We stayed in Room 14 and were very pleased. Check-in was easy and efficient. The room was charming, with exposed wood beams and an updated bathroom. The location is also outstanding, just a short dash down the stairs to the boardwalk and in the heart of upper town, next door to the Chateau Frontenac. It is a short walk to the Citadel and other sights. Be warned there is no elevator, so if you reserve a room on the second or third floor, be ready for the stairs. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Manoir Sur-le-Cap is located near the Château Frontenac and Notre Dame Basilica in Old Quebec, in the the most historic quarter of North America.On this site, facing the Jardin des Gouverneurs, a wooden house was built at the end of the 18th century.After purchasing the property in 1837, William L. Felton had the small house demolished and replaced by a comfortable stone house.Subsequently, Doctor Georges Mellis Douglas, owner of the residence, had the Grosse-Ile opened up for sick immigrants and became their medical superintendent.In 1856 and 1857, the owner of this home was painter Théophile Hamel who lived there after his mariage.The Roy family, owners of the premises since 1967, have preserved the historic cachet of this hotel. Their warm hospitality will make your stay unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Manoir Sur-le-Cap reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoir Sur-Le-Cap Hotel Quebec City
- Manoir Sur-Le-Cap Quebec/Quebec City