughout, and all beautifully and tastefully appointed. My husband and I stayed in one of the economy European rooms on the fourth floor and found it to be very comfortable, right down to the new mattress and cushy pillows. I don't really like staying in hotels, but felt right at home here because it was so clean and the staff was so friendly. (Incidentally, the photos of the rooms on the website really didn't do them justice.)

Now, for the best part. Each morning I awoke to the smell of homemade croissants wafting up to my room all the way on the fourth floor! In all honesty, it is the one thing I miss most about our three-night stay! "Ou est les croissants?" I was heard saying when we got home. :-) A continental breakfast was included and was served in the cute breakfast area downstairs, but offered more than the typical continental breakfast--freshly baked quiches, boiled eggs, fresh fruit, and plain and chocolate croissants were among the traditional offerings. Everything was fresh and tasty and we were happy to be so well fortified for our busy days.

The hotel just opened up a new bar and we were lucky enough to be there for the grand opening. Dan and Linda treated the guests to a lovely cheese platter and some fine wines. We truly enjoyed their company and their hospitality.

The only downside to our stay was that the hotel, in an attempt to remain authentic, had no elevator and we really had to plan our trips so that we wouldn't forget anything and have to make another jaunt up the stairs. The good news is that we both needed the exercise and welcomed the opportunity to work off those croissants.

We had such a wonderful time at Le Manoir d'Auteuil and will definitely stay there when we return to Quebec. How can you beat staying at a hotel with reasonable prices that makes you feel like you're home?

Room Tip: Let the staff know what your personal needs are when making reservations. There are so many differe...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Hey, Bonjour Lisa.....des croissants sont ici au Manoir d'Auteuil! Thank you for the great review along with all of the details about your stay. Your suggestions are wonderful and will help guide travellers in planning their Quebec City vacation. I remember your group very well, and let me say it was a pleasure meeting you all. You all reserved the bed and breakfast package, so the breakfast was included, but we do offer a room only rate as well for those who prefer to venture out into the city for breakfast. We have been working on the new breakfast menu as well as the bar menu, and hope to have it all fully operational for May. (For the moment we are only serving beer and wine in the bar.) The homemade quiche I served (I am so glad you liked it!) was a sample of one of the options that will be on the daily menu starting in May, as well as some light fare throughout the day and evening. Still a work in progress.....but we are getting there, and thanks so much for choosing to stay with us. Again, many thanks for the review. I understand just how much of your time it takes, and we truly appreciate it. Happy travels ahead!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Our second visit back and just as wonderful! Daniel and the staff here are attentive and very helpful. We got some great recommendations for dinners and sites. Recommendations included The Hobbit, Graffiti and Anciens Canadiens. All within walking distance. We had a little trouble getting the heat to work and Daniel was great helping out. Live their new bar area and the new rooms are stunning (Daniel gave us a tour). Will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2013
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for coming to see us again! I am glad that you and Daniel had the chance to tour the hotel and see all of the renovations. It has been a long and exciting project, and it is so rewarding when clients enjoy the changes as much as we do! My sincerest appreciation for taking the time to write a review. We do receive many clients looking to share a romantic getaway with us, and I am so glad you chose the Omer Marchand Suite for your romantic stay. I hope I get the chance to meet you again when you both come back, and not just Daniel! Take care, and again, thank you for the review!
Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Manoir d'Auteuil last weekend. It was very clean. The staff was extremely friendly, layed back and helpful. And, the location was perfect! A complimentary breakfast was offered each morning that included delicious food and coffee. The men and women at the front desk helped us to get around and recommended great restaurants that we enjoyed so much. Off street parking is available at a low cost and the hotel itself is very affordable. If/when we ever go back to Quebec, we'll most likely be staying at the Manoir d'Aquteuil!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at the Manoir d'Auteuil. I realize that time is something we all have little of, so the fact that you took the time to share your travel experience with the travel community is greatly appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed the charm of this historic property. We recently remodelled, so although the property dates to 1835, everything is fresh and we have really strived to stay true to the historical integrity of the building. I will share your kind words about the service and cleanliness with the team, they will be thrilled that we met your expectations. Thank you again, and we wish you many happy travels to Quebec City in the years to come.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Le Manoir d'Auteuil was the perfect little place for us to get away too. We stayed 2 nights in the manoir and enjoyed every moment of our visit. The location is in a very convenient spot, tucked away between the main streets and still a stones throw away from the Old City Port that separates the Old City from the Modern city, I can't say enough about the location, only that it is the best located hotel in the entire Quebec City! The room we received upon our arrival was more then I expected. Personally, I've always had a bit of a love for 1930's french charm, so the room was absolutely unique with it's high ceiling, tall windows and a beautiful bathroom located on a 2nd floor. The staff were all very helpful and very polite, they made me feel very comfortable and secure, they also made me feel at home. The continental breakfast was perfect, I don't eat a huge breakfast so this suited me. The coffee was amazing and trust me I'm a huge morning coffee buff.
My experience at the manoir was without a doubt perfect and unforgettable. The price is very reasonable and I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Quebec City on a romantic excursion.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so glad you enjoyed the "Old World Charm" of this historic property. We love the art deco that was incorporated in the 1930's after a fire. The building itself dates to 1835, and is typical of the Old Quebec City architecture you find within the walls. Thank you for taking the time to share your travel experiences and I will certainly share your kind comments with my team. They will make everyone's day!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Beautiful place in the perfect location. Decided last minute to switch rooms to the Omar Marchand Executive suite...and it perfect. I couldnt ask for a better room. The only downside is knowing the next time I travel I wont be able to stay in as nice a place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Wow, thank you so much for the great review. The Omer Marchand suite is the former library of the historic residence, exceptionally spacious and vintage chic. I am delighted you liked it as much as we do. This room is considerably more expensive than our standard rooms, but twice the size and well worth it for a special occasion. Again thank you for the review, and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Just returned from 3-night stay at this hotel. In my opinion, the rating should be even higher than quoted. I've traveled extensively over the years and usually stay in boutique hotels. In my opinion, this was one of the best. To start, the inviting, cheerful personality of the owner, Linda, made me feel very welcome. She spent a good amount of time giving me ideas of what to see and do with much enthusiasm and concern that my stay was an enjoyable one. Michael was also very friendly and helpful. He gave me lots of valuable tips and helpful service with taxis, etc. All of the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel has recently been renovated and it's beautiful. I had a large, king-sized room that was truly fit for a king and I would recommend asking for Room 12 if it's available. The breakfast included was more than adequate, especially the homemade coissants. The location is perfect for ease of getting around on foot or public bus, both within the walls and without. I can say with confidence that you will definitely be more than satisfied if this hotel is your choice while staying in Quebec.

Room Tip: As my review states, I recommend Room 12 if you like a large room with a king-size bed. The view fro...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Bonjour Susan,
I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the room. Your kind comments definitely make our day. You stayed in one of our deluxe king rooms, facing the parliament. We are in the heart of the city, so while the views are fabulous, if a client is seeking a quieter stay, a room on the back side would be more appropriate. It was a pleasure getting to meet you, and I hope we get the chance to welcome you back......maybe when it is not 30 below!

Been to Le Manoir d'Auteuil? Share your experiences!