“I expected much more.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Motel Le Chateauguay

Save Saved
You added Hotel Motel Le Chateauguay to your Saves list
Hotel Motel Le Chateauguay
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3842 Boulevard Ste-Anne, Quebec City, Quebec G1E 3M3, Canada (Formerly Thriftlodge Quebec Beauport)   |
Ranked #64 of 102 hotels in Quebec City
Sherbrooke, Canada
“I expected much more.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Expected much more even for the price. Room was very small like a prison cell, so you can stay there only to wash yourself and sleep. They often accept large bunch of young tourists, so they were very noisy and litter trash everywhere. The carpet of our room was cleaned 2 hours ago and it was wet and humid, enough that we had to keep our shoes and lift luggages and they hadn't another room for us. Cleanlliness was very average, decoration was outdate. Internet acess isn't free and it's was very slow even if I paid for it.

Good things : Staff was very good, continental breakfast was also good, the location is perfect it's near chutes Montmorency and Québec city downtown, under 5 minutes of driving. They also have a nice swimming pool!

If I go back to Québec, I will try something else for sure. Maybe it was a kind of hazard falling just on us this night but It wasn't very funny.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

156 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This "hotel" is NOTHING like its pictures or advertising. A grubby, rundown, cheap hole in a rundown area. The "spa" appears to be an old pool. The room STUNK. It was not clean. The walls were paper-thin. I would not trust the locks. It looked, frankly, like a place one either rents by the hour, or one in which people get murdered and there are pictures of the scene in the newspaper the next day. I did NOT stay here, I took one look and ran for the nearest ANYWHERE else.

Room Tip: Run. Far far away.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelchateauguay, Propriétaire at Hotel Motel Le Chateauguay, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Let me tell you that the photos placed on this website are exactly that of our Hotel and it was taken a year ago by a photographer, our hotel is a familly Hotel and we are making improvements every year, it is Yes the rooms with a bed are smaller. Our mission is to have a Hotel clean and provide good service to our customer. If you expected to have the luxury of a 5 star hotel you do not book at the right place, we are 3 star and we can not afford to give us the luxury of a 5 stars. The price of our rooms is in proportion to a 3 star.
Saint-Jerome
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Thé hôtel is very clean. The staff is really helpfull and nice. Very good price for the room and the breakfast. 10 mn from the old Québec!
I Will GO back!

Room Tip: Next Time i Will Take the queen bed because the standard one is to small
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Reasonably located to Quebec City, Montmorency Falls & Ste Anne de Beaupre church. Bus stop to the city is a short walk. Room was clean & spacious enough with a table & two chairs, comfy bed & whirlpool bath. Since We were there for the Winter Carnival and it was cold We were worried about staying warm but the room was well heated. Eric at reception was kind enough to give Us coffee filters for the coffee machine in the room as We always travel with Our own blend of beans.

Downside: There was no shower to rinse after bathing. We booked our room via Cheaptickets and internet was supposed to be free however, after checking in We were told there would be a $5 internet charge per day (<24hr period!) when in fact the internet was advertised as included in the room rate (i.e. Free).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I stayed in the hotel portion of the facility and the room was great. It was what I wanted for the price I paid. The room was clean and it had a shower attached to it as well as a lovely little table for two and a tiny room with a little toilet/sink inside. The hotel was a few minutes away from Quebec City and very close to many fast food joints (Cafe Greco/PFC/Couche Tard/St Huberts).

The only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was how the bill was handled. Upon checking in, I paid the bill and noticed something a little funky about the price. I know there was a 14% tax and a 3% tax on top of what I paid but I didn't attribute it to anything. I just wanted to rest after the long drive. I asked about the internet code and they told me it was $5 a night! I secured my reservation from priceline and knew internet was free. Good thing I printed out my reservation to show it or else I would have had to pay for internet. I asked for the invoice to be printed out and noticed I was being charged $20 for long distance phone use. I didn't realize I would be charged for this and asked for it to be removed. Both the receptionist and owner were very nice about it and insisted it was, but there was no change to my bill. Its a little upsetting especially because I checked up on this request twice and still no charge was taken off. It's very sketchy of them to do.

If not for this, I would have been happy to recommend this hotel to friends but I am would now be very hesitant to do so. It was the one bad thing about our stay in Quebec City.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
hotelchateauguay, Propriétaire at Hotel Motel Le Chateauguay, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
First of all thank you for your comment, I want to specify that the internet is free at the reception desk, my Wi-Fi is actually $ 5 for 24 hours to your room and is well mention when you login, a window opens and explains well the connection costs. As against them you saw an error entry in a central reservation and it was confusing we would have paid without hesitation. However, if you become aware of this message n'ésitez contact us and we will gladly make the correction if necessary. Our goal is to satisfy our customers and ensure that they are well served, although it can occasionally get errors. Thank you for your understanding and wish you as our future customer.

Been to Hotel Motel Le Chateauguay? Share your experiences!