“Romantic stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Le Manoir d'Auteuil

Save Saved
You added Le Manoir d'Auteuil to your Saves list
Le Manoir d'Auteuil
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49, rue d'Auteuil | Vieux-Québec, Quebec City, Quebec G1R4C2, Canada   |
Ranked #9 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
Toronto, Canada
“Romantic stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Our second visit back and just as wonderful! Daniel and the staff here are attentive and very helpful. We got some great recommendations for dinners and sites. Recommendations included The Hobbit, Graffiti and Anciens Canadiens. All within walking distance. We had a little trouble getting the heat to work and Daniel was great helping out. Live their new bar area and the new rooms are stunning (Daniel gave us a tour). Will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2013
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for coming to see us again! I am glad that you and Daniel had the chance to tour the hotel and see all of the renovations. It has been a long and exciting project, and it is so rewarding when clients enjoy the changes as much as we do! My sincerest appreciation for taking the time to write a review. We do receive many clients looking to share a romantic getaway with us, and I am so glad you chose the Omer Marchand Suite for your romantic stay. I hope I get the chance to meet you again when you both come back, and not just Daniel! Take care, and again, thank you for the review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Manoir d'Auteuil last weekend. It was very clean. The staff was extremely friendly, layed back and helpful. And, the location was perfect! A complimentary breakfast was offered each morning that included delicious food and coffee. The men and women at the front desk helped us to get around and recommended great restaurants that we enjoyed so much. Off street parking is available at a low cost and the hotel itself is very affordable. If/when we ever go back to Quebec, we'll most likely be staying at the Manoir d'Aquteuil!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at the Manoir d'Auteuil. I realize that time is something we all have little of, so the fact that you took the time to share your travel experience with the travel community is greatly appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed the charm of this historic property. We recently remodelled, so although the property dates to 1835, everything is fresh and we have really strived to stay true to the historical integrity of the building. I will share your kind words about the service and cleanliness with the team, they will be thrilled that we met your expectations. Thank you again, and we wish you many happy travels to Quebec City in the years to come.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Le Manoir d'Auteuil was the perfect little place for us to get away too. We stayed 2 nights in the manoir and enjoyed every moment of our visit. The location is in a very convenient spot, tucked away between the main streets and still a stones throw away from the Old City Port that separates the Old City from the Modern city, I can't say enough about the location, only that it is the best located hotel in the entire Quebec City! The room we received upon our arrival was more then I expected. Personally, I've always had a bit of a love for 1930's french charm, so the room was absolutely unique with it's high ceiling, tall windows and a beautiful bathroom located on a 2nd floor. The staff were all very helpful and very polite, they made me feel very comfortable and secure, they also made me feel at home. The continental breakfast was perfect, I don't eat a huge breakfast so this suited me. The coffee was amazing and trust me I'm a huge morning coffee buff.
My experience at the manoir was without a doubt perfect and unforgettable. The price is very reasonable and I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Quebec City on a romantic excursion.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so glad you enjoyed the "Old World Charm" of this historic property. We love the art deco that was incorporated in the 1930's after a fire. The building itself dates to 1835, and is typical of the Old Quebec City architecture you find within the walls. Thank you for taking the time to share your travel experiences and I will certainly share your kind comments with my team. They will make everyone's day!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Beautiful place in the perfect location. Decided last minute to switch rooms to the Omar Marchand Executive suite...and it perfect. I couldnt ask for a better room. The only downside is knowing the next time I travel I wont be able to stay in as nice a place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Wow, thank you so much for the great review. The Omer Marchand suite is the former library of the historic residence, exceptionally spacious and vintage chic. I am delighted you liked it as much as we do. This room is considerably more expensive than our standard rooms, but twice the size and well worth it for a special occasion. Again thank you for the review, and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Just returned from 3-night stay at this hotel. In my opinion, the rating should be even higher than quoted. I've traveled extensively over the years and usually stay in boutique hotels. In my opinion, this was one of the best. To start, the inviting, cheerful personality of the owner, Linda, made me feel very welcome. She spent a good amount of time giving me ideas of what to see and do with much enthusiasm and concern that my stay was an enjoyable one. Michael was also very friendly and helpful. He gave me lots of valuable tips and helpful service with taxis, etc. All of the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel has recently been renovated and it's beautiful. I had a large, king-sized room that was truly fit for a king and I would recommend asking for Room 12 if it's available. The breakfast included was more than adequate, especially the homemade coissants. The location is perfect for ease of getting around on foot or public bus, both within the walls and without. I can say with confidence that you will definitely be more than satisfied if this hotel is your choice while staying in Quebec.

Room Tip: As my review states, I recommend Room 12 if you like a large room with a king-size bed. The view fro...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Bonjour Susan,
I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the room. Your kind comments definitely make our day. You stayed in one of our deluxe king rooms, facing the parliament. We are in the heart of the city, so while the views are fabulous, if a client is seeking a quieter stay, a room on the back side would be more appropriate. It was a pleasure getting to meet you, and I hope we get the chance to welcome you back......maybe when it is not 30 below!
Worthington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We spent four days in the old city of Quebec Canada and stayed at this wonderful small hotel.
Linda & Daniel and their staff were so very helpful and welcoming. You can walk to everything in Old Quebec.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review! Being a small family run business, we truly depend on word of mouth from clients like you. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, our staff and appreciated the great central location. Again, thank you for your support and choosing to stay with us!
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We spent two days at the hotel in advance of a cruise. The desk normally closes at 10:00, but they graciously arranged to stay until we arrived on a late flight. The staff was amongst the friendliest we have encountered in our travels. They pointed out attractions that were not normal tourist traps. We wanted to have a middle priced dinner and entertainment on our one full evening. They greatly helped in finding suitable venues. It was the Quebec jazz festival, and they helped us sort out the entertainment options. Great breakfast chats with the owner made us feel at home. Good assortment of continental breakfast items, and a comfortable room (and a good value)

Room Tip: There is no elevator so plan to pack one light suitcase if you get a second or third floor room. The...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
My sincerest thanks to you for taking the time to write a review. Your tip about the smaller suitcase is a wonderful one to share with travellers, especially with cruisers, as cruise ship passengers tend to have a lot of luggage. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us as well as taking advantage of our recommendations of where to go in Quebec City. We love sharing our favourite finds with our clients. Thank you so very much for sharing your insights with the travelling community.

Un gros merci, Linda

Been to Le Manoir d'Auteuil? Share your experiences!