“Cute, clean, comfy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
Scarsdale NY
“Cute, clean, comfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

I enjoyed this small, tidy, eclectic hotel, which was within walking distance of everything.The only issue was that the shower would veer widely from hot to cold--I guess the building and the plumbing are both ancient! But the free breakfast was very nice and so was all the staff. I'd totally stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Brandon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay. It has a historic, romantic feel, but all the comforts of a typical hotel. The hotel is only a couple blocks from everything in the city. Spacious rooms, wonderful location, the owners are helpful and polite. I have nothing negative to stay. This was one of the best hotels I been in all my travels. And wifi worked well here.

The breakfast was the best we had in Quebec. The OJ was fresh squeezed, the bagels were local, the fruit fresh and pastries and coffee were excellent as well.

Room Tip: Just ask for one away from the elevator, but that is true of all hotels. Make sure you include the b...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

My sister and I took our teenagers for their first trip to Canada. We stayed at the Manoir de L'Esplanade for three nights, and enjoyed our stay thoroughly. The staff was impeccable, both helpful and polite, and went out of their way to ensure that we had an excellent visit. They had large umbrellas ready to hand out to guests when it rained, supplied us with plates and flatware when we ordered in and had excellent suggestions of what to do while in Quebec City. Our room was sparking clean and quite charming with the stone walls and iron fireplaces. The bath was small but functional and the complimentary breakfast was good. The location was outstanding, across from a lovely park and within walking distance of all of the attractions in the Old City. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Very nice clean hotel with a European feel. Rooms are not big but are impeccably maintained. Staff are very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was great (bagels, croissants, cereal etc). The location near the citadel is a perfect launching point to go into the old city, towards the Grande Allee or to the plains of Abraham. No shortage of good restaurants nearby. I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in old Quebec. A short cab ride from the train station, this hotel is about a 30 min. drive to the airport.

Room Tip: Inner rooms away from the street are very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

We booked Manoir de l’Esplanade months in advance, but at the last minute almost switched to the Fairmont Chateau Frontenac. While I’m sure we would have had an exceptional stay at the world-renowned Frontenac, I do not regret our decision for even a second. Quebec City is one of those places (like Paris and New Orleans) where it’s nice to stay at a more intimate place with local flavor. The Manoir de l’Esplanade fit the bill perfectly.

We arrived in Quebec City close to midnight, exhausted after a long day of travel. Our room at Manoir de l’Esplanade was a pleasant and cozy surprise for weary travelers. Unlike rooms at chain hotels, the rooms here are homey, with warm lighting, fresh paint, and contemporary touches that tastefully compliment the building’s historical foundation and add to the hotel’s comfort and functionality. I felt like we were staying at a friend’s nicely remodeled home instead of a hotel. In fact, I would say that the rooms are nicer than most of the pictures on Trip Advisor reflect, and usually I find the opposite to be true. Only complaint I would add is that our room was a bit tight for two adults and kids.

The owners and staff are lovely, and they serve a wonderful complimentary breakfast off the reception area, with an assortment of pastries, bread, cereals, fruit, fresh-squeezed juice, coffee, and tea. The dining area, like the rooms, is cozy and immaculate.

What else to say? Wi-fi is free, and the location is perfect – in walking distance of everything. I highly recommend a stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Room types and configurations vary, so probably good idea to talk to staff when booking.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
South Hadley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel for a stay in Old Quebec City. The location could not be better and there is even limited parking right behind the hotel. The deluxe rooms with stone interior walls are really beautiful and very clean. Above all, the staff were very friendly and helpful -- a real pleasure to work with. My partner and I had a truly delightful and relaxing stay within the walled city and the hotel played a large part in making it so.Thank you!

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms facing the park. Lovely view and less street noise than on the ground floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
San Angelo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I was worried that the location on a busy street corner in old Quebec would be noisy. But no problem there. The hotel is family run and very quaint. The rooms were large enough, comfortable and very clean. The breakfast buffet was standard but they do make their own croissants which our French friends really liked. The location is great. So nice to walk out the front door and turn left to be on the street that leads to the heart of old Quebec City! Lots of restaurants and shops nearby. They provide parking at an underground lot for around $24.00. It is a bit of a hike to get there.. But nice they provide that. We liked our experience and enjoyed the friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Manoir de L'Esplanade? Share your experiences!