“Very nice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Manoir d'Auteuil

You added Le Manoir d'Auteuil to your Saves list
Le Manoir d'Auteuil
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49, rue d'Auteuil | Vieux-Québec, Quebec City, Quebec G1R4C2, Canada   |
Special Offer
Enjoy a welcome drink!
Ranked #8 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
Columbia, South Carolina
“Very nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Delightful small hotel in Old Quebec. Very friendly and helpful owners and staff. We stayed in Room 12 which is in the building adjacent to the original hotel and was recently renovated and added to the hotel. It was nice, spacious, clean and comfortable. The hotel is not resplendent but is a very nice, clean, friendly and enjoyable place to stay.

Old Quebec is delightful and the shopping/restaurant areas are easy walking distance. Hotel is nicely located. Continental breakfast is no frills but good.

Room Tip: Our room (#12) faced the street looking at park. There is some street noise but it is minimal. The...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Bonjour and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I highly recommend any of our deluxe king rooms or junior suites to anyone who does not mind spending a little more. The parliament side rooms do have lovely views. The street noise is minimal, but if you want it more quiet, I recommend choosing a room situated on the back side of the building, although the clopping footsteps of the horses is quite nice to listen to. Again, my sincerest thanks to you for taking the time to share your experience with the travel community.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Coldwater, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

We had never been to Quebec before so were not sure about location, etc.I am very price conscious so when checking out Trip Advisor for a place to stay in the City price and cleanliness were priorities.Everyone raved about this hotel and now I know why ! From the first person we met at the front desk to Lucia at checkout,everyone was friendly and helpful.To save money we did the European room on the fourth floor.Yes, it was a climb but worth it.Clean,clean,clean.We loved the breakfast-my husband still raves about the bread he had for toast.Great location.Friendly guests in breakfast room and the owners there serving you.Would love to go back.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am tickled you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the european room. It sounds like you really use Trip Advisor to do your research, and you found the room category that best fit your lodging preferences. On a personal note, I love their cozy charm as well, and if stairs are not an issue for you, the european room is an excellent choice. I will pass on your kind complements to the housekeeping team. They will truly appreciate the recognition. Again, many thanks and I hope we are fortunate enough to see you here again! Until then, I wish you many happy travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

This lovely boutique hotel is the perfect place to stay in Old Quebec. A great location, a historic building restored with taste and care, hands on owners Linda and Dan, who make all guests comfortable. Reception staff, led by Lucia always seem to have time for every guest throughout their busy day. We had room 7, which was large, elegant with a window looking out over the park. I have travelled all over the world and have never felt more at home, more comfortable than at Manoir d'Auteuil - look no further, you could spend twice as much and not be as happy - and oh! Those croissants!!!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you John for your kind words! Room 7 is one of our historic junior suites. It is a large room with the historic art deco bathroom. I am glad you got to experience the charm of the Parliament hill and park views. I am especially pleased that you enjoyed those croissants! Our breakfast is simple and a traditional french petite déjeuner, and in my opinion.......worth every calorie! Again, many thanks, and I hope we get a chance to meet again.
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel is a gem. We were impressed with the staff of this hotel from the moment we made a phone call inquiring about a room. And our experience just kept getting better since we arrived there. Everybody goes out of their way to give you information about the city, about restaurants, events, everybody always has a smile on their face and is genuinly happy to see you. We were surprised when we learned that Linda was the owner of the hotel. We thought that she was a very nice and hard working employee, perhaps manager. She is the nicest person. And it goes from there - manager Lucia was amazing and all the girls we got to meet at the front desk were just exceptional. Hotel itself is super charming, very clean and quiet. It's location is great - just inside the city walls, within walking distance to everything. Our room was on the fourth floor with the view of a park, the city wall and the Parlament. It was very quaint to look outside at night and listen to the horse and carriage go by the park. When I woke up the first morning after late arrival I trully felt like I was in a little apartment in Paris. Our room had a slanted ceiling, but was very roomy and light. The bed was incredibly comfortable - I slept there better than at home and I cannot say that about any other place. We stayed 8 nights and loved every minute of it. We definitely want to come back to wonderful Quebec City and we will definitely stay at Manoir d'Auteuil again. We were very sad when we had to leave. It was like leaving a family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wow! Thank you for such a wonderful review. Let me first say that we do not always have the luxury of getting to know our clients as well as we got to get to know you both......and it was indeed a pleasure! I am glad you enjoyed your european room. I adore these petite but charming rooms, and I am tickled you liked it too! The fact that you did not realize I was the owner at first, is great. I really enjoy working with everyone here, and especially enjoy being a part of that team. I am delighted that due to length of your stay, you really had the opportunity to meet everyone. Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write such a lengthy review sharing your experience with the travel community. My sincerest appreciation, and I wish you both more incredible journeys ahead.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This was an extremely pleasant place to stay. Comfortable, welcoming, very well appointed, quiet and not too far to walk to the main attractions.
The owner and staff, Linda, Vivienne and Lucia were so helpful and hospitable with explanations about how to get to places, good restaurants nearby, etc.
Breakfasts....which were not included in my booking were reasonably priced and included yummy croissants, breads to toast, yoghurt, fruit and boiled eggs....a good start to the day.
It might be helpful to know that there are no lifts (elevators). Beds were superbly comfortable.
The very best thing about the hotel was the friendliness, professionalism and helpfulness of the staff. I would stay there again certainly.

Room Tip: I imagine any room would be good, but if you do not travel lightly and stairs with luggage are not...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Bonjour Mme. Ralston. I am so delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and to share your experiences with the travel community. I am glad you found your bed so comfortable. We use a very high quality Simmons Beauty Rest mattress, as well as high end sheeting and bedding and triple chamber down pillows (they are hypoallergenic). You did reserve through an online travel agency, which offers a room only rate. For the bed and breakfast packages, one must reserve directly with us. I am glad you did enjoy the fresh croissants and that you found the breakfast charge reasonable. Although the breakfast is a simple yet traditional french déjeuner, we truly strive to put out quality products like those croissants from Paillard. It was very nice to get a chance to meet you during your stay. Again, thank you for your warm comments. We truly appreciate it. I wish you many more happy travels ahead, full of new and exciting places to discover!
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The rooms were clean, with ample space, and the bathroom was large. It was situated in a quiet area very close to the Frontenac- inside the walls, and to the Citadel- outside the walls. The owner Dan was an active manager ensuring great hospitality and offering useful advice. Staff were very attentive. Breakfast was most pleasing with croissants that tasted like the ones in Paris that I have not been able to find anywhere. Restaurants at all price levels were 2 minutes walk away. Book directly with hotel to get free breakfast. Air conditioning excellent. Great shower pressure. Everybody had good manners and a friendly presentation including the other hotel guests.Free computer use on the first floor. No ripoff elements. When I return will book this hotel again. I believe that staying in this hotel made my trip more enjoyable. The positive reviews are accurate.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I especially appreciate you sharing the details with the travel community. Often times, smaller, independent hotels such as ours do not have the same quality that one can expect from a larger chain. We really try to ensure our clients a high quality experience that they would find in the larger luxurious hotels; like the mattress quality, climate control elements, quality bedding, etc, yet still maintain the personal touches of smaller inns and bed and breakfasts. After all, the personal contact that we share with our clients is what makes our job so much fun. All of our rooms vary in size, some with smaller bathrooms, other with those the size of a bedroom. The croissants are baked fresh daily by Paillard, just down the street. That is why they are so good! I wish I could take credit, but I can't. I have been told (this is here say, mind you) that their secret ingredient is in the butter, that they import it from France, and that this is why they taste like those from Paris. Again, thank you so much for the review. A small property, such as ours, depends on word of mouth. Un gros merci!
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My mother and I recently stayed at this wonderful boutique hotel for 4 nights on our first trip to Quebec City. Located just inside the walls of Old Quebec, Le Manoir d'Auteuil provided our "home away from home" with easy access to numerous delightful restaurants and sights/excursions all within a short walking distance. Our heartfelt thanks to the wonderful, knowledgeable staff ~ Lucia, Vivienne and owner, Linda for ensuring our stay was comfortable, enjoyable and providing us with tips on where to visit; suggesting restaurants to try and also requesting feedback on our experiences from our full days exploring this wonderful city. Breakfast each morning was scumptous and plentiful ~ oh how I already miss those delicious chocolate croissants!! Our room(s) were very nicely appointed, comfortable and very clean with beautiful views looking out over the park and Parliament buildings. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip. Le Manior D'Auteuil and staff far exceeded my expectations and I would highly recommend staying here if you want to experience thoughtful, warm hospitality which was demonstrated to us and also noticed to all others staying there at the same time we did. Many thanks again Linda ~ I'm still on the look out for a moose!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I sincerely appreciate your kind words. It was a true pleasure for us all to get the chance to meet you both during your stay in Quebec City. Because your trip was for 4 full days, we really got the chance to get to know you and "Gloria". I am delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations, and I am so glad that you found our little suggestions so helpful. Some travellers arrive having done all their research and know exactly where they would like to go, but we still like to share some of our favorite things to do in Quebec City with you all. I wish you both happy travels ahead, and of course, a few moose here and there! Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Been to Le Manoir d'Auteuil? Share your experiences!