“Good, no ways” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Chateau Laurier

You added Hotel Chateau Laurier to your Saves list
Hotel Chateau Laurier
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1220, Place Georges V Ouest, Quebec City, Quebec G1R 5B8, Canada   |
Offers & Announcements
APRIL ON SALE
Ranked #35 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
Bassano del Grappa
“Good, no ways”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Very nice hotel, clean and comfortable, luxury hall. For sure expensive. Great position to visit the downtown. Very bad the parking place is very expensive and not included. Breakfast not included. The upper rooms are very good to have a nice view to the old district.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Johanne C, Director of Sales at Hotel Chateau Laurier, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Bonjour Rufus66, our location in the heart of Old Quebec, within reach of all activities, makes us a hotel that meets the needs of our leisure and business customers. I’m concern with your comment about the parking; you have two options, self-serve indoor parking with direct access to the hotel at 20$ for 24 hours or you may wish to use the outdoor public parking behind our building it is more affordable. I hope this helps plan your next visit. Johanne Caron director of sales and marketing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Beautiful and cozy rooms, very clean and rooms are spacious. Near Quebec beautiful restaurants.
Loved the Jacouzi in our room and the view in the morning.
Good for relaxation.
They should consider free internet in the rooms

• Stayed September 2012
Johanne C, Director of Sales at Hotel Chateau Laurier, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Bonjour and thank you very much for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We value our guest's comments and appreciate finding out what our strong and weak points are, from your point of view. Johanne Caron director of sales & marketing
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We loved this place. We stayed for a week and will go back at least once a year. The staff were fantastic, the location perfect, the view very nice and the room clean and comfy. We stayed in a superior room that was perfect. The only downside is no tub, but the large shower was great. We used the outdoor hot tubs almost every day to relax after a day touring the city.

We were in a room at the back of the hotel so it was nice and quiet. It was an easy walk to the heart of the old city, the market, and the beautiful Plains of Abraham Park.

The concierge service, valets, housekeeping and restaurant staff were awesome and truly appreciated. It was an honour tipping the staff who always smiled, made excellent small talk, said thank you and genuinely appreciated it. The hotel was very clean and we even saw someone spot cleaning the carpet on her hands and knees.

The restaurant and breakfast were the only area where there was room for improvement. It wasn't that it was bad it just didn't meet the 4 star standard or meet the quality of the rest of the hotel and amenities. The buffet was exactly the same every day and we pre purchased. Did I mention exactly the same. French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and ham along with fruit, cereals, the same kinds of muffins etc. I would have appreciated a little variety perhaps pancakes instead of french toast.

Overall it more than met our expectations and was truly enjoyable. The staff were EXCELLENT!

Room Tip: As always advise what you are looking for when booking the staff are very helpful and accomodating...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BOnjour, on behalf of the General Manager and the entire team of the Hôtel Château Laurier Québec, we would like to thank you for your wonderful review. Your comments are a source of motivation for us. We will share your constructive critique with our partners of the St-Hubert. We are looking forward to welcome you again shortly. Johanne Caron , director of sales & marketing
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a very nice hotel - a great location - walking distance past the Legislature to Old Quebec and bars, cafes, restaurants all around. A nice touch - wine dispensers on each floor - glass or carafe. The rooms were great - as was the service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonjour and thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you very soon. Johanne Caron, director of sales & marketing.
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Lovely large hotel with great facilities. I used the pool early one morning and was the only one in there.

We stayed in the European rooms – given some of the reviews on these rooms I was really apprehensive but maybe because I’m European I found them absolutely fine! Yes the décor was dated but other than that it was fine, room view was great and the location of the hotel was spot on.

Parking was expensive but I am told anywhere in Quebec is and it seemed very safe and secure.

Staff were very friendly upon check in. Our booking.com confirmation said we had free wifi so they honoured it however I understand that they wouldn’t usually offer it and it is quite expensive.

Given the expensive hotel options in Quebec the European rooms offered good value for money for a hotel with good facilities and parking.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Johanne C, Director of Sales at Hotel Chateau Laurier, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Bonjour, we would like to thank you for your review of your visit at the Hôtel Château Laurier Québec. We are always pleased when people share their experiences and opinions on our hotel.
I want to reassure your fellow travelers, on the booking.com site it is clearly indicated that we charge a fee for our high performance wireless connection. It is of the most importance to us to provide exact information about services offered. We hope to welcome you back soon, Johanne Caron director of sales and marketing.
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I love this hotel. My husband and I have stayed many times. We have tried many different rooms, all of them to our great satisfaction. The beds are super comfortable. The accomodations are very clean and the staff is very helpful. The location is supreme. Only a few minutes walk to be right in the heart of old quebec.
My only suggestion would be to have free wifi.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Johanne C, Director of Sales at Hotel Chateau Laurier, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Bonjour and thank you for your vote of confidence. We always appreciate it when a customer recommends our services to Trip Advisor.We take good note for your suggestion and keep that in mind for our future decision. We hope to see you again very soon. Johanne Caron director of sales & marketing
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed here 7 years ago for our anniversary and had a deluxe room for a week. We loved the hotel so much, we went there again for her 40th birthday last week. This time we reserved 2 rooms, one for my family (with kids) and one for my in-laws. I again requested a room in the newer area facing the Plains of Abraham (park). We had the double queen superior room and my in-laws had the king standard. They are the usual hotel room layout, updated and very clean. The mattresses are a little more firm than my family is used to but we all slept on them very well. The pool is a little on the small side but useable. From the pool area, you walk out into a hall then up stairs to get to the outdoor hot tubs. The halls to and from the hot tubs are very slippery when wet. The hotel is the closest hotel outside the walled city (old Quebec) along Grande Allee. It's about a 2 minute walk to the wall(entrance) of old Quebec and the Citadelle which is immediately inside the walled entrance on Grande Allee that changes names to rue Saint Louis within the walled city. When we were last there, it was St. Jean Baptiste day and there was a very large overnight party in the Plains of Abraham and everything around the city that weekend was very busy. Everyone was so nice and enjoying the party atmosphere. The party quieted down in the park by 11pm or midnight and sleeping in the room was not a problem. Lots of people stayed in tents overnight. Well this time, Madonna performed in the park. Again a great crowd and no problems. By 12:10am, the concert finished and I could get to sleep. If this may bother you, check to see if there are any large late night events in the park during your stay and if so, book a room facing the lovely courtyard. Hotel staff are excellent, helpful and friendly. I had booked my room early and was quoted a good price. When I received a reminder email notification just before my departure, I noticed my daily rate was increased by about $30.00. I phoned their toll free number and it was quickly correctly without any issues. Mistakes can happen anywhere and I feel it is the way it is dealt with that counts. Great customer service. There were 2 or 3 concierge I dealt with. One was named Julie I believe. She was fantastic. Another young lady was also great but unfortunately I didn't get her name. The morning of our departure there was a gentleman at the concierge desk. He could barely speak english and referred us to the reception desk for assistance in english. He was polite but a concierge should have a good grasp of the english language. The restaurant in the Hotel is now St. Hubert, a fancy looking St. Hubert. We didn't eat there but it was pretty busy which is a good sign. St. Hubert has to be better than the previous restaurant there that had issues with customer service. My wife and I miss the Fruits and Passion bath products/lotions that used to be in the rooms when we stayed there 7 years ago. Definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: pick rooms facing the courtyard or the Plains of Abraham in the newer section or the newest section...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bonjour Mr & Mrs. Carter, congratulation on your 40th anniversary. Thank you very much for the time and effort you put into writing this detail testimonial on Trip Advisor concerning your second visit at our facilities. You must have left the property early in the morning, and briefly talk to our security person who use the concierge desk overnight, We hope to welcome you again maybe to celebrate your 50th. Johanne Caron director of sales and marketing.

Been to Hotel Chateau Laurier? Share your experiences!