“Incredible!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 97 hotels in Quebec City
Baltimore, MD
“Incredible!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

The people at the front desk, especially Emilie, were so friendly and helpful. Emilie booked reservations at great restaurants for us, gave us popcorn, a choice between 600 movies, and chatted with us every time we walked in the door. The complimentary breakfast was hung on the door in a basket filled with pastries, fruit, juice, cheese, and yogurt for each member of our family. The rooms were spacious and quiet and the beds were comfy. The hotel was close to many restaurants, stores and museums, and we walked everywhere! Everything was very neat and welcoming. We would definitely recommend L'Hôtel du Vieux-Québec! Au reviour!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

698 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The staff is truly outstanding. They all show their care and enthusiasm for each guest. Their expertise of city restaurants was both amazing and rewarding in that all of our dining experiences were fantastic. The room was very comfortable.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This hotel has the best customer service in the world! I decided to book this hotel for a getaway with my husband after reading the stellar reviews it was getting. I used booking.com thinking I was getting the best deal and after looking at the hotel website, I realized they had a discount that was cheaper than the deal I got. I called the hotel and spoke to Jeffrey and he waived my cancellation fee and allowed me to book the room with the promotion I had previously missed. The hotel itself is in a great location, in the heart of Old Quebec. This place was heaven. The rooms are very clean, the bed is very comfortable and has a variety of pillows to choose from. I had a single room with double bed and it also had a fridge and a safe. There was an issue with our safe the first day and Jeffrey made sure it was fixed in the morning and even called us to let us know. While I was waiting at the front desk, a client called to ask if the gift shop was open because he had forgotten his toothbrush. Unfortunately, it was closed but Jeffrey was able to provide him with a kit (toothbrush, toothpaste)! I was blown away by the service. Every morning, a breakfast basket was hanged on a hook at our door. I insisted to be the one to open it every morning to see what kind of goodies were packed for us (for our stay, we had croissants, chocolate pastries, yogurt, cheese and juice as well as cream and milk for our coffee). In each basket, the staff included a note wishing us a good morning as well as the temperature for the day. I thought it was extremely thoughtful. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and provided us with maps to indicate how to get to the various tourists attractions. I am vegetarian and my husband isn't, the staff made a lot of restaurant suggestions that were very useful. A special shout out to Jeffrey because we dealt with him a lot more than the other staff (he was working the evening shift during our stay). We were able to get parking at the Hotel de Ville through the hotel (for a very small fee) and we were very happy with our experience. We will DEFINITELY come back to his hotel whenever we are in Quebec city and I strongly recommend it to anyone. The staff tries its best to make it as comfortable as they can with a lot of attention to details. They even provide popcorn and movies for rainy days! Where else can you find a service like that! To the staff of the hotel: Thank you for an amazing stay! See you soon!
Nadia

Pickering
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great hotel this is the second time here, comfortable beds (choice of 3 pillows hard ,med ,soft ) , updated nice rooms, love the breakfast basket they hang on your door in the morning. Great location in Quebec city. Front desk staff are very friendly. A great spot and a lovely hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Simply one of the nicest hotel experiences I've ever had. The staff and the facilities are amazing and the location is perfect for walking the town. We were there between Christmas and New years of 2012. We had a suite with the gas fireplace, which was very nice to come back to after a day out in the cold. The breakfast baskets are surprisingly great, and strongly recommended; these must be being provided at cost because the quality is there for the $5.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

For Easter 2012 my friend and I decided to take a road trip to Quebec City. We had no plans, no hotel, no idea where we were going. We arrived in Old Quebec, parked at City Hall, grabbed our bags and literally walked into the first hotel that we saw which so happened to be this little slice of heaven!! The staff were all so kind, spoke great English and were extremely helpful sharing their ideas on hot night spots and restaurants for my friend and I. The room that we stayed in was a room with one queen bed, it was quaint, very clean, had a great view of the street, the comfiest bed ever and the fluffiest pillows! The location of L'Hotel du Vieux-Quebec is perfectly central. It's at the bottom of the City so BE PREPARED TO WALK UP A LOT OF HILLS - Your calves will get a great work out! On top of all of that, we received breakfast in the basket which was so exciting and the pastries were so yummy! I had never been to Quebec City prior to this weekend away but I fell in love with the city and this hotel! I loved it so much that I have decided to continue my Easter tradition and have planned a 3 night stay at L'Hotel du Vieux-Quebec for Easter 2013 but this time I'm road tripping with my fiance. He has never been to Old Quebec before so he's just as excited as I am. Hopefully my little piece of heaven lives up to the amazing service and experience I had last year!! I am so excited to be going back in just a couple of weeks!! Don't pass up the opportunity to stay here!!

ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We just got back from four nights and really enjoyed our stay. I thought the price was very reasonable. Beds were comfortable and the rooms was quiet. I like that you don't feel like they are trying to always trying to squeeze a few more dollars from you. Breakfast basket was complimentary as are the movies. We went skiing 2 days at Le Massif which was less than one hour from the hotel. Location is excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to L'Hotel du Vieux-Quebec? Share your experiences!