“Beautiful hotel just outside the walls of Old Quebec” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Quebec

You added Hilton Quebec to your Saves list
Hilton Quebec
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Rene Levesque East, Quebec City, Quebec G1R 4P3 , Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
FREE WiFi Nov and Dec!
Ranked #37 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful hotel just outside the walls of Old Quebec”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

If you are looking for a hotel right in the middle of Old Quebec, this is not the one you should choose. But since it is literally just outside the walls, it is a great location to be in the thick of everything, without being in a tiny room. The views from this hotel are incredible and the facilities themselves are beautiful. The rooms were modern and spacious and the lobby lovely.
My prime reasoning for a 4 instead of a 5 was twofold: the front desk staff were rude and inhospitable, and the wifi did not work as advised. Though I could work around both of these, in a Hilton, I would expect friendlier attendants. The front desk staff - at every juncture except one - were cold and unhelpful. They were often rude and somewhat obnoxious. I understand that, being American, I am the enemy somehow. But you are paid to be considerate and I am paying a premium for your cordiality. Very disappointed.

P.S. If you list crepes on the breakfast buffet for which I am paying over $25, don't slap French toast in the tureen,

Room Tip: Honestly, the views are impeccable from wherever, but I imagine a high floor would be optimal.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

concierge was friendly the entire staff was friendly and were glad to assist us in anyway they could. room was exceptionally clean, executive lounge was great. the hotel was just outside the gates of old quebec, within walking distance. would definitly return to the same hotel.

Room Tip: higher floors make the exec room closer
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mitchell, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We chose to stay here for our second night in town- it was about half price from the first hotel we stayed at. From the moment we walked in the door- it was awesome! Early checkin (10am) and a free upgrade. We mentioned we were celebrating my birthday in Quebec and appreciated the upgrade. We spent the day in Old Quebec then returned in time to enjoy the hor 'dorves and a drink in the Executive Lounge. Returning to our room to relax and enjoy the wonderful view of the river- we had a message to call Room Service for a missed delivery. They brought a plate of chocolates for my birthday! FREE! Breakfast again was wonderful-- and when we called for our car- they told me it was ready- and told me what vehicle-- without me even telling them the room number or name! I have never had better service! Made the trip to Quebec the best ever vacation I have ever had!! Thank you Hilton!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is located just outside the walls of the old town/fort. It is located right beside the parliment. Very convenient location where you can walk to all the major attractions. We only used the car to go to Montmorency falls. We stayed for four nights and the heck in was quick. Used the valet service. Room was clean and beds are very comfortable. Conceirge was very good and we used their recommendations for places to eat and see. Used the pool which is on the third floor outdoor. While it is showing its age, it was very clean. Buffet breakfeast was limited choices due to the ongoing renevations of the kitchen. Overall a good and convenient location to stay while visiting Quebec.

Ottawa, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

There was 5 of us, so we reserved two rooms, city view, with two queen beds in each room. The rooms had a mini-fridge where you could store left-overs or drinks, if you wanted. The bathroom was a little small, when sitting on the toilet you could touch the counter or the bathtub, but it sufficed. Two waters were included in the room, along with a little coffee machine, and hair dryer and safe.
The bathroom has a hand-held shower, which is one of the main reasons why we stayed here.
The room was a decent enough size, I mean, couldn't they always be bigger?
The challenges:
The room-service menu was extremely limited (they did not serve breakfast, although at the time of booking we were told it was a limited menu and breakfast could be ordered to the room, when we arrived and called room service, we were told you had to come down to the restaurant to eat). On the website it was advertised that room service was offering a limited menu (but it should have said - no room service for breakfast. no worries, I took a stroll down to Paillard at 7:30 a.m. for early morning croissants, muffins and juice for us all. Also on St-Jean street was a little convenience grocery store which offers quite a few things (bread, milk, toiletries etc) should you need them.
The pool was cold! I have been to a few Hilton's and this was by far, the coldest pool. In addition, there are signs to say you can only take one towel to use (which is ridiculous if you are a large person and need more than one towel, or if you have long hair which you want to squeeze water out of). There should be no limit on the number of towels. Thankfully, locks are provided at the pool desk. On our second day, we went to use the pool and after we swam past the plexi-glass partition, a blast of fire hydrant-like cold water hit you. When I questioned the pool desk attendant, he said that the pool water level had dropped and they were re-filling the pool. But the water they were filling it with was Stone Cold! Surely they could fill the pool after hours (so that paying guests would not be subjected to freezing cold water blasting at you and having to swim in freezing cold water. Overall, the pool was kind of disappointing and too cold to be relaxing.
Pros:
There is a gift shop located in the hotel (which is good if you want a French-only magazine, a map, some scarves or the regular pop, chocolate or chips junk food. We did not try the restaurant but when we complained about the no-breakfast room service the manager himself brought up two to-go breakfast boxes (which included 2 muffins, some croissant, pastries, yogurts, fruit and juice).
If you want fresh air, below the window is two little round levers, which if you pull, releases a flap and it opens to a screen covered open-air vent, which makes for much nicer sleeping, and it wasn't too noisy at all.
So..would I stay here again? It wouldn't be my first choice, especially at 350-400$ night for a weekend stay. It was a sub-par Hilton. We have previously stayed at Hotel 71, which is nice, has hand-held showers, pretty modern though, but includes a delicious breakfast.

Room Tip: The city view room on a higher floor was quiet, and we were located near an ice machine.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was there about 3 weeks ago. Was originally hoping to book a hotel inside the wall but no luck. Overall I would definitely recommend it. I think it's my first time staying at a Hilton. My only knock is that I didn't care for the view which I think was looking either north or west since I had specifically requested for a view of the wall city. I stayed at the Clarendon the previous year and because I got it via Hotwire it was a much better deal.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

the hotel was quite nice. disappointed we did not get the view we were promised, but it was fine as the view from the concierge lounge was grand! the staff up there were very helpful and nice, as were the lobby concierge staff. easy to walk to the walled city and the bus to the waterfall is a block away. the rooms was fine, the food was fine too. i would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Quebec? Share your experiences!