“View of the Old Quebec” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Quebec

You added Hilton Quebec to your Saves list
Hilton Quebec
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Rene Levesque East, Quebec City, Quebec G1R 4P3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #37 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“View of the Old Quebec”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This place can be a great stay if you are aware of some things. Internet will cost you $10/24hr. The food in the hotel does not look appetizing and $30/night parking is absolute robbery. That said - the River View from floors 10+ (we were on 16th) is worth every penny of the $210/night we paid. Ask for room 10 on any floor above 10 you will not be disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very typical of a Hilton in a major city clean but certainly nothing  to write home about. The rooms can certainly use some updating.  The towels on a daily basis were dingy, housekeeping was really stingy with the soap.  The hotel does not provide slippers or free wifi; I  have come to expect that after a certain price point both slippers and wifi should be included . There was an absence of service / pampering not that the service was poor it was just non existent.

We had a lovely view but the windows were dirty.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DanyThibault, General Manager at Hilton Quebec, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Good morning,

I wish to thank you for sharing your experience. I apologize for the service you encountered from our cleaning staff. I would truly appreciate if you could give me more details of your stay (date & room number...) in order for me to make the proper follow up with our housekeeping staff. As for slippers and wifi, please know that they are available to every guest upon request and wifi is free in all public areas at the hotel.

Once more, I would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced at our hotel during your stay and if ever you plan to come back to Quebec City and you wish to give us another try, please contact me directly.

Dany Thibault
dany.thibault@hilton.com
Bangor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton from July 2-5 and it was our second stay at this hotel. The room had a fantastic view (20th floor) and of course you can't beat the location for walking around the old city while at the same time being easy to drive to. We had an issue checking in however. We paid for our stay back in February when we booked through Orbitz, but when we went to check in the clerk had no evidence of our reservation.... she said the hotel recently changed computer systems and Orbitz' computers weren't yet "talking to" their computers. After consulting with her supervisor she apologized and gave us our keys.

Upon checking out we were informed by (another) desk clerk that we had to pay $780.00! She said there was no record of our paying for the reservation. After again checking with the supervisor she relented and apologized, sending us on our way after we paid for our breakfasts, the only items that should have been on our bill.

After coming home I emailed Orbitz about this problem and they informed me that the mixup was the fault of the Hilton's and Orbitz gave us $75.00 toward our next hotel reservation. I was pleasantly surprised at this and impressed by Orbitz' professionalism. Not as much the Hilton's.

Other than that, and a dirty window which was washed after I asked that this be done, we had no issues and enjoyed our stay at this perfectly-situated hotel. The pool was great although more chairs would be nice... they are at such a premium in the hot weather. We would certainly return to this hotel again despite the reservation issues. Just a heads-up for Orbitz travelers.

Room Tip: Corner rooms facing the Parliament are the absolute best, but any room high up is great- 15th floor...
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights prior to our cruise and enjoyed it a great deal. We took a cab to the hotel and checked in quite a bit early. The room was comfortable and clean. The location was nice and I truly appreciated the assistance from the concierge in helping us get around town. We enjoyed being able to walk to most places from our location. It was a nice easy stay for our family. The staff was very friendly and kind. I was a little disappointed that Hilton Honors Gold members do not have access to the executive lounge but all in all, I was pleased with the hotel. I would definitely stay there again sometime.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Quincy, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel is in a great location for visiting the Old City of Quebec. First, be aware that the parking garage is not affiliated with the hotel, and therefore there are no in/out privileges. It's $18/day and is actually located behind the hotel, so you must turn off of Honore Mercier on the block before Rene Levesque.
The rooms are about average for a Hilton, but the bathroom was one of those super-tiny-barely-fits-the-necessary-equipment sized bathrooms. The kind of bathroom where you must close the door in order to get in the shower. Also, unlike many American Hilton hotels, there was no coffee available in the lobby in the morning, not for sale and not for free. Ouch! There is a Second Cup coffee shop a couple blocks away in the Marriott.
In addition, be aware that the $3.75 bottle of water in your room is available at the grocery store 1 block away (Intermarche on St. Jean St) for 69 cents. The gift shop in the lobby of the hotel is similarly overpriced and doesn't take credit cards. I recommend the hotel for its great location, but recommend you get your necessities from the Intermarche. You can find the Intermarche by walking downhill on Honore Mercier, turn left on St. Jean, and it's on your right just past the combination pizza/Thai restaurant. (I know, right? Pizza and Thai in one restaurant! Weird!)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel offers a superb view of the old city, the chateau, and the parliament. Rooms are comfortable albeit very dusty. The hotel restaurant's food isn't edible. Thankfully, you are next to old Quebec which is replete with fine dining.
The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful.

Stayed June 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I don't know if this is a Hilton thing, you get charges for everything you do. I asked if I could stay 4 hours longer, because of my flight being in the evening. That costs $100.- extra. Valet parking 25.- WiFi 10.- a day, and its slow! There is no minibar in the room. My room (#1014) was small but clean. It has a mildewy smell and is old and dark. The great thing is the window view! Spectacular, night and day. Air is working good. Bathroom clean.

• Stayed July 2013
Bonjour,

Firstly, thank you for commenting your past stay. I truly appreciate your feedback as we constantly work to improve our on-property experience. I am sorry to hear that you feel you are not getting your value’s worth at the hotel or in Quebec City. I must say that the charges that you are referring to are very similar in many hotels in all of Quebec City. Please allow me to provide more information regarding these charges.

When possible, we allow late check-out until 1:00 or 2:00 PM. If needed, we offer to store your luggage for you at no cost. However, it is difficult for us to allow late check-out passed 2:00PM since we guaranty that the rooms will be ready by 3:00PM for all of our incoming guests. That is why, if you request we extend your check out by four hours, we are glad to do so but we must charge half a day because our housekeeping service must stay longer in order to clean the room in time for the next guest.
As for the Internet service, please know that it is offered complimentary in all public areas. Parking in downtown Old Quebec City is a challenge for many. A lot of parking lots, like ours, are owned by Vincy Park. They have the monopoly in the city and charge the same thing everywhere you go. However, if you choose to self-park, the costs are considerably lowered.
Mini-bars have been replaced by refrigerator on most of the floors because we had gotten several comments that mini bar were not practical nor family friendly.

Once more, I thank you for taking the time to share experience. I will make sure that the information regarding these charges is on our website in order to avoid future comments.

Dany Thibault

Been to Hilton Quebec? Share your experiences!