“"SPUR OF THE MOMENT"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Quebec

You added Hilton Quebec to your Saves list
Hilton Quebec
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Rene Levesque East, Quebec City, Quebec G1R 4P3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Now offering free WiFi!
Ranked #37 of 104 Hotels in Quebec City
NY
“"SPUR OF THE MOMENT"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My daughter and I visited the Hilton for a night cap on the eve of our arrival, earlier that evening we ate at a quaint little burger place near Le Frontenac- sorry I can't remember the name; it reminded me of "5 guys" burger joint without the peanuts thrown to the floor. It had stainless steel tables, brown paper napkins on the roll on the table with the condiments. It was bright and spacious. You place your order at the counter and they bring it to you. I had the turkey burger w/a medium soda and we shared the fries. Pretty darn good burger. Price was reasonable too. Back to the Hilton. Around 10:21 pm we had a cocktail at the Allegro in the Hilton. I had the Martini Chocolat for 10.00, my daughter had red wine. Our bartender was polite and friendly and let my daughter sample the wine before she brought a glass. He admitted it would be the first time he prepared the Martini Chocolat. So he used the book, which was absent one ingredient that was listed on the drinks menu. He then put the missing ingredient in (he had to guess at the amount) and it was pretty good. Since I'm not a real connossieur, you will have to sample it yourself, LOL...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The Quebec City Hilton is in an excellent location. Across the street from the National Assembly and the Plains of Abraham. Minutes to great shopping and restaurants. A clean hotel, rooms were great and the beds were comfortable. I had great sleeps at this hotel. Was here for a week on business and would recommend it for both business and pleasure. The pool is outside on the roof top and is heated so even though it was a cool November day it was so relaxing to be out there! Lovely property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Saint Albans, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Staff were very friendly and accommodating. The bellman even made an animal balloon for my 2 year old daughter. English spoken well. Very nice rooms with large picture windows. Short walk to the old part of the city but remember good boots in winter. Overall a very nice hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband had a meeting here, so I tagged along. Our room faced the Parliament Building across the city. I was able to walk to the Old Town, since this hotel is just outside the wall. The room was clean, modern and quiet. The front desk was friendly, efficient and helpful.
We did not eat any meals here, since we wanted to experience the restaurants in the Old Town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Burlington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here in the middle of winter, we could't walk to old quebec city becuase of heavy snow, but we didn't have a problem to sightseeing with ecolobus(1$ per person, station near Hilton).
I thing a good walk distance from Hilton in the other seasons.
There is an outdoor pool provided hot water, so all member of our family enjoyed swimming in the heart of snow flakes flying. It was awesome!!!!

Room Tip: request a room of river side and higher floors has a wonderful view of old quebec city. order room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have gone up to Quebec City with my girlfriend for 3 days and 3 nights and we stayed at this Hilton hotel. I asked for a room on the upper floors and with a view to the old city/St. Lawrence river. The lady at the front desk was super polite. We ended up getting a room on the 22nd floor with a full view to old Quebec & river - it was just stunning. I was not expecting this at all.

Everything in the hotel is superb, starting with the rooms, staff, gym, swimming pool and all the way down to the 4-story underground parking. I have absolutely no complaints - this hotel is everything I could ever ask for. They even brought us a wine bottle opener to our room within 5 min after I called the front desk asking for one.

The rooms themselves are very nicely furnished and clean and the king-sized bed is unbelievably comfortable. The cleaning staff also do a great job at keeping the room looking its best.

Overall, amazing stay. Thank you Hilton!

Room Tip: As high as possible and a view onto the old city/St. Lawrence River. Can't go wrong!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Georgetown, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Hilton Quebec has been one of my favorite Hilton’s for years, but not now.
I’ve stayed many nights and always had good experiences.
Let me begin by saying it may have been due to the season (Christmas) but the hotel isn’t the same as when I visited a year ago. With that said, let me say the staff was friendly as always.
My biggest disappointment was the Executive Lounge. It used to be renowned for its fine breakfast and evening reception, but not any more.
The espresso machine is gone, and the breakfast was not even Hampton Inn quality.
For my next trip I’ll opt out of this property and stay at the Hôtel Palace Royal down the street.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DanyThibault, General Manager at Hilton Quebec, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Good morning,

Thank you for commenting our hotel. It is with great disappointment that I read your comment.

I was surprised to read that you did not enjoy the breakfast in the executive lounge. It is not very common that we get such a comment. We have not made many changes to our menu. I believe they only removed the cheese platter because it was not a Hilton standard. Also, in Québec City, we are above the Hilton executive lounge standard required. We kept lots of items that are not supposed to be offered in the continental buffet. As for the coffee machine, I know that a part has broken during the holidays but rest assured that it currently at the vendor getting fixed and that they are lending us a machine temporarily in order to accommodate our guests.

I sincerely am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and wish to apologize for the inconvenience of our broken coffee machine. If ever you plan another stay in Quebec City and you wish to give us a second chance, please contact me directly and I will take care of your reservation personally.

Dany Thibault

Been to Hilton Quebec? Share your experiences!