I had originally booked another hotel and decided to look at other options for the one night before we joined a cruise. I was impressed by the feedback on Trip Advisor so decided to change my booking and was not disappointed. We were due to arrive quite late in the evening and were even later than planned due to a flight delay, but we received a very warm welcome from Catharine and were delighted to be told we had been upgraded to a junior suite (room 7.) As others having commented being a small boutique style hotel there is no lift but we were helped up to the first floor with our bags and opened the door into a great room complete with four poster bed, it seemed a shame to move all the cushions and pillows to get in but it was a very welcome site. The bathroom was something else - all very art deco and it was bigger than many bedrooms we have had in the past. There was a flat screen TV and it felt really odd when I switched it on in the morning finding that Coronation St was one - but the episode was some weeks behind where we were in the UK. The bathroom was complete with bath and shower and the shower was something else, jets of water cascading from every direction - that really woke us up in the morning. Both the bedroom and bathroom were beautifully decorated. Breakfast was served in the basement and was a very adequate continental breakfast. We stored our bags so that we could explore Quebec while waiting for our time to board the cruise ship. When we returned to the hotel the receptionist very obligingly ordered us a cab and also told us the estimated priced we could expect to pay. This was a great find and we were really sorry that we were only staying one night. We also noted how helpful the staff were when talking to other guests making recommendations of places to eat for dinner. We would certainly recommend to others and would return if ever we went back to Quebec. We were in a room on the front and it was really quiet.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir d`Auteuil Hotel
- Le Manoir d`Auteuil Hotel Quebec City
- Le Manoir d Auteuil
- Le Manoir D'Auteuil Quebec/Quebec City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the most referred small hotel in Old Quebec City. Our perfect location within the walls of old Quebec City promises you the convenience of walking within minutes to all the major attractions of the City. Come and enjoy our modern room's amenities in a European style. Our knowledgeable and bilingual staff will help you discover the major attractions as well as the nuances of old Quebec City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Le Manoir d'Auteuil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.