My bf and I stayed in the hotel for a night. I purchased a deal on Living Social, and booked the Prestige room. The room was great, except water wasn't working that night. We had to change rooms to the Distinction Room which was a little bit smaller but was very similar. Since we purchased a deal on the rooms, there's really not much else they could do for us. It's understandable, but it didn't rub me the right way because regardless of how I paid for the stay, I think I should be treated the same way as other paying customers especially since I was downgraded from the Prestige room to the Distinction Room. The bathroom was very clean, and the king-sized bed was very comfortable to sleep in.
It was really cold that night (-35 C), so my bf and I decided to order in food. Their kitchen was closed, but they recommended a few places for us to order from. Breakfast is decent - just don't expect meat. I loved the juice and coffee bar which kept us hydrated and warm throughout the stay. The location is amazing - we explored one side of the city, went back to the hotel to warm up and had cappuccino. Then we went out again to explore other side of the city, and came back to the hotel to warm up and had some hot chocolate.
Check out was at 12. We wanted to explore the city more on the day of our check out, so we asked the reception to keep our stuff at the back and car for a few hours while we go out. They were nice enough to do this, to make up for the inconvenience of moving from the other room the night before. This gesture more than made up for that.
Overall I was really happy with the service and room. I think the people working in the hotel made my stay an excellent one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Chateau Bellevue: Quiet comfort assured in the heart of Old QuebecAny reason to visit Quebec City is a great opportunity to stay at Hotel Chateau Bellevue… a perfect location in the heart of Old Quebec, near Dufferin Terrace and the Citadel, with views of Parc des Gouverneurs and the mighty Saint Lawrence River. Come enjoy the historic charm of North America’s only fortified city, discover an exceptionally beautiful architectural heritage, and bask in the comfort and quality service that only a hotel like ours can provide.At Hotel Chateau Bellevue, exceptional comfort and a warm family atmosphere live in peaceful coexistence with all the excitement Old Quebec has to offer, including a front-row seat of major events. Whether you’re passing through Quebec City on business, or looking for a romantic getaway, or sharing a tour with friends, you’ll soon find Hotel Chateau Bellevue has everything it takes to make your visit a success.Hotel Chateau Bellevue also has an awesome array of tour packages for every possible interest. Fine dining, culture, outdoor activities… Whatever you’re looking for, you’ll find terrific options to enjoy and explore. Just contact our hotel staff to make your reservations for the visit of your dreams… today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Chateau Bellevue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Bellevue Quebec City
- Chateau Bellevue Hotel
- Hotel Chateau Bellevue Quebec/Quebec City